• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Did DBZ truly only have four galaxies before DBS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to explain why I don't believe the DB Universe had 4 galaxies to begin with. Before a mod closes this, please take the time to read through first, leave a response, and maybe even give me a chance to respond to your own response. That will be all.

DB Super has proven that there are, in fact, just as many galaxies as there are in our own Universe.

"It's accepted as a seperate continuity"

Well, Super is an official continuation of Dragon Ball Z that takes place within the 10 year gap between the Buu Saga and END of DBZ.

"Con•ti•nu•i•ty: The maintenance of continuous action and self-consistent detail in the various scenes of a movie or broadcast."

Basically, consistency within the story/stories. Well, if they weren't the same continuity, shouldn't it be like DBGT, which was said to be an alternate ending to Dragon Ball? However, to show that it's retained it's consistency...

For starters, things haven't seemed to really change from the final episode of Z and DBS currently. Example? Well, for starters, Uub exists in both Z and the END of DBZ, imolying that this final episode still happens. Now let's move on to the galaxy part.

A7nmkUa
Now, people may argue that there is only one galaxy shown, and the ones circled are nebulae. However, we have this from Daizenshuu:

http://magikarp46.com/dragonball/guidebooks/07-worldview.php#part6

Úèǵ▓│

Galaxy

A gathering of local planets in the universe. Planets gather and form a nebula, and beyond that, a collection of gathered nebulae is called a galaxy. The four Kaiou who rule over the east, west, south, and north [sections] of the universe actually govern these galaxies. Because the Kami in the Heavenly Realm and the Kaiou supervise the galaxies that exist infinitely in all the universe, the sections known as the East, West, South, and North Galaxies are denominations that came into use through their duty.

1. It is said that the galaxies exist infinitely in the universe (not saying that there is an infinite ammount, but obviously more than four)

2. It is said that a collection of nebula are a galaxy. If we say those really are nebulae, then that would mean that we're seeing a galaxy inside of another galaxy, which makes 0 sense. And even if we still say that, it would support that each "galaxy" has galaxies within them.

Now, there are two circled extremely close in the upper right area. Even if we say that those two are actually one, and we still only see four (which wouldn't make much sense, due to its shape compared to the rest):

Images-7
There's still this one that Buu destroyed in the anime. At least 5 - 6 galaxies shown, throwing the four galaxies arguments out the window for Z. Finally, regardng the "4 galaxies" map from Daizenshuu: Japanese language doesn't have plural forms.

https://m.reddit.com/r/CharacterRan..._the_dbz_universe_have_only_4_galaxies_or_is/ Japanese language doesn't have plural forms. So if the author meant the north's galaxies, northen galaxies or galaxies of the north (in plural), we wouldn't be able to distinguish it from, the north galaxy, the northen galaxy or the galaxy of the north (in singular). So quadrant might be a much better definition.

~Reddit user "Truthtrolling"

Considering everything else above, quadrant indeed seems more reliable than galaxy or galaxies.

If I have made spelling and grammar mistakes that I did not fix, I apologize.

DB Super isn't seen as a different continuity?

Anyways this is a banned topic. You're really not making a good decision, bringing this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back