• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Small Deux Ex Additions And Possible Return to 9-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically some ability additions

Plasma Manipulation - Jensen has an earlier iteration of the Plasma Rifle
Underwater Breathing - Sentinel implants kept Jensen alive underwater even while he was knocked out
Fragrance Manipulation - Social Enhancer releases pheromones into the air
Healing - Jensen and Denton also has this via Hypostims and Medkits
Energy Manipulation - Jensen uses electromagnetism to slow down falls from high distances and to dash to places at high speeds
Matter Manipulation (Molecular Level) - Inferior to JC's Dragon Tooth Sword which is atomic level while Jensen's personal blades are molecular level
Light Speed Attack for Jensen with the Laser Cannon - The Laser Cannon is a charged energy weapon that fires in a straight line and penetrates through walls
Limited Memory Manipulation - Can access the memories from other augmented people's eyeballs by inserting them into himself

Back to the Plasma Rifle for a bit, I believe we could scale characters to the Plasma Rifle's 9-A AP using the common feats thread (the high end will be used). The Plasma rifle vaporizes even armored soldiers so the high end should be fine I believe. Bosses such as Walton Simmons, Marchenko and Namir use them and all the protagonists like Adam Jensen, JC Denton and Alex Denton can take hits from them due to their advanced augmented skin and armor.

While probably not officially possible for Jensen in the wiki depending on how things go in this thread due to him not having a specific multiplier and stuff. (Even though he's Mach 13 and even a 2x boost will already net him High Hypersonic)

Does Denton at least net a High Hypersonic rating? He's faster than Jensen and by the words of the combat strength aug "Sorting rotors accelerate calcium ion concentration in the sarcoplasmic reticulum, increasing an agent's muscle speed several-fold and multiplying the damage they inflict in melee combat."

Is that enough net him into High Hypersonic with the Combat Strength aug as his speed boost at least states several fold?

Last edited:
Plasma Manipulation - Jensen has an earlier iteration of the Plasma Rifle
Link is broken.
Underwater Breathing - Sentinel implants kept Jensen alive underwater even while he was knocked out
Agreed.
Matter Manipulation (Molecular Level) - Inferior to JC's Dragon Tooth Sword which is atomic level while Jensen's personal blades are molecular level
Disagree. The scan is basically describing how small the Nanoblades' edges are. Nothing to indicate Jensen is manipulating matter.
Light Speed Attack for Jensen with the Laser Cannon - The Laser Cannon is a charged energy weapon that fires in a straight line and penetrates through walls
Link is broken.
Limited Memory Manipulation - Can access the memories from other augmented people's eyeballs by inserting them into himself
Agreed.
While probably not officially possible for Jensen in the wiki due to him not having a specific multiplier and stuff. (Even though he's Mach 13 and even a 2x boost with already net him High Hypersonic)
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Does Denton net a High Hypersonic rating? He's faster than Jensen and by the words of the combat strength aug "Sorting rotors accelerate calcium ion concentration in the sarcoplasmic reticulum, increasing an agent's muscle speed several-fold and multiplying the damage they inflict in melee combat."

Is that enough net him into High Hypersonic with the Combat Strength aug as his speed boost at least states several fold?
"Several fold" is vague so it doesn't prove JC being High Hypersonic. But I think it proves that JC is "at least Hypersonic" instead of just Hypersonic.

Going back to Adam, I think his speed's description should be reworked as "Hypersonic+ movement and reaction speed. Higher reaction speed with Focus Enhancement. Higher movement and attack speed with Icarus Dash".

Laser Cannon
Plasma Rifle

I'm not saying Jensen specifically manipulates matter but rather he cuts through matter like JC's Dragon's Tooth Sword which does the same thing albeit on a molecular scale rather than a atomic scale since his tech is inferior compared to JC's cutting power.

Also I was basically saying that Jensen even with just a 2x boost with the focus enhancer already makes him High Hypersonic and with JC's more advance nanotech, he could do the same either at base or with his own speed boosts.

