• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer vs Shinobi (Tanjirou vs Wolf)

He further empathized this by fighting Daki and Gyuutaro, pleading and convincing them to not fight as siblings, and that they were all they had. Despite all that the two had done, he still convinced them that the hurting words they spewed at each other in their final moments. Lastly, the final point I had been emphasizing, Akaza vs Tanjirou. Something I believe needs more attention is that Akaza has been doing this for thousands of years. As Giyuu stated, he had given everything up but fighting. Fighting was his blood, so much so reaching the "supreme territory" was all he could think of.

Yet when Tanjirou corrected him on the true law of nature, and what that was, Akaza's entire view in Tanjirou shifted. Originally believing he was unpleasant because he was weak, he was now unpleasant because he was so empathetic of him. How he reminded him that even when Akaza was a child, he was protected. The magnitude of this was again, so potent that the person that meant the most to him, reached out and touched Akaza's shoulder from behind. He even swung on OPEN AIR because of how realistic it was, just trying to stick to the lifestyle he had devoted years, countless years to.

But even still in the end, the influence of Tanjirou made him remember even more people important to him, such as his future wife. This was even more potent, as he killed himself because he lost the desire to fight.

The thing is, Akaza's viewpoint still needed empathy and understanding to solve, we don't feasibly know what a thousand year mindset is like, but the response is still likely the same in that regard. Akaza still had his own human resentments and problems that tortured him, and the fact that he's seen thousands of years of slaughter and still lets this supposedly trivial human thoughts get to him is just an even bigger indicator he wears his psychological weaknesses on his sleeve, not exactly the epitome of being dedicated to your line of work.

As far as I know, I don't really think that's a good example of how Tanjiro can exactly get Sekiro to change his mind either. Like I said, the aforementioned people have genuine psychological problems they wear on their sleeves and need a little confronting and rethinking to change their mindset, regardless of how long they've had it, compassion from Tanjiro has been a good answer because it is the appropriate answer to such mental strains, not because Tanjiro magicks them into liking him. Compassion and sympathy are good answers for people with emotional baggage that need releasing, not so much for a person with no explicit emotion and pure murderous intent aka Shura Sekiro.

Phew, lord. I don't have the energy to go on about the psychology about Social Influencing (although I ACTUALLY REALLY want to, the psychology classes are fun and so is the topic) anymore. For now I'll just say it doesn't work, leaving us back to feats and something not philosophical and deep, lol.

Adding to that, if this is indeed Shura Sekiro, then we are talking about someone who has given in to their bloodlust. Before you start pulling up demons that Tanjiro has managed to changed, aka Akaza, this is a being of pure bloodlust. I've checked the wiki and the lore so far, and it seems they do not do this out of necessity (in the way that Kimetsu no Yaiba demons eat to survive and gain power), but because they have lost themselves to their bloodlust and lost emotional connection. Now explicitly, I really don't think Tanjiro would be able to get through to someone who has no emotional connection, even said demons from the manga themselves still have emotional and sentimental connections (even if they refuse to admit it), because we can clearly see them recall or even nostalgically talk about their past life.

Tanjirou fra

STW users are able to react to attacks before the opponent has even made them. Add that onto Tanjirou being able to smell the intent(direction/target) of an attack, and I don't see Wolf being able to grab Tanjirou to land a deathblow anytime soon.

iirc that's not the problem.

The problem was Wolf raining down so many attacks with such skill that Tanjirou's guard eventually breaks to where he can't dodge or react.

He can just... dodge. That's the point I've been making. I'm not sure how he can't dodge or react when Tanjirou is constantly getting faster and stronger.

"I mean. From what you've been saying his precog isn't perfect so Wolf grabbing him isn't an impossibility, again, considering the skill gap. Even if you see something coming doesn't mean you can perfectly avoid it."

"Quick fights are kinda Wolf's thing so this isn't really an issue. Again he can just sorta grapple and one-tap."

Not really. The argument against the precog is mainly that Wolf is skilled, which doesn't help when Tanjirou moves out of the way of the grab before Wolf even begins the motion to grab him. Besides, Tanjirou's the one who's going to get faster over the course of the fight, not Wolf. I don't see how Wolf would overwhelm Tanjirou with several attacks when he has neither danmaku to nuke the area or speed amps to counteract Tanjirou's precog.

Well, I'm just here to count votes and cast away any really absurdly bad arguments.

I won't be debating much if at all, remember. His votes been counted already.

I think there's also been a misconception about Tanjirou's precog that it isn't that good because Milly said it didn't work on Akaza.

"If Wolf has to grab him, then Tanjirou can smell the direction he's coming from and dodge. His precog was only at a disadvantage when you realize the nature of what Akaza was. To quote Giyuu Tomioka, someone who was fighting him with Tanjirou:

"This is a mess. He's even learned to anticipate my attack movements. This demon is unbelievable. This is Upper Moon Three. This man is carnage. A man who has given up everything but fighting."

This isn't an antifeat that makes Tanjirou's precog weaker, it's a feat for Akaza to be able to land a hit on him despite Tanjirou being able to smell the direction/intent of attacks.

Crusader-Caga said:
Who's to say that Sekiro does not do the same? Even in-game the player learns the patterns of whatever opponent they're fighting. Translating that as Sekiro's combat intuition, we also have an opponent who is also equally adapting to Tanjiro rather than just being static with his strategies. Sekiro's no demon, he knows the roadblocks he faces as a katana using shinobi versus multiple swordsmen, beasts, demons, etc.
We don't accept gameplay feats unless they are canon or have proof that they can be used

I was watching this thread since its creation. I am not here to just FRA and leave

FRA-ing and leaving is the VSBW equivalent of a really shitty one night stand.

