• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer vs Shinobi (Tanjirou vs Wolf)

Why are you having Wolf fight a child

this is like that James Bond stuff where he had like 5 victories versus kids

either way, s'pose I should ask if Kamado has a method of overcoming Type 4 and the stealth attack Wolf has that just instantly kills people on his level?

Tanjirou has no way to deal with Type 4 Immortality, but Tanjirou will know to incapacitate his opponent since he knows he's human via smell. As for stealth attacks, that's not gonna work on Tanjirou's Precog+Enhanced Senses, where he can smell the direction of attacks, their thoughts, intents, and feelings.

Actually, quite the opposite. Wolf will definitely have trouble, as the longer this fight goes on, the more adaptive his reflexes will become. As such, he grows faster and stronger. All the whilst he's analyzing Wolf's entire fighting style throughout the battle, and looking for weaknesses and weak spots in his swordsmanship with Info Analysis.

Tanjirou also has the AP advantage.

Something something I've literally said one small bit of Wolf's stuff. Outside of Wolf 100% holding the skill advantage (no offense, I'm just saying that from the point of view that so far nobody has actually outskilled Wolf except the Culexus Assassin), we also have stuff like the aforementioned Deathblows which can just be initiated from mid-combat if he ***** with posture enough, poison people with a strike, amp his own damage by quite an absurd amount via Divine Confetti, and if he dies enough stuff like Dragonrot kicks in and just kills whoever happens to be nearby.

Tanjirou consistently goes up against people more skilled than him, and wins via intellect and improving his own skills to match. To give an example,

• Singlehandedly analyzed, and deduced Akaza (Kimetsu no Yaiba)'s fighting style, someone hundreds of years old. Doing this only via the way Akaza fought, and the phrases he said, that weren't even often describing his power.
  • Analyzed Daki's style of using sashes to seal people.
  • Hyutengu's weakness in his abilities not being able to pass his own cells.
Can the Deathblows deal with Tanjirou's Precog+Enhanced Senses? He'll see it coming and dodge accordingly if needed. Tanjirou actually resists poison, but it's not on the profile yet (why I wanted to make this match later). Tanjirou also has various amps, such as Limit Break, where he went from completely getting wrecked by Daki to nearly killing her. Lastly, the See-Through-World, which would probably be Tanjirou's last resort, where he emits no battle spirit.

It was able to bypass Akaza's battle compass, which detects battle spirit and intent, actively gets more accurate the stronger you get, and until Tanjirou got STW, was overpowering Tanjirou's Precog+Enhanced Senses with just his own Enhanced Senses. Btw, Akaza got Precognition later in the fight and still couldn't sense him.

That's great but unless he's gone against someone on Wolf's level and succeeded in that before then that's all for naught. Wolf's prime skill feat is even when he was in his shit-tier key (9-A) where he was literally rusty in combat, he beat Gyoubu, who had previously defeated an army of enemies equivalent to himself in AP and trained in combat to be the best of the best.

Deathblows have nothing to do with those two things so... yeah? I guess? Deathblows are literally just super-powerful attacks that one-shot people on Wolf's level. Dodging generally isn't an option since normally Wolf just grabs the person and shoves a sword through various bits of them (Wolf's LS is far higher than homeboy so that shouldn't be an issue). From what you're saying I'm understanding his precog isn't exactly pitch perfect so yeah, Wolf should be able to nuketh.

Well, Tanjirou actually does have the AP advantage, so yeah he has gone up against people of Wolf's level. Really the absolute best example I can give you is Akaza, someone who actually overpowered his own durability. Tanjirou also has a pretty good skill feat of fighting a robot far superior to him nonstop, constantly, drinking only rain water, little food, and sleep. He did this for about a week, and even gained Precognition from this.

If Wolf has to grab him, then Tanjirou can smell the direction he's coming from and dodge. His precog was only at a disadvantage when you realize the nature of what Akaza was. To quote Giyuu Tomioka, someone who was fighting him with Tanjirou:

"This is a mess. He's even learned to anticipate my attack movements. This demon is unbelievable. This is Upper Moon Three. This man is carnage. A man who has given up everything but fighting."

