• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

So about how well PoC is doing..it's revenue is squashed between Azur Lane's global and Japan around the 1 million mark.

It made more money than Project Grey Raven and Aether Gazer, both 3d hack n slash games, though PGR is years old now.

That's only the global release however, as PoC has plans for an official release to other regions so it will go up. However it's pretty bad for a first month anyways. You typically don't want 3d games going under 1 million.

Also, does anything think we can get summoning as an ability and/or item through this.

'Summoning via Vault Breakers - The Vault is connected to Lord Chaos, he created Vault Breakers as a manifestation of his power, which allows Hunters and to a lesser extent humans to 'shatter the Vault and summon forth Hunters and Weapons'. Only Hunters like Dante and the others can fully utilise this power.'

I summarised the above.

Also, does anything think we can get summoning as an ability and/or item through this.

'Summoning via Vault Breakers - The Vault is connected to Lord Chaos, he created Vault Breakers as a manifestation of his power, which allows Hunters and to a lesser extent humans to 'shatter the Vault and summon forth Hunters and Weapons'. Only Hunters like Dante and the others can fully utilise this power.'

I summarised the above.
That... Actually makes sense... Yeah i think Lord Chaos summons Hunters across the whole multiverse coz we could get Hunters from alternate timelines as well.

Yeetus deletus if it hasn't been deleted already
There's stuff that can stay, the lore of the book seemly hasn't changed, the sealing is still there as mentioned in story and absorbing of souls.
Though the amount of demons listed in the book is a lot less now.
Lore entries for the demons are in strategy guide/main story, and a few pointless paragraphs in the gallery under cards.

Lady's optional equipment needs to go, she doesn't seem to have any of that stuff in PoC anymore, if we are getting rid of 1.0 stuff.

There's stuff that can stay, the lore of the book seemly hasn't changed, the sealing is still there as mentioned in story and absorbing of souls.
Lore entries for the demons are in strategy guide/main story, and a few pointless paragraphs in the gallery under cards.

Lady's optional equipment needs to go, she doesn't seem to have any of that stuff in PoC anymore, if we are getting rid of 1.0 stuff.
We should include other weapon and lore descriptions that are confirmed in PoC 1.0 atleast. They have no controversies going on with them.

Also V is op in game
V is pretty OP in DMC5 too. In fact, you can pretty much tell who Itsuno likes and doesn't like by the balancing, with Dante seeming to be deliberately underpowered compared to everyone else. Nero's revolver and ability to quadruple jump is overpowered, Vergil's focused state is overpowered, and V's entire play style is overpowered.

V is pretty OP in DMC5 too. In fact, you can pretty much tell who Itsuno likes and doesn't like by the balancing, with Dante seeming to be deliberately underpowered compared to everyone else. Nero's revolver and ability to quadruple jump is overpowered, Vergil's focused state is overpowered, and V's entire play style is overpowered.
Dante is NOT underpowered in DMC 5, he's as OP as the rest of the cast(maybe even more honestly), its just takes more skill to use him

I thought we already got rid of 1.0?

Also I can't find the lore entries for demons and I've been looking for that.

We should include other weapon and lore descriptions that are confirmed in PoC 1.0 atleast. They have no controversies going on with them.
Nah fam, deleted means deleted.

We are getting everything out.

I mean yeah he doesn't like Dante as much as the other 2 but come on he is OP, just takes a ton of skill to pull off.

I suppose. He did receive fewer upgrades in DMC5 than Nero did though. And saying Itsuno doesn't like him as much is kind of an understatement. He's tried to get rid of him three times that we know of. I'd go as far as to say he dislikes Dante. Devs do that a lot, actually. When they were making Norse God of War most of the devs wanted to get rid of Kratos and the guy in charge had to put his foot down. Think how dead the franchise would be if those people had gotten their way.

I thought we already got rid of 1.0?

Also I can't find the lore entries for demons and I've been looking for that.

Nah fam, deleted means deleted.

We are getting everything out.

