• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 13

It's still the prologue so it really isn't much new.

I think what's only new in this manga is mainly things that happen in V's is perspective that we didn't get to see in the game, which...is ofc the point of the manga.

If DSD is Broken Dante loses his powers and its DSD or he dies ? beacause the sword is linked to his soul. it can be a disadvantage for him.

Rebellion was supposed to be a Physical manifestation of his power and as well as DSD although in the second novel we are told that Dante's primary source of power is the demon world, so it is likely that Rebellion / DSD is simply a way for Dante can get more power than he naturally gets from the demon world

Oliver de jesus said:
Rebellion was supposed to be a Physical manifestation of his power and as well as DSD although in the second novel we are told that Dante's primary source of power is the demon world, so it is likely that Rebellion / DSD is simply a way for Dante can get more power than he naturally gets from the demon world
Pretty sure Dante mentioned in DMC5 that Rebellion was given to him by his father just like how Vergil received Yamato.

DSD is Dante's Physical Manifestation of power all things and lore considered.

that is said in dmc3 is just the contradiction of the time frame I mean would you remember something you said in 2006? for example.

I've seen that argument a few times, but to be frank, it's a bit disingenuous.

They've only changed the timeline one single time. And not only did they change the timeline only once, but they specifically released material to explain the way the new timeline works and the order of events in a clear and concise way.

They aren't confused on the timeline. We were.

>They aren't confused on the timeline. We were.

Yeah. Thanks to them.

The DMC novel timeline was also rectoned by DMC3 released before Capcom recton the timeline again and put DMC2 before DMC4 and attempting to cover some plotholes when they released the "before nightmare" novel.

The problem is them treating DMC2 like non-existing hence why threw it at the end of the timeline in the first place. I hope they remake DMC2 one day tbh.

I mean, Zero has a point, the timeline was and still is confusing if you overlook some things with the biggest example being DMC Vol. 1.

Back