• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 8

Those wings are what allowed him to fly, they are also his buster arms and he can use them in base unless this is just considered a really big jump then I guess that's fine.

Sparda 20000000 said:
So does Vergil have low godly Regenerationn? nelo was Vergil's soul in the suit of armour
Can you post a scan that confirms Nelo being only an armor with Vergil's soul inside?

I agree with Nero Flight, he literally become a superman and saved the day lol, its not just triple jump but also floating similar to Dante regular DT gameplay-wise (we know at this point Dante normal DT can also fly)

Afterimage creation for Vergil

Absorption for Dante and Vergil (both absorbed their own weapon during Sin DT), and Dante can stores / summons his new blade anytime, however, their summoned swords doesnt count as summoning because they just shapeshift their demonic chakra into sword similar to Nero's Devil Bringer

Now that i think of it Vergil's afterimages are created by his speed, it's not an hax, is there a way to calc that?

It's not afterimage for Vergil, it's duplication because the clone acts on his own and does it's own thing not just mirroring him and has it's own HP bar.

Vergil has both clones and fast enough to create after images, athough it's not really impressive to create after images considering even fodder like Fury can do it along with Nero and I think Dante as well.

Ogbunabali said:
It's not afterimage for Vergil, it's duplication because the clone acts on his own and does it's own thing not just mirroring him and has it's own HP bar.
Not talking about the clone he summons in his last phase, talking about the afterimage he creates when he dodges your attacks

Sparda 20000000 said:
There is another quote saying nelo is just Vergil's soul so I will look for it
Yeah do because the scan you posted simply says that Vergil's soul is within Nelo, nothing about the body not also being his

so, to summerize, the feats that have to be calc'd are:

Urizen shaking the foundations of the world The crater caused by the eruption of the Qliphoth The fact that the Qliphoth either moved or destroyed the clouds around its area Nero's speed when he stops Dante and Vergil Vergil's speed in order to create after images Dante blocking 3 lightning bolts Artemis' lasers

Am i missing somethin?

Nero's speed when he stops Dante and Vergil, and Vergil's speed to create after images are redundant they have better speed feats already.

There is no way to get sub rel speed from just an after image,even i can do an after image by waving my arm in front of me fast enough and nero speed to go to dante and vergil was said to be unable to determine how fast is that,best thing is artemis attacks which were said to be light

There has to be other speed feats in the older games that werent looked at which could give an upgrade for this,like there is one in dmc1 were dante dodges a beam from a demon he defeated,it seems to be light from the looks,it illuminates in dark too

Fairly certain the game itself mentions that the Tree's phenomenon was only happening around Red Grave City, so probably not that much higher than the city level we confirmed it as.

The sheer size of the Qliphoth and it's kinetic energy would indicate that it's way above that but the problem is it's hard to calculate

How do you calculate the size? The game doesn't exactly show you it's size except for being "large". It doesn't look that much bigger in scale than the Ten-men-ni-gru (which also poked above the clouds).

I don't know how to calculate it's size but based on it's showings it is pretty massive and much bigger than the Tenmen nigru by the end of the game it completely abve all clouds and in the atmosphere and the larger portion of it is underground and in the Demon World.

RebubleUselet said:
Alright lads, how about we, like, drop the "SDT Dante/Vergil vs Nero" debate and just compromise with Nero being their equal? Sounds good if you ask me.
Also, Urizen's shaking feat sounds like at least Low 6-B, as it implies that tectonic plates (or smth like that) would also be affected.

But again, I think it'd be better to wait until DarkGrath's CRT.
Agreed. At this point, Nero should be somewhere at Vergil and Dante's level now. I mean he was the first to land a blow on Urizen and make him get up out of his chair to actually fight.

Again, I'm still pretty confident that DT Nero is at least slightly weaker than SDT Dante/Vergil, but I'm willing to say that they should be the same tier.

Well, I can't understand why people can't just accept that Nero is finally stronger than both Dante and Vergil at the end of the story, Nero is my least favorite among the them, but it's clear even with the silly "not in the tip-top condition" argument, Nero's technique is maybe sloppy compared to his father or Dante, but his raw power and speed are definitely higher than those two, in addition, Vergil accepted his defeat and finally agreed to ended his sibling rivalry.

