• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deus Ex Speed Upgrade and AP Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Made a couple calcs and recalcs for Deus Ex stuff. This upgrades the verse to Hypersonic+, however it also includes a recalc of the flawed 9-A feat, which brings it, and the verse, down to 9-B+.

This is secondary but JC's sword cuts on a nanometer scale, which is already listed on his profile. I'm not sure but I think that would be duraneg given that it's smaller than most molecules.

Do you have any thoughts on the duraneg?

Do you have any thoughts on the duraneg?
@DontTalkDT Do we consider cutting through atoms or smaller as duraneg anymore? Since we removed the piercing damage example from the Dura Neg page and replaced it with poison and all that as per this CRT, and cutting through atoms could still be technically considered as overcoming the resistance of physical materials and stuff.

This is secondary but JC's sword cuts on a nanometer scale, which is already listed on his profile. I'm not sure but I think that would be duraneg given that it's smaller than most molecules.
That would indeed be dura neg via matter manip or whatever.

Revision is fine.

@DontTalkDT Do we consider cutting through atoms or smaller as duraneg anymore? Since we removed the piercing damage example from the Dura Neg page and replaced it with poison and all that as per this CRT, and cutting through atoms could still be technically considered as overcoming the resistance of physical materials and stuff.

Page lists matter manipulation, specifically destroying the bonds between particles, as dura negation, so yeah.

Usually we do. As contradictory as it might be, we usually don't assume people to be made out of super atoms.

Usually we do. As contradictory as it might be, we usually don't assume people to be made out of super atoms.
So uh, one last question. Where do we start dura neg for this? At molecules? Or atom width?

uh, probably fine to apply i think right?

So uh, one last question. Where do we start dura neg for this? At molecules? Or atom width?
Hmmm... personally I would say at the level where you can cut the bonds between molecules separately.

Do we consider cutting through atoms or smaller as duraneg anymore?
I mean, even if its not pure physics wise it basically is.
  • A fist has something like 0.005 square meters in surface area
  • Assuming a sword edge has a contact length of 10 centimeters that gives a surface area of 0.00000000000000000001 square meters or about 500 Quadrillion times more focused than the average punch
Like the force multiplication is hilariously massive.

I agree with all of these and slicing through things like atoms are indeed duraneg. Also Jensen can be argued to also have duraneg but on a far lower scale since it's stated to be only molecular level. There's also monomolecular blades in StarCraft for example that ignores durability.

I agree with all of these and slicing through things like atoms are indeed duraneg. Also Jensen can be argued to also have duraneg but on a far lower scale since it's stated to be only molecular level. There's also monomolecular blades in StarCraft for example that ignores durability.
I'm not a Jensen guy, so I won't be changing his profile besides editing the stats, I really just know the OG Deus Ex.

Anyways this seems good to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back