• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diavolo vs Weather Report [Rematch] (GRACE)

The old thread didn't go well and was also never added, so we're doing this again:

• In character
  • Speed Equalized
  • Weather has Heavy Weather
VOTES:

• Diavolo: 7 (The Divine Phoenix, Eficiente, LordUrien935, JooCipher, ThePixelKirby, Schnee One, Kyschan)
  • Weather:
  • Inconclusive:
Diavolovs
Weather report

Nothing in erased time affects him, so unlikely. Especially because he can seemingly see stars despite being day with his spatial manipulation, so light shouldn't be able to get to him during erased time. The real question is if Diavolo can be turned into a snail by seeing the light through Epitaph.

I'd say probably, the subliminal messages should still happen if he sees it with his precog, no reason why they wouldn't.

It takes time for Heavy Weather to have a subliminal message that turns others into snails, which is why he didn't had that upon having his powers back.

His profile says upon sight or contact, the transformation triggers, meaning that Diavolo would start turning into a snail the moment he looks into the future with Epitaph.

His powers didn't work like that upon having his powers back, it's not passive.

The way I see it, he just has to activate HW somewhere within the time period that Diavolo sees with Epitaph, will he do that? If he uses it within those 10 seconds, Diavolo becomes a snail from seeing the light with Epitaph.

When he got his memories back HW was activated for waaay more than 10 secs and no one got snail'd. So no.

Where did this "you see HW you lose" notion came from? This is way out of context.

Pretty sure Heavy Weather takes less than 10 seconds to activate. Epitaph will look forward in time and see a nailed version of himself and the light from that vision will convince him that he's a snail.

It nulls his abilities so Weather can just punch him if he tries to do anything.

Not HW, the snail effect. It's not something he automatically has and starts with when using HW, it takes time.

I predict an image of mutilation from that username. If not then sorry.

Jolyene and the gang were unaffected until later. This could be a case of outlier. Every time someone looked at the rainbows after this point they were affected.

That's not how outliers works. This is how his powers works and you guys want to exaggerate it.

The canonical description literally states eye contact with the rainbows causes the transformation. Random birds and civilians who were just about on their merry way were turned into snails because of Heavy's ability.

The only ones who were not affected by the visual transformation were the main characters, who I assume were only unaffected because they were either the main characters, or Stand users.

Sir Ovens said:
The only ones who were not affected by the visual transformation were the main characters, who I assume were only unaffected because they were either the main characters, or Stand users.
The latter is an assumption. And then again, I didn't said it didn't work on eye contact, I said doing so takes time, as we saw.

Yes. But the effect depending on who you are can take either seconds or minutes to fully change you. If we take the average, I'd say it would take Diavolo 5 minutes before he's a full snail. All the while, it's getting harder and harder for him to control his Stand abilities.

Just saw his stats again. Unknown in all categories and an ability that makes no sense, WR later made up new powers, too.

Anyway Diavolo ftra.

Back