Power rank

• 1. DT Nero,
  • 2. Dante & Vergil (post-Sin DT)
  • 3. Urizen + fruit boost
  • 4. Standing Urizen
  • 5.Nero with Toy arms (no DT)
  • 6.Sitting Urizen
  • 7.Dante (pre-Sin DT)
  • 8.Deadweight Nero (no toy arms and no DT)
  • 9.V (maybe)
Btw, afterimage feat is not suitable to be calculated IMHO, due to so many characters in fictional universe varied in speed can utilize Afterimage technique

Skylietz said:
Well, I can't understand why people can't just accept that Nero is finally stronger than both Dante and Vergil at the end of the story, Nero is my least favorite among the them, but it's clear even with the silly "not in the tip-top condition" argument, Nero's technique is maybe sloppy compared to his father or Dante, but his raw power and speed are definitely higher than those two, in addition, Vergil accepted his defeat and finally agreed to ended his sibling rivalry.

Power rank
I don't see what exactly your point here is. You make two major claims here. 1: The "not in the best condition" argument is invalid 2: Nero's strength and speed is definitely higher

Yet you haven't provided your reasoning for either of those. I'm willing to believe that Nero is genuinely stronger than SDT Dante/Vergil. But to make that claim, you need to provide evidence. All you've done in that post is make both of those claims without giving any evidence to them. You don't state why the rebuttal is invalid, and you don't state why his strength and speed is definitely higher.

This ^^^

It's easy call some arguments as headcanon or silly

The best argument that I saw about is Dante and Vergil being able to go Sin DT, but again, it was never stated that Devil Trigger and Sin Devil Trigger are Stamina-related powers, even the DT Gauge it's just game mechanic, it's undeniable that Dante and Vergil were tired after that fight and DMC3 showed us what happens with their strength...just this lol

But we already have a conclusion, they are comparable and scale to each other, which is perfect for what we have for now, let's just move on

Guys, I saw in somewhere that the second novel was quoted as a easter egg in DMC5, adding the other evidences that we have, it's safe to say that is canon

And the Beastheads can shook the world, and Dante X Mundus also did this, both are Tier 6 feats, how can you guys forget that ? ~~

its likely planet right? But if dante and mundus shook the demon world all of it and based on manga description of how the demon world was. Also sorry for the vid link i posted but you could say i was pretty livid with the argument and got tired of it wasting space here.

That's okay, I agree with you

So...it's hard to say tho, at least about Dante X Mundus shooking the Demon World

But the Beastheads were shooking our world, it's a safe Low 6-B feat for Mundus level characters

Not sure if shaking the underworld in 5 = shaking the planet?, but the Beastheads shaking the planet is safe Low 6-B, but i heard in another thread that it was the universe but it was due that world can also be referred as universe.

They say this because the novel only says "shaking the world", it's a bit vague and then they say that World = Universe

I mean, could be, but we don't have evidence, so the Low ball in this case is Planet Shaking

With Mundus being Low 6-B, I think we could get something like this:

Anime Dante and Sid = 7-A, possibly Low 6-B

Mundus, Sparda, Argosax and etc = Low 6-B

DMC2, 4, and Pre Sin Dante = At least Low 6-B

Urizen = At least Low 6-B, possibly Higher

Fruit Urizen, Sin Dante, Vergil and DT Nero = At least Low 6-B, likely Higher

Dark649 said:
Not sure if shaking the underworld in 5 = shaking the planet?, but the Beastheads shaking the planet is safe Low 6-B, but i heard in another thread that it was the universe but it was due that world can also be referred as universe.
Wait, could I get more clarification on that "shaking the underworld" thing? Because this has the potential for many, many different tierings based on what assumptions we make.

Just the planet = Low 6-B The entire underworld, assuming that the DMC3 Manga was using hyperbole when referring to its scale = 4-A The entire underworld, assuming that calling the underworld infinite is correct = High 3-A

As I've mentioned plenty of times before, I'm making an upgrade CRT for DMC that, if successful (which I honestly doubt, but regardless) would put characters in DMC around the 4-C to 4-A range. If the second condition there is correct, that adds further proof, but to be sure it's reliable I really want to know the context of the quote.

Oh, I forgot something

We need to reconsider some points about Sparda, guys

In the files, in DMC5, it is stated that he separated his powers in 3, one for Sparda Sword, and the other two likely for Rebellion and Yamato

Also, going by this, it's safe to say that the Devil Sword Sparda doesn't have a huge portion of his power, just part of it since Yamato and Rebellion are almost comparable to Sparda

It was never stated that Sparda had problems against Mundus, he even defeated his army alone, and after that defeated Argosax, Mundus' equal, even having most of his powers sealed

That's why we need to think Sparda as Prime Sparda and Sealed Sparda, and going by what we have, Dante doesn't surpassed Prime Sparda for absolute sure, even the game states this

I also suggest two keys for him

Back