• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 13

FIRST

Be ready Devil Hunters, Matt said we are getting new things

One of them apparently is DMC3 with style switching

Oh yeah about what Dieno said, guess it sounds right with Nero's arm not be cut by even the sharpest swords. Though I would ask on what really are the "sharpest swords"...

It was a narrator statement so I don't doubt it's trustworthiness. Plus the only sword to cut the devil bringer is also the one that is known for negating durability in DMC and has a file description that states it slices through anything it touches.

The weapons the Order of the Sword has, maybe?

Credo who should be superior to Agnus, who stomped base Nero pre DT, didn't even scratch the Devil Bringer.

A casual Dante didn't damaged the arm either and Sanctus easily penetred him ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) using Yamato

@Dieno: I wasn't really asking about the legitimacy of the statement, rather what constitutes a "sharpest sword" is.

@Tony: Kek, PENETRATION. I guess those work if they have to have able to fight off demons at least. I would suspect that Dante would still do damage when he's being not so casual could also damage the arm but yeah, a sword like Yamato seems to do the trick given its inherint nature.

I'm pretty sure a non casual Dante would have done something similar to what Vergil did but instead of making Yamato he would have destroyed the whole thing

That would most definitely happen were he not so non-casual.

Imagine the whole arm had been shattered at any point in DMC4 cuz of Dante lol. I would imagine if things went differently but still go the same to the end and onto 5 that Nico wouldn't have the Buster Breaker arm idea or something lol.

He smelled something familiar about Nero since the beginning, that's why he didn't killed him at first sight :v

Also, ye everything would have been way too different

Wish he did...

Right. Still, he should have wrekt him more but thankfully he didn't so we wouldn't get his char development or some such.

Checking Dante's Notable Attack/Techniques, any of y'all think that Vergil and maybe Nero could have something like that?

Vergil's seem lacking ish with that and it'd be cool if one was done for him (I could even do one myself if no one minds). Nero's is a strong MAYBE cuz I only see that done for his Devil Trigger states (4 and 5), Devil Bringer, and maybe his Devil Breakers in there since it has different effects for each max power he lets out of it (Rag Time giving him the Quicksilver Effect being the most notable but you also get stuff like Gerbera's ground and air variations).

Thoughts?

https://********.org/chapter/786079/1

New Vision of V chapter is out. We're now at where they go to the tree like the game but this time we really see why V yeet TFO and had to get Nero for extra help.

https://manganelo.com/chapter/xa919112/chapter_17

Chapter 17 is out. 16 had V come out from a helicopter to meet Nero and tell him about the situation. Here Nero gets ready and waits for the ride V came out from and while they're waiting, Griffon tells V about trying to be friends with him and how Nero looks similar to Dante and Vergil. Even musing that Nero using the Yamato means he came either of the twins.

But V didn't really care who Nero was and notes the same thing he later tells Nero in the game. And now the chapter ends with the Dante starting his first fight with Urizen, so next chapter will be good on what it shows from there.

@Dinomite: Yeah it was listed as 16.2 on ********. But I didn't go to there for posting to here.

@Tony: Pretty much what ZERO said, really. We're just gonna be reading the fight, and asskicking, Dante gets but in manga form.

That said, I really like how this manga really shows us what V's been thinking and what he had been doing on his end that the game doesn't show us. Like what happened after Vergil split his entire being to him and Urizen, how he got his familiars, how his and Nero's first meeting went, and also his thoughts in relation to the present cast like Dante and Nero.

It's just only equal to DSD as far as I've seen of it. At least in terms of strength considering it can clash with it despite DSD being a fusion of Rebellion and Devil Sword Sparda.

just a small thing I noticed on the Vergil profie, it says his own Sin Devil Trigger however the DMC wiki simply sees the DMC5 devil trigger as a stronger normal devil trigger. (based upon Nico's comments stating that this is simply something he gained through his time as Urizen

Vergil is shown to have 2 devil forms in the game concepts arts.

The game just doesn't show his normal DT.

Eh, I don't really like him, also a DMC game needs Itsuno on the team since he's the head behind everything in the series after DMC1

Kamiya and Itsuno working together and Itsuno as the head, on a Devil May Cry game ? I don't think so

It would be hard to transition to a game made by Kamiya for what it looks like, especially since Itsuno replaced him as the lead director or whatever on DMC.

Same if he did a "Dante vs Bayonetta" since that's also with another game series he hasn't been with, I imagine? Didn't he only do the first game of both of those series?

Back