• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at Yogiri's profile and saw that he only has athlete level durability and doesn't have any resistance to time related abilities so I thought **** it let's see if Diavolo can time erase away his instant death and donut him

Diavolo with King Crimson and previous in depth knowledge about Yogiri's abilities and how they function.

Standard Yogiri with no previous knowledge

Battle takes place in the Church where Diavolo Killed Bruno.

They start 10 meters apart and Diavolo is hidden behind a Pillar

Speed not equalized but subject to change

EDIT:SPEED EQUALIZED

Other than that SBA apply

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Yogiri_Takatou#Resistances

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Diavolo

>Speed not equalized

Yogiri blitz passives in his verse and his instant death negates 10 layers of death resistances. He has immeasurable speed so Yogiri omega Stomp

Still a stomp because Diavolo can't deal with 4D Fatehax plus any killing intent Diavolo made will automatically be traced by his instant death and automatically kills Diavolo regardless of space and time

If the fatehax is just said instead of shown then it's just conjecture and shouldn't even be on the profile. Yogiri still wins because he's a wish fulfillment Gary Stu devoid of any character or narrative stakes, so it doesn't matter.

Shouldn't that be stated in his abilities or resistances then? Also what if I made him fight GER, I'm trying to find something to beat this ******

The real cal howard said:
If the fatehax is just said instead of shown then it's just conjecture and shouldn't even be on the profile. Yogiri still wins because he's a wish fulfillment Gary Stu devoid of any character or narrative stakes, so it doesn't matter.
Fatehax was stated and shown on his battle against Aoi. And also numerous times before that

I guess people read it for the novelty of it. Although OPM quickly figured out one punching everything was gonna get old fast and switched up the narrative and attention to everyone else in the world

Not even. I think people read it simply because the main character is strong. It certainly isn't for the themes and personality of him. I read it to see what goes on. Yogiri has zero personality. I literally forgot what he looked like as soon as he was no longer in front of my face.

Why don't authors just go balls out with gary stu characters? Personally if i were to make a character like Yogiri in a story i would make him a two faced bastard who is an absolute piece of shit because as the age old saying goes... "Power tends to corrupt, and Absolute Power corrupts completely."

Because that would involve making a character interesting and a neat character study, therefore giving them flaws and making them not a Gary Stu for their audience to project on.

That or they're hacks.

Bedroombedrock said:
Endless do you think otherwise?
Sort of. I sorta always wanted Yogiri to go berserk

Not the kind of killing machine but the kind of "gets angry and murders the enemy violently after witnessing a bad scene" type. Granted, his power doesnt allow himself to do that nicely

Also, yeah, he lacks personality, but what the frick do you expect? No one can do harm to him, he is untouchable, so life is just boring to him. Maybe if someone kidnaps his girl, then things can become interesting

Or you could make it a character study on what happens when a teenage kid gets basically omnipotence. I propose making him go all out and take over the world and force everyone to obey him and his every desire, how it conflicts with his human morality and if it's even sustainable when it no longer has any consequences and how society would react

With Saitama, fights can still sorta happen even with his immense strength over others, which is fun

Yogiri however, doesnt have that "luxury" because of the nature of his power. Its just "Die" and gg

If by fighting you mean "let himself get beat on out of boredom and then lifting his hand and saying die" a fight then sure

Im not saying the series is boring. In fact, its interesting to see how different kinds of creatures reacts or acts when they are striked by his hax

What Im saying is, there isnt much paths for the author to make a good personality for Yogiri, at least not now. I mean, he is weak and has strong hax, so exciting fights you only see with characters like Ayaka Shinozaki, not him

And if he doesnt need to do.anything to win a fight, then the chances of his personality changes are pretty low since thats how it is with most shounens

Yogiri said it himself. They all die the same. That's not interesting at all.

It doesn't need to be a shounen, it just needs to be interesting, which it's not. Yogiri is a Sue and Ayaka should be the main character, but given the fact that the author can't write for shit I wouldn't be surprised if she was a Sue too.

"They all die the same" as in "they all end up dead in the end". Lai clearly had a death completely different than anyone else. Maya exploded into tiny particles which were erased right after. HRE regretted fighting Yog after getting striked, etc etc

Does it matter? They die. Conflict over. It's not like there were any stakes. It's not like there was any chance of them surviving. It's just they minorly inconvenience Yogiri until he inevitably offs them with a thought. That one girl who's almost as uninteresting as him is always attached at his hip and there's no stakes for her safety either.

Bruh, of course they die lol, thats what the series is about, Instant Death. The point is to be able to kill invincible existences and things that couldnt be even thought of being killed, thats why its interesting (for me at least)

"Its not like there was any chance of them surviving"

Except there is people who "survived". Aoi quickly saw a glimpse of how her death would be and stopped going for him immeaditely, she even received organ damage as a side effect. HRE confronted him as an avatar and left its body right before Yog striked him, he only died because he decided to come back in its true form to attack again

Things are interesting when there's conflict. When character struggle. Man vs man is obviously uninteresting. Man vs nature is nonexistent. Man vs self is uninteresting as Yogiri lacks a personality. You don't worry for anyone's well being in Instant Death. If it's teyinf to be a parody it fails miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back