• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry: Question about Dante's speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Hmm, I do suppose you have a point. Dante shouldn't really have a reason to urgently get away from an explosion which wouldn't even scathe him; he's already got Lucia in a position which blocks her from the blast.
Thanks!

No one in DMC anime was stated to be on Mundus level. Only Abigail (the ORIGINAL one), not sid + abigail's power.

Original Abigail =/= Sid + abigail's power.

Baul and Modeus, were NEVER stated to be on Mundus level. The only thing stated in the anime about these two is that they are both apprentices of Sparda. Just that.

Brunout,

Plus Baul wanted Dante's soul so he could surpass Sparda and rule the Demon World, which actually proves he is weaker than both Sparda and Mundus.

"All your examples are false-equivalencies / lies."

What an irony ... it seems that the game has turned, is not it?

Concluding my opinion.

For those who create a universe, achieving FTL is nothing, If it hurts so much to accept the MFTL, accept at least the FLT because much of the staff and community has accepted.

The calculation is there, and the explanations for the clouds also since mundus has weather control, we have no reason to disregard it.

Hideki has already confirmed that Mundus created is really a universe and Dante has good speed feats in his base form in DMC2, which easily border the FTL.

Dealing with the legendary battle where he assumes the power of his father to fight against the king of the underworld in other universe , the feat is perfectly acceptable.

"FTL+, possibly MFTL"

Thinking about things, I don't recall any moment in DMC2 where Dante had to go full speed. The one I linked was the only instance I know of; even then you can argue Dante didn't really feel any sense of urgency to get out. With that said, I'm unsure but I'm leaning towards MFTL+.

Saying that Dante had "No reason to move away from the explosion" is stretching it. If the scene showed that he couldn't outrun it, then that is an example of his speed.

How is assuming a character who's well above city block, to not feel urgency at the threat of a small building level explosion "stretching it"?

"For those who create a universe, achieving FTL is nothing, If it hurts so much to accept the MFTL, accept at least the FLT because much of the staff and community has accepted."

Couldn't care less about his Tier. We go by feats, what you think a 3-A (debatable, too) should be doesn't matter.

"The calculation is there, and the explanations for the clouds also since mundus has weather control, we have no reason to disregard it."

We have plenty of reason to disregard it, you just don't want you but you haven't given any reason to do so.

"Hideki has already confirmed that Mundus created is really a universe"

I can actually debunk that. He also referred to Mundus' realm as just "so biiig" when asked if it was universe sized once. All of his other answers are one-word responses, while all the other power level questions he ever got were trollings, both before and after AMM's original Mundus question.

"Dante has good speed feats in his base form in DMC2, which easily border the FTL."

He does not. You just think it seems FTL.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Holy shit, have you read any comic? Superman in his prime doesn't struggle to lift buildings, unless you grabbed a Year 1 origin story which in that case Superman is always far weaker.

All your examples are false-equivalencies / lies.
Forgive me, it was not my intention to disrespect anyone, but follow your own advice.

"He also referred to Mundus' realm as just "so biiig" when asked if it was universe sized once."

Pretty sure that he said "Big as ours", and not "so biig".

I doubt that he was trolling, When someone asked "Are you saying that he really created an universe", he said "Read my answer again". Just because he trolls sometimes doesn't mean that he will be always trolling with his answers. Especially questions regarding his characters.

Q: "Is the God of Time a real entity in the Devil May Cry universe?"

A: "Play DMC 6 to find out."

Q: "Which of these characters of yours is the strongest: *Lists a bunch*"

A: "Ask your mom"

Q: "How big is Mundus' dimension?"

A: "So big."

Q: "Can Mundus control space-time?"

A: "Ask him."

He trolls people every single time with these kinds of questions.

In regards to Mundus' universe, it is the only time he gives a half answer, but the three times he is purposefuly vague and barely answers. He says "Universe" the first time, "Read previous answers" in the second, and "The former" in the third.

I could very well make a case that he is trolling DMC Fanboys and the Vs.Debating crowd by giving them exactly the kind of answer they want, but you people are accepting it precisely because it is what you want, regardless of it being accurate or not.

Regardless, this thread is about speed, not Attack Potency.

@Hamiku

I never once attacked you personally, I criticized your arguments, which were very poor..

Not me, but the guy in the quote ...

Well, I'm warning you that I'm not being hostile or disrespectful, I'm just asking.

Did not you use those same arguments in Dante's downgrade topic? Why do you expect them to be useful on this topic?

And it's supported by the Bradygames guide and the Manga.

The universe is relevant to speed.

And no he doesn't always troll. He trolls about things he considers irrelevant to his games. Like the who is strongest questions.

The guidebook doesn't confirm that it is a universe, nor does the manga.

The guidebook and manga talk about the "Human world and demon world", which is rather extremely vague and I feel is interpreted far too literally here.

It is clear from the lore we have that Mundus didn't literally fuse the entire universe with the demon world, rather he made it so that there were no barriers separating the worlds, which led to Earth being overrun by demons. When Sparda defeated Mundus and sealed him away, he erected a barrier between Earth and the Demon World.

Okay, on the one hand we have "no confirmation" that it is even a universe, but on the other hand we have what we see in the cutscene, Mundus "creating" a universe and Hideki "confirming" this on Twitter, ╠Âe╠Âv╠Âe╠Ân╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Âv╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Ât╠Âr╠Âo╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Âf╠Âa╠Âm╠Âe╠Â.╠Â

I suggest that we take a vote to decide this, once we have decided, we can continue with the discussion, otherwise we will return to that point.

Considering that this topic seems to be at a crossroads on whether this feat here is an outlier or not, let's do a vote and see what comes from there.

However, another question needs to be brought up: Where was Mundus/Dante's location in Mundus' created universe? The issue here is that

• There are numerous faraway locations in the background
  • There is nothing that is around Mundus/Dante at all, not even asteroids or planets
So we make what we can given the two information provided there.

Whatever it is we need in order to decide the fate of the page.

Now here's one thing I don't get, how come when Dante gets an FTL feat such as Lucea or Trish during DMC1 and 2(three if you count the lazer demons in 1 and four if you count beuwolf) are considered outliers, yet in say, FF7 there's one feat of Bahamut going FTL+ that's accepted.

Lina Shields said:
Considering that this topic seems to be at a crossroads on whether this feat here is an outlier or not, let's do a vote and see what comes from there.

However, another question needs to be brought up: Where was Mundus/Dante's location in Mundus' created universe? The issue here is that
Most likely at the edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back