Also, once more, Wolf will need to put him down fast, as again, the longer this battle goes on the more Tanjirou will adapt, going faster and stronger, and analyzing his fighting style for weaknesses.

Skill. Skill level. Not AP. I'm not arguing AP.

I mean. From what you've been saying his precog isn't perfect so Wolf grabbing him isn't an impossibility, again, considering the skill gap. Even if you see something coming doesn't mean you can perfectly avoid it.

Quick fights are kinda Wolf's thing so this isn't really an issue. Again he can just sorta grapple and one-tap.

I was mentioning Akaza's skill/AP. He was already stronger and faster than Tanjirou, and as said Akaza was a far more skilled a fighter than Tanjirou was.

His precog isn't perfect, no precog is against an opponent that's faster than them. But even when he didn't have it Tanjirou could smell emotions, intent, thoughts and feelings, even an attack coming from underground when:

• He couldn't see it.
  • Enemy concealed it.
So it's very unlikely he's grabbing Tanjirou.

I'm gonna pop in here to say that Wolf absolutely destroys the skill advantage here. The gap between them is like the gap between Tanjirou and Akaza x 10. Wolf regularly defeats people who can outskill armies of people on their level, and can outskill someone like Owl, who can casually beat Genichiro (by his dialogue in the Shura ending), who skillstomps Gyobu, who skillstomps entire armies of trained warriors. The skill gap is enormous here.

That aside, Tanjirou does have a decent AP advantage and a better powerset for fighting skilled opponents, and I do think STW would be a big boon in closing that skill gap, though it still wouldn't close it.

The issue is very much a "Can Tanjirou incap/get all his buffs running to incap before Wolf can find a way to kill him"

Tanjirou has passive reactive power level, and his breaths (which he uses commonly), limit break (if he's pushed that far), and STW (very likely to use) will make it much easier to incap.

This is basically the ultimate example of "Shounen Protag with tons of different Hypermodes vs One really solid guy" lmao

For now, based purely on what I've heard, Tanjirou's precog and senses aren't ostensibly enough to totally negate Wolf's considerable skill advantage and ability to bat above his own AP.

So I vote Wolf via not dying immediately and rofling in terms of skill, alongside his other versatile options of actually taking down an opponent (poison swords and the like).

Has Wolf dealt with anyone with precog? Again, it's not that his precog is bad, it's simply overpowered by someone who was far stronger, faster, bloodlusted, and experienced. I don't see how he gets past Tanjirou's passive amps, info analysis, and intelligence. Tanjirou resists poison, btw.

For that I'm voting Tanjirou.

Ionliosite said:
Mr. Bambu said:
Why are you having Wolf fight a child
Current Tanjirou is like 15-16 yo, hardly a child.
that

is legally a child

Also, something minor. Tanjirou has Social Influencing that could subdue Wolf. It was so potent that Genya, someone who lost his mother to demons, had that mother slaughter the rest of the family, watch his brother kill his mother, and was later disowned by him into a state of cooperation and non-aggression.

It also forced Giyuu Tomioka, someone with an immense amount of survivors guilt and an inferiority complex to continue being a Demon Slayer, despite losing his best friend and older sister.

Lastly, it briefly forced the same Akaza, the man to be described as nothing but carnage to rethink his life, someone who was branded a criminal, beaten, an orphan, then later had his foster family and future wife taken from him.

There's one more, but you get the point.

Current Tanjirou is like 15-16 yo, hardly a child.
that is legally a child

Going by Japanese laws, he can already marry someone.

Yeah. Though idk about it working on him immediately.

It took years of service and a lot of thought on Wolf's part, but someone did make him rethink his world view which was beat into him as a child.

That doesn't really relate.

Akaza was furious and hateful because of how he was constantly treated, but he wasn't explicitly told to obey a certain worldview for all of his life. His hatred was a side effect of the misery he endured.