Nobody's satisfied, everyone's annoyed, and the worst possible thing that can happen is a massive mistake being made.

This isn't an antifeat that makes Tanjirou's precog weaker, it's a feat for Akaza to be able to land a hit on him despite Tanjirou being able to smell the direction/intent of attacks.

It still does indicate that getting past his "precog" is possible. I'm not sure if speeds are equalized in this scenario but taken with their best feats, Sekiro can feasibly get past Tanjiro's guard with his superior speed (he was able to dodge and deflect bulelts, dodge attacks faster than lightning from the Divine Dragon, etc.).

So perhaps Tanjiro may be able to get better at being able to see through Sekiro's fighting but we still are dealing with a person with superior stamina and speed as opposed to Tanjiro. I think the fact that Sekiro does not have precog and is therefore similar to the other "stronger" opponents is a bit of undersell of Sekiro as a warrior. And even if Tanjiro is learning more from Sekiro as they fight, I do think that Sekiro can still overwhelm Tanjiro before he's completely figured him out. Also @KnightofSunlight, does Sekiro get all his skills or can only equip a few like in game?

Before I go to sleep, just want to point out Tanjirou's speed is also under revisions, and is hitting Mach 2000+. Again, another reason I was saving this match for later.

Crusader-Caga said:

It still does indicate that getting past his "precog" is possible. I'm not sure if speeds are equalized in this scenario but taken with their best feats, Sekiro can feasibly get past Tanjiro's guard with his superior speed (he was able to dodge and deflect bulelts, dodge attacks faster than lightning from the Divine Dragon, etc.).
Speed feats do not mean much in a fight where speed is equalised. Also you need to tell us if Wolf can actually replicate that feat of getting past his precog

Speed is equalized. So Wolf doesn't have the speed advantage. And looking at the profile, he doesn't have the stamina advantage either.

"Stamina: Immense (Has traveled to numerous kinds of terrain and fought physically equal beings on his level in a single day, without exhausting himself. Can take on various superhuman and supernatural opponents without tiring, can traverse physically demanding terrain, such as the Sunken Valley and Fountainhead Palace without issue)"

While Wolf is able to have strenuous fights and travel terrain in a day, Tanjirou has done the same for seven days straight with no rest. Stamina's not really an advantage for Wolf either way because the longer the fight is, the better it will be for Tanjirou since he's just going to get faster.

Stamina alone does not a win condition make, young one. We've established that Wolf's skill is laughably above that of the Demon Killer and his Type 4 means killing him just isn't on the table. So while the guy's senses may be good, they aren't inherently good enough to overcome Wolf's own abilities.

Mr. Bambu said:
Stamina alone does not a win condition make, young one. We've established that Wolf's skill is laughably above that of the Demon Killer and his Type 4 means killing him just isn't on the table. So while the guy's senses may be good, they aren't inherently good enough to overcome Wolf's own abilities.
"Stamina alone does not a win condition make, young one."

Who said this? I'm not even the one who brought up Stamina, it was Crusader.

"We've established that Wolf's skill is laughably above that of the Demon Killer and his Type 4 means killing him just isn't on the table."

Again, no one said Tanjirou was going to kill Wolf. Tanjirou's going to incapitate him.

"So while the guy's senses may be good, they aren't inherently good enough to overcome Wolf's own abilities."

He has precognition, stop making it seem like it's just enhanced senses.

To be more thorough on the explanation.

"See-Through World: Through becoming aware of every part of his body, and "closing" any unneeded actions out like one would close their eyes when trying to hear something, Tanjirou can enter the "see-through world". His speed and strength increase dramatically, and he becomes capable of seeing through an enemy, becoming able to observe every muscle, blood vessels, lungs and all their contraction. In this state, his battle spirit, emotions and intent are impossible to detect."

STW
STWW

This isn't something Wolf can beat just by being more skilled and he doesn't have any feats of negating precog with skill either.

By the way, the moment Tanjirou enters the STW, there is absolutely no way Wolf will detect him. He completely bypassed Akaza's Battle Compass (what was beating Tanjirou's precognition), that actively gets more accurate the stronger you are, and attacks so precise your vitals are pulled in towards Akaza's attacks. Even after Akaza got precognition mid-fight, he couldn't sense him at all.

Alright, vote count since I just woke up and have to go to work soon.

Doggo: 3 (Bambu, Crusader, and Steven)

Sniffer: 3 (Milly, DragonEmp, M3X)

Tanjirou fra Wolf may be skilled but he never had to deal with someone who had legit precog and the inability to be detected

Also considering Wolf doesn't even regrow his arm when he resurrects, if Tanjirou took his head off from the start he could perma kill him couldn't he.

Paul Frank said:
Tanjirou fra Wolf may be skilled but he never had to deal with someone who had legit precog and the inability to be detected
Also considering Wolf doesn't even regrow his arm when he resurrects, if Tanjirou took his head off from the start he could perma kill him couldn't he.
He could, but it would be OOC for Tanjirou since he can smell he's a human.

Paul Frank said:
The first part of this is wrong to some extent. Headless can go full invisible and doesn't make any sound for certain moves.

The second part of this is 100% wrong and was debunked ages ago. So this vote isn't exactly valid. Just sayin'.

Stealth Mastery & Invisibility=/=Completely undetectable to someone who can sense battle spirit, something even babies emit, along with muderous intent and desire, that actively senses you get stronger.

We have no idea

we just know it negs the rejuvenating waters which is what keeps these people alive for uh... well, forever. The only times these people die are when Wolf uses mortal blade or that one time Owl beheaded Genichiro... but he had the Black Mortal Blade. So who knows.

Back