• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I disagree. First Baki has 0.5 Second Consciousness, which allows him to hit first in most any engagement. Second, he has Aiki, so he can use Shinra's AP advantage against him. Finally, Benda bypasses durability

Right, but if Baki bypasses durability, that shouldn't be a problem, right? Also, I'm fairly sure Shinra can hurt himself (Aiki)

Shinra stomps so hard it's not even funny, it's Small Town vs Mountain level dude, also durability negation shouldn't really matter here

EmperorDoom25 said:
He amps himself to FTL speeds
Baki also cant reach him because of Flight and AoE fire attacks
um.... speed is equal and according to the rules.

• During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character.
so if hes just amping his speed, speed equilization nullifies it.

• During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character.
i literally copy pasted that from the rules, so no.

SpookyShadow said:
Shinra stomps so hard it's not even funny, it's Small Town vs Mountain level dude, also durability negation shouldn't really matter here
Actually, it's 7-C vs 7-A, as stated in the OP. Not a huge distinction, but definitely not a distinction without a difference

Yes, it is. there was already a discussion about this

Baki wouldnt be able to use stat amps because he is the slower character here

Shinra is already naturally faster than him (relativistic), so he is allowed to amp himself

EmperorDoom25 said:

Baki couldnt be able to use stat amps because he is the slower character here

Shinra is already naturally faster than him (relativistic), so he is allowed to amp himself
No, I think the point he's trying to make is that his speed amp would cause a speed blitz victory, which is against the rules

BakiHanma18 said:
EmperorDoom25 said:

Baki couldnt be able to use stat amps because he is the slower character here

No, I think the point he's trying to make is that his speed amp would cause a speed blitz victory, which is against the rules
My point is Shinra would be allowed to amp himself, even with speed equal

EmperorDoom25 said:
He is. It would be a blitz? Sure, but he is allowed to amp, still...
See, I'm not understanding. The rules say that a speed amp that causes a blitz is against the rules. Wouldn't Shinra's amp be against the rules?

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
It doesn't matter because he can't get past those abilities Shinra has in all keys.
If I were to make this City Block+ Shinra, this would be a stomp in the other direction. I'm looking for an in between

Back