• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 8

Just Air Manipulation is fine.

Would Urizen changing the weather in the illusion and breaking the illusion be weather manipulation or illusion manipulation?He should have resistence to illusions for breaking the illusion throughout the fight right?

Yeah not sure about that, since he said that the illusion is from the fruit, the breaking down of the illusion might have been because he ate it.

@Dark649

Didn't even know that was a thing, neat. That seems to work better.

@Ogbunabali

The illusion breaks each time Urizen got stronger, when he first plucked the Fruit the illusion should have broken if the Fruit was maintaining it but it only began breaking once Urizen ate the Fruit and as the fight goes on Urizen starts getting stronger as evidence by the dialogue,him having 3 different phases of attacks depending on his health and the illusion breaking more and more each time he changes phases.The breaking stops and the illusion's weather goes slightly back to normal after Urizen is finally defeated which is shown in the cutscene.But besides all that according to Bingo the English and Japanese sub are different from the Japanese dub so the scenes with the illusion might have an entirely different meaning to those who can understand Japanese audibly.

He's been portrayed all the time as physically inferior, and the fights he has been in heavily imply that he was barely in them and it was mostly his familiars. But what would be scale to then?

And what does everyone else think about the illusions?

V is definitely above the average human in terms of speed and arguably everything else, just look at the cutscene when he called Nico before the Nidhogg fight and his speed would have to be MHS+ to even register whats happening and give out commands.

I mean that was impressive but, I don't know, it seems kind of a stretch. But if everyone thinks he should be higher I'll change it.

Cavaliere's Lighting also scale to Trish so MHS+

However, V can only dodge with Shadow, I believe, but he can react, so maybe MHS+ reactions ?

You guys must remember that a ULTIMATE fodder like Lady, a human, is High Hypersonic+, V being above her shouldn't be any surprise

And the cutscene when he calls Nico is the proof we need to say that he's superhuman

@Dante Demon Killah

God dang, I keep remembering more Dante's abilities.

Explosion manipulation and Homing Attack with Kalina Ann 1 for DMC3 Dante

Explosion manipulation and Homing Attack with Pandora for DMC4

Explosion manipulation, Homing Attack, Light Manipulation with Kalina Ann 1/2 and Double Kalina Ann

and I'm pretty sure a bunch of other shit, I'll leave adding abilities for Dante alone for now until a CRT pops up.

I'm fine with them, but are you sure about Light Manipulation ?

Anyway, we need Dark to take a look at this

Also, if Devil Sword Dante have all the powers from Sparda Sword, then it should give him Immortality, Darkness Manipulation, Resistance to Time Stop and some other abilities

Light Manipulation comes from opening Pandora in it's suitcase form which is a flash of light that does alot of damage.

DSD should have all the powers that Rebellion and Sparda has, hell I would even argue that Dante should have those abilities since DSD seems to be deeply connected to him which is supported by Dante being able to use it's abilities with any weapon while in DT.

Dienomite22 said:
Light Manipulation comes from opening Pandora in it's suitcase form which is a flash of light that does alot of damage.
DSD should have all the powers that Rebellion and Sparda has, hell I would even argue that Dante should have those abilities since DSD seems to be deeply connected to him which is supported by Dante being able to use it's abilities with any weapon while in DT.
Oh, so it seems fine

I'll update the blogs soon, but...

I was trying to update Dante's weapons, but I can't upload images apparently, it says "permission error" lol

Done guys, I updated the blog

Added:

- Dante's new arsenal

- Homing Attack and Explosion Manipulation to Kallina Ann

- Homing Attack, Flight, Light Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation, to Pandora

- Homing Attack and Explosion Manipulation to Kallina Ann II

- Immortality 1 and 3 and Resistance to Time Stop for DMC5 Dante

Since now we can say for sure that he resists Time Stop (for absorbing the Sparda) I removed the resistance from the other Keys, since they were based on Dante being stronger than Sparda, but I don't see this as a power-related resistance, and more like something from Mundus' generals that now Dante scales

@Dante Demon Killah

Dante's standard standard equipment should be DSD, Ebony and Ivory, Balrog (it stayed with with him longer than other Devil Arms), and Coyote.

DMC5 Vergil's standard equipment should just be Yamato of course

And DMC5 Nero's standard equipment should be just RQ,BR, and the Devil Breakers

Yeah, I agree

Also, maybe we should consider a arsenal page for Nero just like Dante's

Off topic: you know, going by Balrog's fight, he's stronger than any Demon Boss, being weaker than Demon Gods

In canon, a Devil Arm from him would be far more powerful than any other DA that Dante adquired from other demons, maybe that's why Balrog is a standard option for Dante in 5

Dante Demon Killah said:
Done guys, I updated the blog

Added:

- Dante's new arsenal

- Homing Attack and Explosion Manipulation to Kallina Ann

- Homing Attack, Flight, Light Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation, to Pandora

- Homing Attack and Explosion Manipulation to Kallina Ann II

- Immortality 1 and 3 and Resistance to Time Stop for DMC5 Dante

Since now we can say for sure that he resists Time Stop (for absorbing the Sparda) I removed the resistance from the other Keys, since they were based on Dante being stronger than Sparda, but I don't see this as a power-related resistance, and more like something from Mundus' generals that now Dante scales
Why Immortality 1 and 3 for Dante again?

I agree with Explosion Manip., Flight, Light, Homing Attack because the projectiles tends to track the foe, unsure about Danmaku and the Immortality for Base Dante.

Dienomite22 said:
@Dante Demon Killah
Dante's standard standard equipment should be DSD, Ebony and Ivory, Balrog (it stayed with with him longer than other Devil Arms), and Coyote.

DMC5 Vergil's standard equipment should just be Yamato of course

And DMC5 Nero's standard equipment should be just RQ,BR, and the Devil Breakers
Just wait for DLC or SE, Vergil might get his Beowulf back or get new weapons aside Yamato. Otherwise yeah, just put Yamato for now.

Sparda 20000000 said:
Argosax not being able to regenerate from Dante attacks and mundus not being able to fully regenerate the damage Dante did
Didn't Mundus regenerate from it though?

Actually where is Mundus's High Mid from

From being constantly molten by magma in second stage of his fight with Dante in DMC1.

However, considering Mundus' stone shell and that magma is only 9-B, it probably shouldn't be there.

Back