• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Vergil has at least some respect for his human side, even if it is because he's stronger this way

So far, here's what I'm seeing for Dante, Vergil, and Nero in regards to new abilities:

Vergil: Time Manipulation, Duplication, Energy manipulation (his blades on his arms in SDT), Flight, possible BFR w/ portals, Enhanced Teleportation (His Yamato portals are long distance while his Dark Slayer tp is short distance), Life or Matter manipulation (Moving the tree, and growing a small branch to use as a chair). I'm not sure what else.

Dante: Gravity Manipulation and Time manipulation in SDT mode. He's also capable of creating duplicate swords with his Devil Sword Dante. Not sure if he has anything else.

Nero: He displayed a form of Low-Mid Regenerationn by regrowing his arm. He also can make his arm intangible (spiritual/spectral), can grow spectral wings in base and DT, has a variety of abilities with each Devil Breaker which would take too long to list, has a form of gliding/levitation with his wings (nothing, even gameplay, shows him able to full on fly with these wings), he can make a second spectral weapon when he uses "Showdown" in DT, and I don't know anything else he could have acquired.

@Schnee that's a gameplay mechanic and wouldn't affect canon. And either way, regening from a stab piercing your torso completely only requires a lower end High-Low regen, which is already lower than what any of the three hybrid demons have shown before.

@Schnee - He has the ability in his powers. Whether he lands or misses them is all up to the player. Same with using the Buster arm. Why is this so difficult to comprehend? It's not canon that Vergil stabbed Nero in their fight when that only occurs IF the player wants to grab him with the buster arm.

Vergil should get resistant to time slow by virtue of base ragtime not working on him and well all of the bosses and Nero's ultimate with ragtime can work on people who were resistant to time slow.

I also agree that they should have their own profiles, Pre DT Nero is not 7-B because he lost the DB.

Dienomite22 said:
Nero fought and beat a Blitz without an arm in the novel, he would at the minimum scale to that.
Their feat from the cutscene in DMC4 when Dante meets them the first time seems to be in 7-C magnitude as well, so it's all good, I think.

Btw, what do you all think about adding "higher with Devil Breakers" for Nero? They are stated to be fragile due to holding a large amount of power.

Well the purpose of the Devil Breakers is to replace his devil arm not make him more powerful. So I don't think they are more powerful than him.

About characters and keys:

1-Urizen and V should have separated profiles

2-Dante has 2 major states in the game:

-BoG Dante: Which we know little about except he's most likely stronger than his DMC4 self.

-Awakened Dante: After getting root amp and absorbing Sprada to unlock SDT

3-Nero has 3 major states:

-No arm Nero: This one should be weaker than his DMC4 self I think

-Devil Breaker Nero: By low ball, he's stronger than his DMC4 self at least, by high ball, somehow seems to scale above DT Dante wilding Sprada "or we could count this simply as PIS"

-Post-DT Nero: Scale above awakened Dante and merged Vergil.

4-All Vergil need is one more key for his merged status and thats all I think.

@RebubleUselet

Blitz profile puts him at 7-B based off this but I'm not good with calcs nor familiar with why the rating was granted so you could be right.

I don't know if Nero should get higher with devil breakers, not all of them depend on power and most are for utility.

Since we know basically nothing about BoG Dante and no arm Nero, is a key for that really necessary? I mean the only feats for them are that they got stomped by Urizen.

@Ogbunabali I agree tbh. We can skip BoG Dante and give him just his Awakened Key, although Nero should get 2 keys imo.

Blitz's feat is actually lower than 7-B, since the clouds don't occupy the entire sky and they are pretty thin.

That being said, their stats are unfounded and the profiles should probably be removed, as there's seemingly no realistic way of calculating it.

Also, I do think that Nero without Devil Bringer is weaker, since V says in the prologue that Urizen got a lot of power from it.

Dienomite22 said:
No arm Nero shouldn't be weaker than his 4 self just because he lost the devil bringer.
We have no way of comparing them. All BoG Nero did was getting stomped by Urizen so the key as a whole is pointless tbh.

As of V's profile, I think his tier should be:

Unknow, likely 9-A physically. 7-C with Griffon and Shadow, higher with Nightmare.

9-A comes from Lady, who is completely human, so V with his tiny bits of demonic power should be comparable.

There is no consensus on DT Nero scaling above SDT Dante and Vergil so that shouldn't be mentioned in his profile. The best solution to this is to say he's comparable to them as Silvervigilant said earlier.

For Nero regarding DMC5, yes 2 keys are important:

"At least 7-B" scaling above his DMC4 self as he should be at least as strong as he was x years ago.

And whatever tier he would be when scaling to Dante and Vergil after acquiring his DT and spectral Devil Bringer.

Actually, nevermind. My calc is a huge load of embarassment, and I should be ashamed.

What I mean is that it's wrong completely, and the feat is actually barely baseline 8-C. Should have figured that melting a ******* car cannot be 7-C lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back