Wolf only ever knew the code he lived by and could not truly think about anything outside of that until he had been with someone who tried to teach him otherwise for years. Even then, it took time and effort for Wolf to re-evaluate anything major, as when he was presented with the option he chose to obey the Iron Code until the last second, when his father ordered him to abandon the one he was protecting.

So it's up in the air. I'd wait for Bambu to respond as to if it would work

Let me put it in a different way.

Akaza is an abuse victim and a bit of a sociopath. He's hateful because of the things he's experienced, not because he was explicitly told to be that way.

Genya is much the same.

Giyu is a sufferer of survivors guilt, a condition where one blames themselves for things outside of their control.

Wolf is none of those things. He's more akin to an adult doing something they've always done because "that's the way it is". He was taught early on to be a certain way, and he has always stayed that way, until after years of work he was able to move past it.

Even then, he was still mostly the same, just that his main priority had shifted.

I quite honestly think it's more impressive to force someone like that who's lived far longer, hated or experienced way more, lived only one way for longer to change, even if a little.

Psychologically, the difference is not a matter of subject.

One is undoing the trauma of an abuse victim.

The other would be rewriting the entire world view of a single person.

The first requires time, effort, and a trained professional, but it can be done.

The second is nearly impossible, and even if done "successfully" it would usually be achieved through just having that world view be focused into a more positive thing.

I'd like to point of that later on in the fight, his future wife (it gets Naruto-ish but it's still really good please believe me) instructs him to stop from beyond the grave. Her influence, or rather the influence Tanjirou made him remember, made him kill himself to avoid fighting anymore.

Going to go on a limb saying, even though I have not played much Sekiro and I love Demon Slayer, I still have to side with Sekiro on matters like this. Ignoring his self-reviving mechanic and the insta-kill, we still have a solidly powerful character with many abilities that can be used to counter Tanjiro's. This is a stamina fight against a character with many power-ups versus a character that can solidly last long against more potent opponents.

In the manga, you'll usually find that most of the later major fights, he tends to have a helping hand either from his sister or his friends/companions, and that so far has not changed (haven't read the latest arc yet). Not to mention his breathing forms take a huge toll on his body. Even making an argument for Tanjiro's potency, we still have to consider what Sekiro has been up against.

Sekiro players please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he defeat Genichiro (and then Isshin afterwards). Both had great potency of power, especially Isshin with his three phases. I understand that Tanjiro's done pretty amazing things but being genuinely able to last that long against a supernaturally buffed swordsman (who killed armies of men in his prime). Sekiro should genuinely have the stamina and skills required to not only outlast but properly put down someone like Tanjiro.

Be that as it may, I don't think Sekiro will really fall for Tanjiro's social influencing so easily (honestly, it sometimes feels like the plot is going out of its way to make people concede to Tanjiro's friendliness quickly). Sekiro does not really have a sort of trauma or resentment for Tanjiro to capitalize on, notice that many enemies/unfriendlies that Tanjiro tends to have an impact on are those with their own sorts of baggages that Tanjiro helps them release. As far as I know, Wolf does not really have any of that sort that can really discourage him from fighting Tanjiro without it being horribly out of character and just plain stupid on Wolf's end.

Edit: The other guy does hold a psychological point that completely changing worldview is different from just helping someone overcome their trauma (even at a hundred years). On one end, they are wrestling with thoughts that are negative but are easy to fix by helping shift their perspective. This can be applied to Akaza. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure Akaza only managed that sort of anger and resentment for that long because the Demon corps or the entire setting in fact, doesn't necessarily have good psycho-social healthcare and self-love campaigns that could at least make the man change his line of thinking. A lot of the issues these people and demons seem to be having are issues that honestly need to be talked out and treated with compassion (aka Tanjiro).

A change in worldview is much more astronomical in the sense that there is no perspective to change at all, because quite literally whatever message you're trying to get across cannot be easily comprehended because it's not their worldview.