I mean yeah he doesn't like Dante as much as the other 2 but come on he is OP, just takes a ton of skill to pull off.
Book of demons and Lady's optional equipment is 1.0 stuff.

1.To find lore for demons, click menu, then strategy, then main story, and click over the chapter demons from the 14 total chapters.
2.Then go to menu, click gallery, click card set.
The lore stuff is not the same as 1.0's entries, generic description type stuff.

PoC gives us the Chaos timeline in Count Thunder's story.
Broken Gear from V's campaign is stated to be a time artifact.

-So far on the Broken Gear, it can send you to different time periods, timelines, also let's you see into them and is seemly sentient. (I guess this is because it's possibly a part of the demon Lord Maltida defeated and sealed, so it's soul or whatever)

-Beowulf wanted it lol

-Pluto mentions someone called Chaos to DMC 3 Vergil, could be Lord Chaos?

-PoC campaign ends after the Devil Mite boss fight, before that Dante sees Pluto, Medea and DMC 3 Vergil, could be what the Broken Gear was showing Count Thunder Vergil.

-The Broken Gear seems to be part of the 6 sacred artifacts if you compare the outline resemblance. The 6 artifacts were created by this Matriarch Maltida, she defeated and sealed this demon Lord's power into 6 of the artifacts, one of which being the Book of Demons.

Last edited:
Pretty sure arm kratos power advantage, cm one shot and range advantage gives him the win even though he way slower

Count Thunder

Count Thunder seems to just be a style akin to Vergil's Dark Slayer and Dante's other styles as noted on this description.

Broken Gear

It seems likely by its silhouette but if the Broken Gear is part of the 6 sacred artifacts Matilda sealed a demon Lord's power in.

Having it as an item like the Book of Demons which is one of the 6 artifacts, could be a thing, there's another chapter to Count Thunder's story so there's more to learn.

From what I can muck up for now....

Broken Gear - Allows its user to travel through time, different timelines or see into the future or past. Broken Gear does this (I presume) through the Memory Corridor, which it's user traverses.

Time Travel
1.Sends V back from DMC V (since that's when he was created around)
2. V comments about being in the same place but at a different time after being sent back.

Precognition
3.Vergil sees himself fight Pluto in the future, and when he stabs Dante with the Yamato at the end of the Count Thunder mission.
4. At the start of V's mission he sees himself obtaining the Broken Gear, then gets it at the end of the first mission.

Dimensional Travel
5.Vergil: Count Thunder goes Into the Memory Corridor to access the Chaos timeline.

Retrocognition
6. V uses the Broken Gear and sees a DMC 3 era Vergil fighting Pluto. (I presume is the past to V)

Would this class for abilities as Time Travel, Dimensional Travel, Precognition and Retrocognition?

Memory Corridor

Time Travel
1. Memory Corridor letting the hunters fight enemies from the past.

(?) Need to watch the chapter as to why he uses it and what he does.
2. Dante going through the Memory Corridor in chapter 14

Hellfilth note
One of the nightmares demon thingies Hellfilth creates is Nightmare Calibur, the non nightmare Calibur is introduced in the Chaos timeline as the Shadow of Calamity. Guess a nod to her statement about her wondering beyond time and space is since she is able to create things from other timelines.

Last edited:
So G1 are planning on tackling Vergil at some point, I'm not sure on the opponent. They said they're still doing his profile, I presume it's taking long because of PoC adding bits here and there and that we have nothing on it in this site for them to quickly look and evaluate for themselves lol

Is anyone here planning on making a CRT for it, if someone is, that's great.

If not, since the game has quite a bit of content and is getting continuous updates adding more lore every other week, is there a way there can be a big webpage or sandbox where we can just all add scans and lore together?

Pretty sure arm kratos power advantage, cm one shot and range advantage gives him the win even though he way slower
but the cm and one shot advantage would all be useless if they're just going to be dodged
dante would perceive kratos as completely frozen and would have an infinite amount of time to figure out how to put him down

but the cm and one shot advantage would all be useless if they're just going to be dodged
dante would perceive kratos as completely frozen and would have an infinite amount of time to figure out how to put him down
He dodging low complex range attacks stuff based on "Embodies Hope itself, an abstraction greater than even the Primordials, who in turn permeate the entire reality of the Greek World"?

