• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
About 0.5, I actually believe there was an instance where Shinra woke up from a situation in an even snaller timeframe.
Woke up? How would one go about undoing a brain signal both before the first one was finished being sent and while sending a second one?

BakiHanma18 said:
Yes, which by the sounds of how quick the speed amps, would be easy to say, "Oh wow, 5 seconds ago (I'm not exactly sure how fast the amp actually is, but to get knocked down and get up again seems about 5 seconds) I could keep up, now I can't... better fix that!"
Then i guess i'll be changing my vote to Baki for being an extremely skilled boi and knowing what to do in a situation like this.

Actually, Shinra takes this, little difficulty.

His speeds amps were able to outspeed and pressure someone who's Rel+. Even if he was hit by 0.5, that wouldn't help as he would tank the first hit. The moment he got up, his speed would be in a completely different ballpark, and would blitz Baki before he could use 0.5 again.

But lets say that Shinra hasn't woken up from a smaller timeframe of 0.5 seconds. Info Analysis would give him the knowledge needed if he was hit by it multiple times, and would resort to smarter tactics like using smoke to conceal himself, or keep coming at him until he blitzed, which would only take one strike. Baki doesn't aim to one-shot, so that means he only has one chance to take him out, which he won't IC.

Voting Shinra.

Actually, Shinra takes this, little difficulty.

His speeds amps were able to outspeed and pressure someone who's Rel+. Even if he was hit by 0.5, that wouldn't help as he would tank the first hit. The moment he got up, his speed would be in a completely different ballpark, and would blitz Baki before he could use 0.5 again.

But lets say that Shinra hasn't woken up from a smaller timeframe of 0.5 seconds. Info Analysis would give him the knowledge needed if he was hit by it multiple times, and would resort to smarter tactics like using smoke to conceal himself, or keep coming at him until he blitzed, which would only take one strike. Baki doesn't aim to one-shot, so that means he only has one chance to take him out, which he won't IC.

Voting Shinra.
If within the first couple of seconds in the match he's getting speed blitzed as badly as you say, he'd definitely use 0.5 to try to oneshot, and there are at least 6/30 moves on Baki's page that would definitely oneshot Shinra, considering that normally Baki has a 4 ton AP advantage

@Baki

Thing is, speed would only be equalized in the beginning. The moment he gets hit with a non-lethal blow, he's gonna get up, and become an absolute blur the next time he attacks. Here's how it would go:

• Shinra goes to attack.
  • Baki uses 0.5 and knocks Shinra down.
  • Shinra gets up, and becomes Rel+.
  • Blitzes him with an onslaught of attacks whilst only ever getting faster.

@Baki
Thing is, speed would only be equalized in the beginning. The moment he gets hit with a non-lethal blow, he's gonna get up, and become an absolute blur the next time he attacks. Here's how it would go:

• Shinra goes to attack.
  • Baki uses 0.5 and knocks Shinra down.
  • Shinra gets up, and becomes Rel+.
  • Blitzes him with an onslaught of attacks whilst only ever getting faster.
Baki would probably use Benda, which Shinra wouldn't be able to get up

@Baki

Baki doesn't start with 0.5, so it would be more like

Shinra attacks

Baki tried to counter (if he uses Aiki, which is unlikely, Shinra might lose right there)

Shinra IR and dodges easily

Baki starts getting blitzed

Baki uses 0.5

Potential GG Baki wins

Also, something I just thought about: if Baki starts with Mach punch, not only would that alone cause massive damage to Shinra, but since he has the full 0.5 seconds, Baki could potentially him Shinra twice.

It doesn't matter if he doesn't use it first or not, but Baki either has to one-shot, which he won't, or incap in his first move, which would have to be IC. If he can't do this absolutely first move, Shinra blitzes to hell.

Again, Mach Punch to the chin, Triceratops Fist, Cockroach Tackle, Cord-Cut, or Goutaijutsu are six moves that either oneshot or make Shinra winning impossible

Okay, those CAN, but will be start with those?
After activating 0.5, yes. If he's pushed to that extreme, it's not likely he intends to pull punches

Thing is, it won't get extreme until too late. With speed equalized, Baki would hold the advantage. Until he knocks him down, and Shinra gets up and blitz spams.

Also, and I'm not sure about this one, but Baki's fear manip might be useful in building up Shinra's speed (as he'd avoid rushing in immediately), making easier for Baki to realize "This guy is going so fast I can't even track him"

Thing is, it won't get extreme until too late. With speed equalized, Baki would hold the advantage. Until he knocks him down, and Shinra gets up and blitz spams.
How would Baki even touch him with IR and IA?

BakiHanma18 said:
One 0.5.

But that'll be the one and only chance he gets to use it.

One 0.5.

But that'll be the one and only chance he gets to use it.

But he doesn't lead with that, meaning Baki wouldn't be able to knock Shinra over until he's already blitzing Baki, at which point Baki moves to end the fight ASAP

This entire argument was Baki using 0.5 first. Now he doesn't start with it?
No, sorry for the confusion. He usually starts with normal punches unless he's aware that he's fighting an opponent of similar or greater strength.

Okay, so Shinra is of similar strength. But how does he know to kill Shinra or incap him first hit, and the chances of him leading with those 6 attacks?

Okay, so Shinra is of similar strength. But how does he know to kill Shinra or incap him first hit, and the chances of him leading with those 6 attacks?
Okay, to sum up my argument (try to debate it in sections so I can respond easier):

Baki and Shinra have no knowledge of each other, so Baki goes to punchin and Shinra blasts straight for him to **** him up

Baki, with his superior skill, goes ham on Shinra, only for Shinra to dodge everything with IR and AP.

As Baki's fighting, he notices that Shinra is moving entirely to fast for Baki to even keep up. This has only happened once in the series (Baki being hopelessly blitzed): against Yujiro, whom is one of two people he's activated 0.5 on.

As Shinra is quickly getting speed advantage, he's most likely belying his true strength to Baki with clean shots landing every now and then during there exchange, more and more frequently over the course of 1-3 seconds

Baki realizes 2 things: he can oneshot, and if he doesn't, he may very well lose

Enacts 0.5 plan and potentially oneshots

That sequence the moment Shinra starts dodging, because he's getting his passive speed amps. He won't have time to deal with someone suddenly becoming Rel+.

That sequence the moment Shinra starts dodging, because he's getting his passive speed amps. He won't have time to deal with someone suddenly becoming Rel+.
If he got this amp over the course of getting knocked down and getting back up against, with speed equalized, Baki would definitely be able to see the build-up of speed take place over a brief exchange

Also, how fast is Shinra originally? (As in anywhere between 10%-50% SOL). Because if he's, say, 50% SOL, his amp can't even make him two times faster than Baki

BakiHanma18 said:
Also, how fast is Shinra originally? (As in anywhere between 10%-50% SOL). Because if he's, say, 50% SOL, his amp can't even make him two times faster than Baki
26% the speed of light, far faster than Baki has experienced, and can get faster with Rapid that stacks on his passive speed.

And sorry, rather tired or arguing this when I'd rather focus on my own matches.

26% the speed of light, far faster than Baki has experienced, and can get faster with Rapid that stacks on his passive speed.

And sorry, rather tired or arguing this when I'd rather focus on my own matches.

If speed is equalized, both combatants would be 26% SOL, but how much faster does he become after Rapid?

I completely understand, and you are welcome to come back and continue the debate whenever you're available

Back