The way I see this fight going is Tanjiro slowly escalating in his breathing techniques to increase the potency of his attacks, but as far as I've seen with Sekiro, he's seen plenty of escalations on that sort as well, especially with incredibly long fights against the legendary sword saint or other master combatants.

Okay, while I agree with some of your points, I'm gonna have to disagree with some of what you said immensely.

Ignoring his self-reviving mechanic and the insta-kill, we still have a solidly powerful character with many abilities that can be used to counter Tanjiro's. This is a stamina fight against a character with many power-ups versus a character that can solidly last long against more potent opponents.

This is something Tanjirou consistently deals with on a basis: opponents that beat him in experience, and skill, and have abilities that can spell end for him. Yet, each time he gets through it by deducing their abilities firstly (Daki, Akaza, Swamp Demon, etc, etc), then following up with techniques that benefit him most. Hyutengu's explicitly state Tanjirou's senses adapt and get better throughout the course of the battle.

Not to mention his breathing forms take a huge toll on his body. Even making an argument for Tanjiro's potency, we still have to consider what Sekiro has been up against.

They don't. Post-Demon Train arc, Tanjirou frequently uses his Breath Styles with absolutely no problem. He even combined water and fire together to gain an upper hand on Daki, despite the fact that he was already fatigued to the point where blood seeped from his eyes, he nearly passed his life limit, passed his stamina limit, was able to restrain Nezuko, fought Gyuutaro, took his poison and continued to fight, and defeated him. Tanjirou has definitely been up against a lot, and his stamina is tremendous.

Be that as it may, I don't think Sekiro will really fall for Tanjiro's social influencing so easily (honestly, it sometimes feels like the plot is going out of its way to make people concede to Tanjiro's friendliness quickly).

Easily what I disagree with the most, and forgive me, but I'm going to go on a tangent and explain fully in detail why. You need to understand from that beginning of the entire series, it was emphasized very heavily that Tanjirou does NOT hate demons. He, in fact, empathizes with them. It's such a potent "weakness" that Urokodaki thought he wasn't worth it. Tanjirou is fully aware of the crimes they comment, the horrors and atrocities, and isn't naive enough to defend them. This is shown multiple times, as Tanjirou still cared for Hand Demon, the person responsible for Sabito's death.

He further empathized this by fighting Daki and Gyuutaro, pleading and convincing them to not fight as siblings, and that they were all they had. Despite all that the two had done, he still convinced them that the hurting words they spewed at each other in their final moments. Lastly, the final point I had been emphasizing, Akaza vs Tanjirou. Something I believe needs more attention is that Akaza has been doing this for dozens of years. As Giyuu stated, he had given everything up but fighting. Fighting was his blood, so much so reaching the "supreme territory" was all he could think of.

Yet when Tanjirou corrected him on the true law of nature, and what that was, Akaza's entire view in Tanjirou shifted. Originally believing he was unpleasant because he was weak, he was now unpleasant because he was so empathetic of him. How he reminded him that even when Akaza was a child, he was protected. The magnitude of this was again, so potent that the person that meant the most to him, reached out and touched Akaza's shoulder from behind. He even swung on OPEN AIR because of how realistic it was, just trying to stick to the lifestyle he had devoted years, countless years to.

But even still in the end, the influence of Tanjirou made him remember even more people important to him, such as his future wife. This was even more potent, as he killed himself because he lost the desire to fight.

This is something Tanjirou consistently deals with on a basis: opponents that beat him in experience, and skill, and have abilities that can spell end for him. Yet, each time he gets through it by deducing their abilities firstly (Daki, Akaza, Swamp Demon, etc, etc), then following up with techniques that benefit him most. Hyutengu's explicitly state Tanjirou's senses adapt and get better throughout the course of the battle.

Who's to say that Sekiro does not do the same? Even in-game the player learns the patterns of whatever opponent they're fighting. Translating that as Sekiro's combat intuition, we also have an opponent who is also equally adapting to Tanjiro rather than just being static with his strategies. Sekiro's no demon, he knows the roadblocks he faces as a katana using shinobi versus multiple swordsmen, beasts, demons, etc.

Back