• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Again, Instinctive Reaction, Info Analysis + Precog, and passive speed amp.
It wouldn't matter, 0.5 takes place between actions. Baki andvances toward him, Shinra reacts, and as he's reacting, Baki hits him

EmperorDoom25 said:
Thats not how 0.5 works

Baki only gets a better reaction speed than usual
0.5 Second Unconscious: For a brief moment Baki causes an individual to be rendered unconscious for 0.5 by triggering them to motion with a brief movement where he is capable of attacking them freely.

^this is how it works

EmperorDoom25 said:
Shinra doesnt need to react, his body automatically reacts alone for him because of Instinctice Reactions
Even so, an action is taking place. A signal to move is being sent by the brain. That's all that Baki needs

By triggering them to do so, which Shinra won't via Info Analysis.
1) He literally wouldn't be able to do anything if his brain doesn't send signals to his body

2) Stopping his brain from sending signals would require him to signal the brain to stop...

Okay, so let assume Shinra gets knocked out. It doesn't matter. Why? Instinctive Reaction works on instinct, so he'd still be able to move whilst unconscious.

Okay, so let assume Shinra gets knocked out. It doesn't matter. Why? Instinctive Reaction works on instinct, so he'd still be able to move whilst unconscious.
No, I think you misunderstand what it does. 0.5 is a move that takes advantage of the time between when you decide to do something, and when you actually do it. When you brain is triggered by an event (something like a ball flying toward your face), your brain sends signals to your legs to move, or your arms to block or catch it. Baki can strike in between the moment one reacts. Basically, if Baki approaches and Shinra moves to attack, block, fly, etc, Baki can attack him right before he does it, making it impossible to react.

Speed amps can let a character to speed blitz in a speed equalized match as long as the character that it's using them is originally the fastest between the fighters.

Character X is normally MHS with a 10x speed amp. He's fighting Character Y who's FTL. Speed gets equalized to make it fair, but X uses his amp and starts blitzing Y. With this the match can't be added because X is getting favoured by the rules of the match so it's unfair for Y to get blitzed when he's usually faster.

If the case is the other way around and who has the speed amps is Y, then it's fair. He can speedblitz and the match can be added because he's using an advantage that he held before the match got the speed equal.

In other words, if Shinra can amp his speed, then he can win via speedblitz. He's faster than Baki.

But right now this is a stomp. 7-C vs 8-B is a massive difference.

The Calaca said:
Speed amps can let a character to speed blitz in a speed equalized match as long as the character that it's using them is originally the fastest between the fighters.

Character X is normally MHS with a 10x speed amp. He's fighting Character Y who's FTL. Speed gets equalized to make it fair, but X uses his amp and starts blitzing Y. With this the match can't be added because X is getting favoured by the rules of the match so it's unfair for Y to get blitzed when he's usually faster.

If the case is the other way around and who has the speed amps is Y, then it's fair. He can speedblitz and the match can be added because he's using an advantage that he held before the match got the speed equal.

In other words, if Shinra can amp his speed, then he can win via speedblitz. He's faster than Baki.

But right now this is a stomp. 7-C vs 8-B is a massive difference.
I changed the OP back to 7-C vs 7-A

Care to explain me how is that any different? It's a stomp the other way around.

I don't even know why are you using those versions when both characters have 8-B keys that would make the match fair.

The Calaca said:
Care to explain me how is that any different? It's a stomp the other way around.

I don't even know why are you using those versions when both characters have 8-B keys that would make the match fair.
Omg I'm trippin so hard😂 didn't realize they both had 8-B keys

Okay, so Baki still has an AP advantage. Does he still have that 0.5 thing?
Yes, he used it first in his fight against Yujiro, which is the exact key being used (as in this key only applies to Baki during this one fight)

His 8-B is 18 Tons but can enhance his power.

His 7-A is around 750 Megatons IIRC.

So what's Baki's 8-B AP?

The Calaca said:
His 8-B is 18 Tons but can enhance his power.

His 7-A is around 750 Megatons IIRC.

So what's Baki's 8-B AP?
I could be wrong, but I think Baki starts at 22 tons and can move up to 2.6 kilotons

The Low 7-C and 7-C stats must be restricted. This is a 8-B fight. Otherwise, Baki one-shots.

Back