• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

Urizen was hurt by Nero without PU in M8 just WTF. In the lore he is the most powerful ennemy of the series , but in the game is so weak.
Pluto looks stronger than Urizen.

Kamiya version is different from itsuno. Like Eva is a witch , and itsuno lore is just à human.
Bangle of Time to a momento of Eva instead of a piece of equipment acquired by Dante in DMC1.https://imgur.com/a/MJYaK

I will make a thread to talk about the big problems of the series
Okay first make the thread then we will talk

Urizen was hurt by Nero without PU in M8 just WTF. In the lore he is the most powerful ennemy of the series , but in the game is so weak.
Pluto looks stronger than Urizen.

Kamiya version is different from itsuno. Like Eva is a witch , and itsuno lore is just à human.
Bangle of Time to a momento of Eva instead of a piece of equipment acquired by Dante in DMC1.https://imgur.com/a/MJYaK

I will make a thread to talk about the big problems of the series
These arguments are tenfold worse than anything else downplayers have made to try and get rid of God of War's statistics I swear. If you're gonna make a CRT based on these dumbass arguments to try and split the cosmology, I'd suggest you drop it immediately.

Please explain to me why a complex multiversal character almost died from a bullet? :)

You don't want to go down this path buddy.

By that logic you can argue how Comic Thor shouldn't be Tier 3 to Tier 2 because sewage wires kill him, or he fears dying from a high fall, fears lava, gets whacked by arrows from the back, yada yada yada.

Or how Superman gets consistently harmed by nukes in both comics and movies, or by impacting the Shadow Moon with his own RMP.

Or how Green Lantern is threatened by nukes too.

Or how Wonder Woman is threatened by pointy objects or being tied up with literally anything you can find.

Or how Darkseid gets beaten up by goons or how Thanos gets busted by the NYPD.

Or how Martian Manhunter, who is even stronger than Superman, is literally threatened by fire

Or how Kratos "struggles" to open chests or has countless statements in novels being "threatened" by falls and pointy objects or bullshit which are all for increasing suspense and tension within the story.

Tier 8 characters consistently getting threatened by bullets yet having blatant feats of going toe-to-toe with Building busters, like Spider-Man.

I ******* guarantee you it won't end any differently than this thread did.

i can't access imgur. It just give me blank grey page
普洛托

作为一个比他的猎人更有力量的恶魔领主,他的速度比他们的更快,使他能够旅行并绕过时间流的维度轴,给肉眼带来传送的错觉。
任何决定与他对抗的无知者都会立即创造一个不可动摇的命运,其中受害者的灵魂将被他的长矛摧毁。

Pluto

As a demon lord with more power than his hunters, his speed is faster than theirs, allowing him to travel and bypass the dimensional axis of the time stream, giving the illusion of teleportation to the naked eye.

Any ignorant person who decides to confront him will immediately create an unshakable destiny in which the souls of his victims will be destroyed by his spear.

Here you go

Where was it explained?
The Manga and PoC, names are the most sacred thing as they are the concepts of demons, basic principles that predate even the Demon world and are just a part of the soul like the mind, memories and information. It is said that demons mold themselves after their name (information) and names are the closest thing to their real self/substance (with souls actually being the real self).

None of that jungian stuff is ever mentioned in verse, they just use Mundus and his name representing world in Latin and somehow think its Unus Mundus from the jungian thing (which is ******** obviously)

i thought it had something to do with warping the whole human world
No, he was merging the worlds via a Nexus point, but he doesn’t actually scale to 1-C imo because all he was doing was sustaining the Nexus Point to allow it to perform said feat, not actually doing it himself using Demonic Energy. In fact, it’s made clear in the novel these Nexus points are created via an overpour of misery/despair, which Gilver himself harnesses to amplify his powers and gain “an aura of Decay.” So he doesn’t really scale. Unless you take his statement of “I can use the full power of the Demon World now,” super literally, in which case Dante pre-DMC3 would be Demon King level. And that makes no sense whatsoever.

We also have the anime releasing sometime this or next year. Whether or not that’ll be good, or canon, is up for debate though.

That said, DMC as a series often has some content on the side to chew on s time passes. (It’s the only reason we have 2 mangas, four novels, and an anime, after all.)

So I’m not all too worried about a minor lapse in content. I mean, Visions of V just ended last year. It started 2019. That was the same year DMC5 released.

So whilst we don’t have 8 different games, several animated movies, a live action set of movies, an animated 4-part series, and successful comics, (COUGH Resident Evil COUGH) Capcom still at least feeds us pretty nicely.

We also have the anime releasing sometime this or next year. Whether or not that’ll be good, or canon, is up for debate though.

That said, DMC as a series often has some content on the side to chew on s time passes. (It’s the only reason we have 2 mangas, four novels, and an anime, after all.)

So I’m not all too worried about a minor lapse in content. I mean, Visions of V just ended last year. It started 2019. That was the same year DMC5 released.

So whilst we don’t have 8 different games, several animated movies, a live action set of movies, an animated 4-part series, and successful comics, (COUGH Resident Evil COUGH) Capcom still at least feeds us pretty nicely.
Devil May Cry The Live Hacker

Back