Last edited:
Just rechecked JC's Dragon's Tooth Sword on the wiki and while it's atomic level matter manipulation, they labeled it as Durability Negation instead which is probably better for Jensen's case too so I'll aim for Durability Negation instead of Matter Manipulation for the monomolecular blades.

Agreed on the Laser Cannon and Plasma Rifle. Adam should get Limited Heat Manipulation from the Plasma Rifle, as well.
I'm not saying Jensen specifically manipulates matter but rather he cuts through matter like JC's Dragon's Tooth Sword which does the same thing albeit on a molecular scale rather than a atomic scale since his tech is inferior compared to JC's cutting power.
Just rechecked JC's Dragon's Tooth Sword on the wiki and while it's atomic level matter manipulation, they labeled it as Durability Negation instead which is probably better for Jensen's case too so I'll aim for Durability Negation instead of Matter Manipulation for the monomolecular blades.
Sure.
Also I was basically saying that Jensen even with just a 2x boost with the focus enhancer already makes him High Hypersonic and with JC's more advance nanotech, he could do the same either at base or with his own speed boosts.
Where does it say that the Focus Enhancer gives me a 2x boost? Also, I think the boost would only upgrade his reaction speed only.

No stated values but it is a boost nevertheless that's greater than his standard reflex booster aug so it's a safe assumption than even a 2x boost is feasible imo. Adam Jensen can move fast enough to intercept sniper bullets in the lore like the comics so his speed is all rounded (He did this even before getting the new Focus Enhancer aug). His speed calc is based on this feat.

And yeah I agree that the Plasma Rifle and Laser Cannon should also give heat manipulation to Jensen.

On the side note I asked Crimson on the speed question on Discord awhile ago if he also agreed on the physical speed changes and he said that he agrees with it.

Iirc we need like 2 staff votes or something to finish a CRT so we just need 1 more staff vote to finish this thread.

For the speed revisions I'd personally go Hypersonic+, Possibly High Hypersonic with Focus Enhancer for Jensen and At least Hypersonic+, High Hypersonic with Combat Strength for Denton.

Last edited:
Healing - Jensen and Denton also has this via Hypostims and Medkits
Did I really forget to give JC that? Yikes.
This is duraneg, not matter manip
Back to the Plasma Rifle for a bit, I believe we could scale characters to the Plasma Rifle's 9-A AP using the common feats thread. The Plasma rifle vaporizes even armored soldiers so the high end should be fine I believe. Bosses such as Walton Simmons, Marchenko and Namir use them and all the protagonists like Adam Jensen, JC Denton and Alex Denton can take hits from them due to their advanced augmented skin and armor.
Could you post a video of this? The description saying it disintegrates them should be enough but it'd be nice to have that too.
Does Denton at least net a High Hypersonic rating? He's faster than Jensen and by the words of the combat strength aug "Sorting rotors accelerate calcium ion concentration in the sarcoplasmic reticulum, increasing an agent's muscle speed several-fold and multiplying the damage they inflict in melee combat."

Absolutely actually, good catch.

I agree with the rest too, but not Jensen having HHs, we're relatively strict with upscaling even if it's a huge amp in canon, and unfortunately the Hypersonic+ calc isn't close enough to that.
Agreed on the Laser Cannon and Plasma Rifle. Adam should get Limited Heat Manipulation from the Plasma Rifle, as well.
yeah

Everything is approved aside from Jensen getting High Hypersonic then. And unfortunately I don't have the games installed right now to show that and I'm not sure if it does vaporize people in-game despite it doing so in the lore.

I suppose we're done now then. I'll add the changes later once I'm on my PC.

I feel so stupid for not catching this right now as I only read the focus enhancer alone and not the sub-system within it.

adcd2cf665cae5ec646f1513c7ba0d0f.png

It says that Jensen's speed is changed by 50%, is that enough for a High Hypersonic rating for Jensen as well?

The rating multiplied by 1.5 is 6899.65, which is unfortunately still under Hypersonic.

Last edited:
Aw well, I guess that's the end of all things in this thread. You can close the thread now as everything is applied.

One more thing, which of the Jensen games is the Plasma Rifle thing from? I'd like to put the scan in JC's durability.

Alright, did a few edits to JC and the verse page. Closing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back