• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry - Universe Level Mundus

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the god tiers will be 3-A in AP/durability sooo anyone have issues with this or no?

@xolon thats because ppl bring that up so many times because of death battle he really got tired of it. It doesn't change the fact that AMM got the statement out of Kamiya

Xolon said:
Honestly on top of the fact that Kamiya could be just trolling with this because he doesn't really seem to give a shit about power level bullshit and VS fights evidenced by this https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/704128740398215168 . He could've also changed his mind which would make this an unnofficial retcon. or he could've just forgotten his original intention.
Hideki gives honest replies to people who ask genuined questions about his games, he even gave someone confirmation that one of the enemies in the game is based off of JoJo' stone mask. Also, you do know that he only gets sick of people who flood his inbox messaging the same thing to him like on a daily basis? Please do not make up scenario's where he just retcons moments of his games for the fun of it.

Oh yea, I asked Hideki on if it was a continuum or not and he answered me with this.

Stc

Quite vague, perhaps we can do 3A possibly Low 2-C going off from this statement.

Hes giving me the impression he does not care at all and is just saying stuff for the sake of it. If anything i'm less convinced..

To me it just sounds like he can distunguish between creating a universe and it's space-time. It's a shame he wont give me a proper answer but still, it's better than anything.

What is so unreliable about Hideki giving clarification on a scene from his game again? You're basing it off his stance on Bayonetta vs Dante which is not related at all to the topic at hand, which is Mundus showing himself to be creating a universe (with WOG as clarification) and possibly creating it's space-time as well.

I think that he seemed sincere in his replies.

I believe I have discussed already on why this would not be an outlier, due to Mundus being shown to be far above the likes of Dante and his minions in DMC1 the latter being dispatched effotlessly whilst in his Avatar mode (Griffin). And that Dante was only able to combat him with the use of the Sparda Sword which housed Sparda's power (The man who was able to take down Mundus in the first place)

It's quite a different scenario compared to Aesir, seeing that we are given the possibility that Mundus did create a space-time continuum in this universe and that people actually scale to him (Dante in his final DT forms and Sparda)

I really don't see a problem with the statement....although Hideki probably doesn't care all that much. He just thought it was a clarification question.

he doesn't really care but at least we got some clarify that that it could be 3-A and now maybe low 2-C

Dragonmasterxyz said:
How would this scale to Dante? Didn't he only win with that one time only power-up?
Said power up was his fathers power, and in Devil May Cry 2 and other games it is heavily implied that Dante is on the same level if not greater than his father.

not really majin devil trigger is sparda dante as it was a revised version of the one time power up so yeah Dante would still scale

Antvasima said:
"At least 3-A" may be reasonable.
Should we discard Hideki's statement of Mundus possibly creating a universe with a Time-Space continuum? Or is this apart of the reasoning for the ranking you have issued?

if we accept him having created a universe

then why are we denying him having created space and time?

• High Universe level: Characters who have an infinite degree of 3-dimensional power. Alternately 4-dimensional power that is shown as completely qualitatively superior to 3-Dimensional beings, but is less than universal in scale. Or that allows them to create large parts of a universal continuum. Take note that we consider most small scale time-space abilities as hax, not as AP.

So, as said by other members. I think At least 3-A possibly Low 2-C would be fitting for Mundus,Dante and Sparda.

After thinking on it more, I'm fine with the upgrades.

I do not believe anything more than 3-A is warranted, however. Just 3-A.

Despite a space-time continuum being made with this universe is a possibility via WoG? Also the feat in of itself was very casual, the Universe was made by Mundus flapping his wings.

I'm inclined to agree with Aizen on the legitimacy of that statement.

Casual or not, I'm most comfortable with 3-A, or At least 3-A.

Again, the tweet is open for intrepretation. Me,Alaka and Ant believe the quote to be genuine while others don't think the same way. And I don't think we judge the legitimacy of WoG like this, but whether or not they have actually provided reliable information in the past. E.G if Kamiya is notorious for giving false information to fans then I will be inclined to doubt the legitimacy of this statement, but seeing as he has never pulled of such stunts in the past I doubt this to be the case.

I still honestly disagree here since it is just one WoG statement. But since everyone else agrees I might as well give...

I mean, it is genuine to the extent that he clearly designed it to look that way.

Of course, he doesn't seem to care all that much. It's such a small detail to him in the long run that he can just tweet it back and not think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back