• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Difference Between High 1-B and 1-A?

I get that 1-A characters transcend the concept of dimensions all together, but what does that really mean in terms of power? I feel like a High 1-B character should be just as powerful as a 1-A character since their dimensional power is still infinite.

Also another semi-related question. Say you take a 1-A character from a verse where the dimensional reality is finite. E.g. in this verse, the dimensional reality contains no more than 100 dimensions, but this character is 1-A in this fictional verse. Compare this character to a High 1-B character (from another verse obviously). Who is really more powerful? The High 1-B character has infinite dimensional power. Sure, the 1-A character transcends dimensions altogether, but he comes from a verse where he could only ever have influence over a finite amount of dimensions (100 to be exact). The High 1-B character may have greater feats in his respective universe that will make him appear more powerful (e.g destroyed a 1 million dimensional realm or something) where as the 1-A character could never have a feat like this.

I almost feel like there should be another sub-catagory to 1-A that's called Low 1-A: "Characters that transcend dimensions, but exist in a verse where the dimensional reality is finite."

Say you have a ladder. An infinite one. Everything that exists is on that latter. The higher the being is on that ladder, the more powerful they are.

High 1-B is on the infinitenth step.

1-A is completely beyond that latter. No matter how much steps you go on that ladder, you will never reach 1-A, because it is completely out of the scale.

It doesn't matter how many steps the ladder has, a 1-A is totally beyond the ladder anyway.

@WeeklyBattles

Well the Outerverse page implies that you can have a character like that.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Outerverse

"even an infinite-dimensional hyperverse would be nonexistent in comparison to them, regardless if the setting of a verse is infinite-dimensional or not. What this means is, if a setting is for example, 14-dimensional, but a world outside of it is described as being conceptually superior to all forms of space-time, the realm qualifies as an outerverse."

It's basically implying that an outerverse can still exist in a fictional verse that has a finite amount of dimensions. Therefore a 1-A character can exist in such a verse.

I mean, they can [manifest], they just don't.

Edit: This was supposed to be a reply to WB, but I got Super-Ninja'd

To add on my previous post, it also means that High 1-B isn't in any way closer to 1-A than a 11-B would be. You're just higher on the ladder, but not any closer to being outside of it.

@Weekly

Actually they can, they just need to be beyond the concept of dimensions altogether to be 1-A, the verse doesn't necessarily needs to be Infinite-dimensional

In relation to the question:

No, 1-A are outright above the concept of dimensions, while infinite-dimensional entities are still limited by dimensions, despite having infinite-dimensional power...

It's basically the old higher being sees lower being as fiction, analogy

EDIT: wow i was grossly ninja'ed... o well

• proceeds to cry in the corner*

@RXJ. Basically, to be 1-A, you have to be beyond infinitely beyond an infinite amount of infinite infinities, while for High 1-B, you have to be an infinite amount of infinities or some variation of it up until reaching the 1-A qualification.

@Weekly Again, I'm sure that they ONLY transcends higher dimensional structures, not dimensions themselves.

Transcending isn't the same as being beyond infinitely beyond (I actually wasn't joking for the sake of repetition in that post)

Saikou The Lewd King said:
High 1-B is on the infinitenth step.

1-A is completely beyond that latter. No matter how much steps you go on that ladder, you will never reach 1-A, because it is completely out of the scale.

But you can also have two High 1-Bs where one is infinitely more powerful than the other.

I guess what I'm really trying to ask is, what limitations does a High 1-B have over its reality that a 1-A doesn't?

what limitations does a High 1-B have over its reality that a 1-A doesn't?

An High 1-B is limited by dimensions

An 1-A isn't

High 1-B is still bound to the concept of dimensions.

To mention the ladder again, even if you are on the infinitenth step, some people can be "beyond" you without being beyond the ladder itself. Levels of infinities exists y'know.

If some entity destroyed everything, and I do mean everything, the 1-A would survive (without appropriate regen). The High 1-B won't, no matter how many infinities they're beyond another High 1-B.

1-A beings are outside dimensions and can poke the ladder or any step of the ladder they want, while being unable to be poked back

I see no reason why theyre not 1-A when they were around before higher and lower dimensions existed. If you dont need to be High 1-B to have 1-As then they absolutely qualify.

You got a statement for this bud though? That they existed before dimensions itself? The profiles seems to just imply that they transcend a reality that happens to have dimensions in them.

Monarch Laciel said:
1-A beings are outside dimensions and can poke the ladder or any step of the ladder they want, while being unable to be poked back
What if the 1-A is from a verse with finite dimensions? And then you threw him/her into a verse with infinite dimensions? Would he really know what to do with the ladder? We would deduce that he'd be able to destroy the infinite ladder, but he wouldn't have the feats to back it up.

The ladder is just bigger, but that doesn't matter. You won't ever reach 1-A via being higher dimensional. As much as you won't exist beyond the ladder simply by being higher on it.

Same silliness as attempting to reach the clouds by walking around the globe.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/vision-at-betar

"Of my descent from the home of the elder gods, I will say little: the horrors of those twisted Ways and hellish realms are fit only for the King and his servants.

I fell from the Light, and the summit of the uppermost Way, and there was Nothing. There was Nothing, and I knew fear.

My mind left me in the Nothing, burned away from my soul. I tore Speaks-With-Self from its place at my side and ate it. I did this to protect it from what was to become of it, and I was inured to its screams.

I passed from Nothing to Something, into the dregs of primordial chaos that existed before."

The High Elder Gods existed before the nothingness from before the primordial chaos that came before the Darkness that came before creation.

There is no difference between an 1-A from a verse with finite dimensions and an 1-A from a verse with infinite-dimensions, they are still beyond the concept dimensions regardless how big the verse's setting is

edit: ninja'ed again aaaaaaaa

It's still just transcending a reality with dimensions in them. If you exist in the primordial void before a 4D universe, doesn't make you 1-A. As much as existing in the primordial void before a 10-D multiverse doesn't make you 1-A.

I'll expand the ladder example.

There's a ladder. Each step is infinitely wide and long. Getting to the next step is an infinite distance, and said step becomes infinitely more complex. The steps go on literally as infinitum.

1-A's are the guys who can stand next to that ladder and view it as a normal ladder. The can go on any step, or simply push it down and destroy it, with no effort.

Okay another question: If a High 1-B destroys their infinite dimensional reality and still continues on existing, would they qualify for 1-A?

You've destroyed an infinite dimensional reality, not dimensions themselves. Same as to why Weekly's example isn't 1-A.

You just broke something on top of the ladder but the ladder itself is just fine.

Okay, a High 1-B destroys the entire ladder themselves, but still continues existing. Do they qualify for 1-A?

This would more explain characters being able to destroy/merge certain dimensions rather than characters destroying X dimensional realities. @Cal

@RXJ Yeah. If they destroy dimensions itself, it sounds 1-A.

@Weekly This is just existing before an X dimensional reality. Tell me, how is it different from any character existing before a single space-time continuum, if the verse only has one universe?

I'm interpreting your question as if said feat is the reason the feat is High 1-B.

No, because they can't destroy the entire ladder and/or still forced to exist in the place where the ladder was.

The real cal howard said:
I'm interpreting your question as if said feat is the reason the feat is High 1-B.
No, because they can't destroy the entire ladder and/or still forced to exist in the place where the ladder was.

No, the question is you have a character that's established as High 1-B for some previous reason. They then get a new feat where they completely erase the infinite ladder and still continue on existing. Do they get upgraded to 1-A?

Again, they're High 1-B for a previously established reason.

Back