• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread Hacker's Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
So err.....I think someone surpassed Jesmon as my number 1 favorite Digimon design....and dropped Alphamon to 4th and Dorugoramon to 3rd.....

Also, fun fact: Habu wants to work with Millenniumon, but has little information of the original Wonderswan games available. Until now, Watanabe says that he'll try to get some info.

Habu: In games, in particular the materials of the Digimon games that went to WonderSwan were not left. Although the game and strategy books of the time have gone through the first story, it is frustrating to have something that you do not know the details by any other means.

Watanabe: As much as WonderSwan is "The Digimon Exclusive Machine", there are actually many Digimon games. Be it for "Digimon" or "Crush Gear "(Laugh). At that time, among people, the original Portable Device team was different from WonderSwan's. While I was doing the setting of one or the other, I was called to make the drawings. In the setting, they wanted a Digimon that was all together, I drew a character that had part of several of them. That was Chimairamon, shortly after Millenniumon, similar to Chimairamon, was born.

Habu: That's right! As these characters are still popular, I would like to give them more opportunities to deepen their background. For this purpose, again, rearrange the materials ...

Watanabe: Let's organize the system, collect data and archive it!... Most of it (Lol)

Habu: Let's wait. Also, with the help of Mr. Kenji Watanabe I became a living archive. (Laugh)

Digimon Survive is basically gonna be dark as shit. Depending on your choices, main characters can actually die. And going by the Lord of the Flies connection, depending on choices and such your characters may end up trying to kill each other to survive. Like I said, this game may be the darkest thing in Digimon. Habu is going quite literal with this being a "Survival Game".

>Can say that when there's at least a dozen different Satans along with several genocides/genocide attempts in Digimon.

Also, I need to find matches for Mega Digimon (3-C ones), Don't know too many 3-C verses...

Almost finished translating the interview.

Digimon's twitter was created with two goals: To narrow the distance between producers and fans, and also how to spread more information about Digimon. Watanabe said that there was no many official means of transmitting information, even if it were simple in that way. So twitter came out as a way to bring more official information to the fans.

So yes, the information coming from Twitter really is canonical OVO

I'm finishing the other interview. There are some interesting things about her. According to Habu there was almost no budget for the Digimon World Re: Digitize development team and many of the models had to be reused from the Digimon Savers Another Mission. Every time I see Habu talking about the development of Re: Digitize I wonder how they managed to make the game, even more so because even Habu does not know how to say how they managed to produce a game like Re: Digitize.

Of course, this makes it very clear that we were lucky to have Re: Digitize been created. By the way Habu speaks, it would be very possible that Digimon would have died after Xros Wars.

We don't know. His Databook entry hasn't been translated yet. So we know nothing about him outside of his two pre evos, design and name.

It hasn't even been added yet. If it was just untranslated, we could throw it in Google Translate and get a basic understanding of it.

Cyber Sleuth is great, but very wordy and pretty BS at times. Hackers Memory is better imo but wouldn't make as much sense without CS.

TBH you might want to avoid most other games. I hear Next 0rder and Re:Digitize are great but really unique and hard to play. The DS games are fan service for Digimon nerds but would be pretty nightmarish for new comers. Adventure on PSP is a lot of fun if you like the Adventure anime but is otherwise a pretty bog-standard JRPG.

Interview with Ryo Mito. Ryo Mito is a Game Producer that work with the Story series before Habu, he also work in Savers Another Mission, World X and Championship.

Apparently, Mito does not think Cyber Sleuth should be a Story series game, since the style of the game is more "cool and stylized" while those of the previous games in the series were "pop and cute". If possible Myth says he would like to come back with the cute and pop style using latest technologies.

And I find interesting how Digimon Story is still the game that sold the most, I wonder if Digimon Survive will be able to surpass the more than 200,000 copies that Digimon Story sold, considering only the Japanese territory.

I loved this style of drawing. It's one of my favorites, and seeing Digimon having it is something amazing.

Digimon-Survive 2018 08-27-18 015.png 600
Digimon-Survive 2018 08-27-18 016.png 600
Digimon-Survive 2018 08-27-18 017.png 600

Aoi Shibuya and Minoru Hyuga, and their partner Digimon Labramon and Falcomon.

Aoi is the diligent and mature senpai of the group. She handles food management and base security. Her partner Labramon is the type to say something like it is.

Minoru is a classmate of the protagonist Takuma. He is optimistic, talkative, and can open up to anyone. He does not like fighting with others. His partner Digimon Falcomon is a Digimon of strong character, but can occasionally exhibit odd behavior.

Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/08/digmon-...inoru-hyuga-labramon-and-falcomon-screenshots

I am not good at rendering black backgrounds. Any images with white backgrounds? I want to get the renders done early.

Storyline Info: We learn that the story starts during a summer camp. The main character Takuma and his classmates Minoru and Aoi visit a famous local temple to investigate a mysterious legend, the story of Kemonogam.

As they explore the temple they encounter a monster, Koromon. Suddenly, they hear screaming. After running to the scene, Takuma and Koromon find a group of monsters that are attacking the boy's classmates. Koromon turns into Agumon, and together, the two chase the monsters away. Despite the momentary respite, they discover that they aren't yet safe, as they have been transported into a mysterious world.

http://imgur.com/a/VIAw2h9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back