• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
38BD1D6B-D801-4FBC-94FA-943FA74D5DA2
42AFD162-E781-4B65-B80D-81E4ABA1B822
With Tanjirou freshly updated and ready to go, I've been waiting for this match for a while.

Kamado Tanjirou:

Scorpio:

Inconclusive: 7

Speed is equalized.

Death or incapacitation.

Dimensional Infinity Fortress Tanjirou and Second Tournament Scorpion.

FIGHT!

Incapacitation, which is what he usually aims for against human. But considering he has no way of knowing this at first glance, he'll definitely try and kill him first go.

Tanjirou is going through a lot of trouble trying to knock him out. Scorpion is much more durable since he's almost High 8-C+ scaling to Jax and others.

But I doubt Scorpion would roast a kid on sight, he'd try to KO him with a strong blow or chop

Tanjirou will see this coming with Precog, definitely. Upon the realization that he can't fight beat him, he'll likely resort to his very many Stat Amps to try and close the AP gap, as well as his passive Reactive Power Level making him faster the longer the fight goes on.

How does precognition work? It's a very wide ability.

Also I just checked his profile again, he's 16yo in this form so maybe Scorpion wouldn't hold back on a kid, especially one with a weapon.

Quite honestly, I'm unsure on his age. Official wiki says 15, here is 16. So, eh?

Anyways, his Precognition, and I swear he does this, works by smell.

But what does he sense when he uses precog? Precog allows you to see years into the future or body movements but I want to know what kind of precog he has

Okay so first of all this isn't a vote but more of an analysis. Also I'm going to go unconscious after this so yea. And I'm making it more brief this time

Scorpion definitely has the advantage in physicals: AP, dura and lifting strength. Immortality also makes sure that he'll come back from being killed and can also shrug off lethal injuries thanks to his status as a tortured wraith like Noob.

He also has the versatility advantage, being able to use vaporizing hellfire, portals that kill you, BFR that benefits him and harms the opponent in different ways, etc.

KO is possible for Tanjirou but he starts out with an AP disadvantage and he can be taken out any time with hellfire or attacks boosted with it, if Tanjirou's boosts don't amplify him in time to knock out Scorp before he starts pulling out his deadlier abilities then he's going to lose. Otherwise this is incon at best since it's either Tanjirou knocking him out after getting enough power or Scorpion blasting him with the power of the Netherrealm

That's a very good analysis, allow me to rebuttal.

Scorpion:

• Yes, he definitely does possess better physical parameters.
  • Immortality renders him able to come back for a Round 2.
Tanjirou:

• I'd arguably say Tanjirou is more versatile, posssessing far more techniques to use. Furthermore, he can reflect attacks if needed, and constant Regen Negging sword strikes he users as his first move. Getting off those abilities would definitely be a challenge with Tanjirou's Precog + Enhanced Senses, so he would easily be able to dodge the BFR, Hellfire, and portals.
  • Something to note about Tanjirou is that throughout the fight, he will constantly be observing Scorpion's fighting style and deducing it in its entirety despite him having more experience. He'll do this merely by observing him, or the subtle phrases he says throughout the fight. Info Analysis will give him the rundown on any weakness he may posssess.
  • The longer this fight goes on, Tanjirou will passively grow faster and likely stronger, as his reflexes adapt and match the situation at hand. Coupled with the fact that should this fight go in Scorpion's direction, he can activate his Mark of the Sun God, and See-Through-World, which boost his stats immensely and render Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, and Precog meaningless. Even the constantly evolving Akaza couldn't sense Tanjirou, and this is a person who completely overpowered Tanjirou's Precog with just his own Enhanced Senses.

The only thing he wouldn't be able to dodge is BFR, which he can use by teleporting them to the 5th plane of Hell without touching them. I wouldn't call this a starting move, since Scorpion would rather school Tanjirou like what he did to an inexperienced and overconfident Kung Lao seeing how both of them appear as the typical "young and amateur warrior" to Scorpion's pov. But when he's at a disadvantage, he'll regain strength and power using his BFR

yes

I don't think Scorpion would need any of the abilities that are rendered null by STW. Either Tanjirou uses STW and boosts himself long enough to KO or Scorpion uses BFR to end this (which will remove his knowledge of martial arts and powers as well as slowly turn him into a demon)

Is his BFR via thought?

Kung Lao definitely was arrogant, but Tanjirou is everything but. His quote is evidence enough of that, but I digress.

Just raising his hands or grabbing the opponent is how he activates it.

I'm just saying that Scorpion would teach people like him a lesson, you know how anime characters are really headstrong & Tanjirou is no exception. He'd probably say something like "you're not ready for my rage reeee"

Raising his hands? Yikes. Grabbing will likely be unlike, because lolprecog.

Tanjirou is headstrong, I won't deny that. Overall, this looks inconclusive. Scorpion vents mid fight and Tanjirou talknojutsu's him into telling him he's more than rage.

Friendshipality.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Huh... just remembered Tanjirou actually has Social Influencing. Is... is that a wincon?
Depends, really good social influencing can do wonders.

His Social Influencing forced the naturally aggressive Genya (someone who had to watch his brother kill his mother because she slaughtered the rest of the family, and had become a demon, then was outright disowned by that brother) to work with him just by the innocence of his eyes.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
His Social Influencing forced the naturally aggressive Genya (someone who had to watch his brother kill his mother because she slaughtered the rest of the family, and had become a demon, then was outright disowned by that brother) to work with him just by the innocence of his eyes.
I think he would need more than that to calm down Scorpion. He has lived many years suffering in the Netherrealm for his crimes and has to constantly live with the thought of failing his family and clan as well as the lives that he claimed to the point where he wanted to kill himself when he was freed.

Just a few scans showing how deep his rage is 1 2

It also was able to briefly subdue Akaza, someone who had lost everything at a young age, became a criminal and was constantly beaten for his crimes, and lost his second family. It got so bad that Akaza could sense his foster father behind him and literally swung on open air.

Originally believing Tanjirou was unpleasant because he was weak, he got stronger, but found him unpleasant because of his positivity.

Being beaten up by others isn't the same as being tortured in a hellish landscape. I could name a few methods of Netherrealm torture such as being impaled on a stake while burning, having your limbs painfully stretched while on the back of a beast, etc.

Back