• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry - Universe Level Mundus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
Me and Hideki Kamiya (Creator of Devil May Cry) had a brief exchange on twitter, where he reveals that Mundus in Devil May Cry 1 creates a universe. The exchange can be read here.

I didn't know AMM had a twitter account. Then again, i didn't think you could talk to the creator of DMC.

Oh wait, i do that with the co-creator of PZPTH (a Disney cartoon show) so.....yeah. ^^;

So basically the guy confirmed that Mundus from the very first game created....a/or the universe? Though why did he mention the latter half of the comment about it tho? Just wondering. @AMM

CrossverseCrisis said:
So basically the guy confirmed that Mundus from the very first game created....a/or the universe? Though why did he mention the latter half of the comment about it tho? Just wondering. @AMM
Mundus created a universe in the first game, he mentioned the latter half to correct me on what Mundus actually done I would think.

I cannot access the link. Can you take a screenshot of the conversation?

Okay. Then I suppose that I have no objections for an upgrade to Low 2-C. Just remember to link to the confirmation image within the Mundus profile.

I have no objections either here if the guy who created one of Capcom's most well known games answered something like this.

But as Antvasima said, make sure to link this image or conversation even (if possible) on Mundus page here. *Nods*

Link to the image. The conversation is subject to removal.

Eh. Does Mundus display anything close to universe level power in the source material? That should be what matters. Whatever statement a developer or writer makes after the fact is not part of the source material because of one simple concept that has been used in vs debates for a very long time http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeathOfTheAuthor . Unlesss its directly retconned in future games statements like these don't matter.

Mundus literally creates a Universe in the first game, however we were unaware (until now) about how big exactly Mundus's creations are.

Don't know if I'm for or against this, but I will point out that creating a universe is a 3-A feat, not Low 2-C. Nothing implies Mundus created a space-time continuum.

i should have asked but i don't use twitter lol dammit it seems 3-A though unless hideki specify a space-time continnium was made as well

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Don't know if I'm for or against this, but I will point out that creating a universe is a 3-A feat, not Low 2-C. Nothing implies Mundus created a space-time continuum.
^

Can't speak for whether or not it's an outlier, or whether or not it should be used, but.

idk fiction also can ya varify their speed like how fast they travelled through the universe sized dimension?

Well looks like i might have to go take back my opinion and sit this one out in the backgrounds for now....

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
How does one create a Universe without a space time continuum?
Because a "universe" is almost strictly always all matter and energy. We do not assume 4-D scale of power unless specified or obvious.

Again, this not only comes off as heavily outlierish, but Death to the Author is a common rule in vs.

If the creator of Sonic said he could bust a universe, naturally, you wouldn't believe it, because there's no proof as such yes? Same applies here

Well, no, because this is just a clarification question about a scene in the video game.

It's not like its some random statement of power.

Because a "universe" is almost strictly always all matter and energy. We do not assume 4-D scale of power unless specified or obvious.
Creating a Universe without space-time being present within it would be incredibly bizarre, considering that both Dante and Mundus never showcased anything which would tell us that there is no space-time present. I don't think creating a universe requires as strict specifications as destroying one.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Creating a Universe without space-time being present within it would be incredibly bizarre, considering that both Dante and Mundus never showcased anything which would tell us that there is no space-time present. I don't think creating a universe requires as strict specifications as destroying one.
That's not how it works. Mundus wouldn't need to create a 4-D space-time because a 4-D space-time already exists.

It's not the same as say...Arceus creating a universe being Low 2-C, since Arceus was there before space and time, and needed to make them, in the first place.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Again, this not only comes off as heavily outlierish, but Death to the Author is a common rule in vs.
If the creator of Sonic said he could bust a universe, naturally, you wouldn't believe it, because there's no proof as such yes? Same applies here
Psh: Naruto Guideboooooks....

That's not how it works. Mundus wouldn't need to create a 4-D space-time because a 4-D space-time already exists.

It's not the same as say...Arceus creating a universe being Low 2-C, since Arceus was there before space and time, and needed to make them, in the first place.
I see, for now I will accept the feat being of a 3-A power but my thoughts my change depending on circumstances. For now it's best to solidify the feat and get it accepted.

true and now we need to solidify speed......it would make no sense if universal characters can travel in that space with sub rel reaction with MHS+ speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back