Count Thunder

Count Thunder seems to just be a style akin to Vergil's Dark Slayer and Dante's other styles as noted on this description.

Broken Gear

If the Broken Gear is part of the 6 sacred artifacts Matilda sealed a demon Lord's power in.

Having it as an item like the Book of Demons which is one of the 6 artifacts, could be a thing, there's another chapter to Count Thunder's story so there's more to learn.

From what I can muck up for now....

Broken Gear - Allows its user to travel through time, different timelines or see into the future or past. Broken Gear does this (I presume) through the Memory Corridor, which it's user traverses.

Time Travel
1.Sends V back from DMC V (since that's when he was created around)
2. V comments about being in the same place but at a different time after being sent back.

Precognition
3.Vergil sees himself fight Pluto in the future, and when he stabs Dante with the Yamato at the end of the Count Thunder mission.
4. At the start of V's mission he sees himself obtaining the Broken Gear, then gets it at the end of the first mission.

Dimensional Travel
5.Vergil: Count Thunder goes Into the Memory Corridor to access the Chaos timeline.

Retrocognition
6. V uses the Broken Gear and sees a DMC 3 era Vergil fighting Pluto. (I presume is the past to V)

Would this class for abilities as Time Travel, Dimensional Travel, Precognition and Retrocognition?

Memory Corridor

Time Travel
1. Memory Corridor letting the hunters fight enemies from the past.

(?) Need to watch the chapter as to why he uses it and what he does.
2. Dante going through the Memory Corridor in chapter 14

Hellfilth note
One of the nightmares demon thingies Hellfilth creates is Nightmare Calibur, the non nightmare Calibur is introduced in the Chaos timeline as the Shadow of Calamity. Guess a nod to her statement about her wondering beyond time and space is since she is able to create things from other timelines.
Perfectly summarized. I was thinking the same when i got through these side stories from both V and Vergil.

So G1 are planning on tackling Vergil at some point, I'm not sure on the opponent. They said they're still doing his profile, I presume it's taking long because of PoC adding bits here and there and that we have nothing on it in this site for them to quickly look and evaluate for themselves lol

Is anyone here planning on making a CRT for it, if someone is, that's great.

If not, since the game has quite a bit of content and is getting continuous updates adding more lore every other week, is there a way there can be a big webpage or sandbox where we can just all add scans and lore together?
I will make them but i'm trying to wait for other special CRTs to come out first which you will know soon enough.

He dodging low complex range attacks stuff based on "Embodies Hope itself, an abstraction greater than even the Primordials, who in turn permeate the entire reality of the Greek World"?
yes bro
the attacks are going to come in slow motion, it don't matter if its a low 1-c range attack if its gonna be perceived as completely frozen

yes bro
the attacks are going to come in slow motion, it don't matter if its a low 1-c range attack if its gonna be perceived as completely frozen
And dante does exactly what against them atm? They will eventually hit Dante but it will take forevor in his perception.

And dante does exactly what against them atm? They will eventually hit Dante but it will take forevor in his perception.
thats the point
it will take forever in his perception thats why the attacks will never be able to hit him because he will just dodge everything

A
Eventually there will be nowhere to run If the attack still travels
no
by the time kratos even thinks of using an attack on him, dante would already be trying everything he has that can make him win
thats the power of immeasurable speed

Last edited:
no
by the time kratos even thinks of using an attack on him, dante would already be trying everything he has that can make him win
thats the power of immeasurable speed
Only one hax being able to work rn (and considerating how we treat 4d vs 5d hax kratos Should possibly resist i think, that and idk if Dante can even prevent hope from attack)

Which now kratos has 5he range to deal With if he is yeeted
Atm the bfr just sends You to another tier 2 space time 🗿
bro think about it
an infinite number of demons exist inside the dw
there will be no space for kratos to create a portal and escape
and even if he does escape, dante will keep BFR'ing him to the DW over and over again

Back