• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer: demon physiology help

SaberPhantasy9

She/Her
simply put, the demons in demon slayer have a lot of shared abilities that should be made into one big physiology page, it would make their profiles easier to read and stop cluttering their pages up so you can see their actual unique powers

here is my sandbox for it, please let me know if you have images or other things i missed. i couldn't post an image of a bunch of demons for some reason so here's the one i wanted to put on there as well

latest

thanks to the devil may cry supporters, i used their demon physiology page as a template to make mine

Preferible you should add scans for all those justifications and references so people know where those scans come from.

The bolding of the powers is pretty good and it will help differentiate them from the scans/justifications when you add them but afaik it isn't allowed yet, there is a thread for that right now, And you should add some pictures to help identify the members of each level/ranking for those that aren't familiar with the verse.

Other than that I like it

Also, also, you need to upload your images to discord or imgur to use them here i hate that or upload them directly to the fandom to use them in the wiki directly

Preferible you should add scans for all those justifications and references so people know where those scans come from.

The bolding of the powers is pretty good and it will help differentiate them from the scans/justifications when you add them but afaik it isn't allowed yet, there is a thread for that right now, And you should add some pictures to help identify the members of each level/ranking for those that aren't familiar with the verse.
we dont allow links to certain sites here so i'm not sure where to get the scans
Other than that I like it

Also, also, you need to upload your images to discord or imgur to use them here i hate that or upload them directly to the fandom to use them in the wiki directly
seems weird but okay

update: i've filled out most of the kizuki abilities, so if anyone wants to help get scans for the others it would be appreciated

Okay, here is what I want to say about the sandbox.

Normal Demons:
  • It seems like as if you have included the common demon abilities that are already on the profiles, so there isn't much to say about them outside of a few things:
    • The demons already have all Type 2 Immortality on their profiles, so there is no need to list it as possibly. We've already seen multiple times that body parts can be removed from a demon and they'll be fine even if they are prevented from regenerating. We've seen that with the Temple Demon and Daki and Akaza was completely fine during the time his head was gone as well and he was still in the process of adapting to Nichirin sword decapitation.
    • I've noticed that the scan for Self-Sustenance Type 3 used for the sandbox and presumably taken from the profiles utilizes Discord and our current Editing Rules forbid them, so that should be fixed for the sandbox and the profiles.
    • The justifications you've added for Superhuman Physical Characteristics and Body Control seem fine to me.
  • Adaptation seems fine to me since they do need to withstand Muzan's blood and some demons or people seem to do this better than others.
  • Nakime is far from being a low-level demon. Simply having a Blood Demon Art puts her above demons like those from the Final Selection and if the Upper Moons recognizing the Infinity Fortress despite not having been summoned in 113 years is any indication, then she has been around for centuries just like the Upper Moons. That's probably why Muzan made her Upper Moon 4 and higher-ranked than Kaigaku. I think the Temple Demon would be a valid example of a low-level demon having Hair Manipulation since he managed to wrap his hair around Tanjiro's hatchet which we get to see more clearly in the anime.
  • I would be fine with Age Manipulation since Nezuko was capable of that from nearly the beginning before her body underwent changes while she slept. The fact that Tanjiro derived the possibility of Nezuko being able to do that from her ability to grow helps and I didn't think of using Muzan as an example of another demon having this, so this should help.
  • Yeah, we see some instances of demons having Bodily Weaponry and protecting against claws and fangs from weak demons is part of what the Demon Slayer Corps uniform is supposed to do, so this should be uncontroversial.
  • Size Manipulation has been displayed by a freshly turned and feral Nezuko, so I would be fine with that. I disagree with the Hand Demon and Enmu examples though since the former is simply that large by default as far as we can tell with only Large Size Type 0 on the profile and Enmu fusing with a train is just Fusionism with no indication if he could simply grow to the size of a train by himself.
  • Blood Manipulation is iffy since Blood Demon Arts like for example those of the Swamp Demon, Yahaba and Kyogai don't seem to involve any blood, so you'll need more context for this to be valid.
  • Magic and caster differs based on the translation and there aren't a lot of details, so I can't possibly just agree with this with the currently provided evidence.
  • I'd say that it isn't Empowerment and more like a permanent version of Statistics Amplification. There is nothing involuntary about the strength boost and you can't exactly take it away from a demon by draining their blood. Demon also get stronger from eating humans in general, so it isn't just a matter of blood.
  • Accelerated Development raising statistics and abilities faster than normal and not about having a method of raising statistics and abilities that others don't have and isn't the basic justification for it the same as Empowerments? Shinobu also had the cocoons on the west side to help her come to her conclusion and Rui granted Spider Demon Sister strength, so not all of it came from her actually eating people.
  • Biological Manipulation Resistance is alright for the same reasons as for the Adaption and the demon slayers already have this on their profiles.
  • I think we could add Extrasensory Perception since the Temple Demon could sense something off about Nezuko due to her being a demon, Spider Demon Sister identified her presence as that of a demon and part of the reason the Lower Moons couldn't recognize a shapeshifted Muzan was due to his presence being different.
  • I don't think that Pain Manipulation Resistance can be generalized for all demons since the Temple Demon clearly felt pain and Shinobu thought that torture could be performed on the Spider Demon Sister. Daki also felt pain from Tanjiro's Dance of the Fire God cutting her sashes.
Kizuki:
  • I don't think that the word Kizuki is really needed here since it is just an untranslated Japanese word and we already use the term Twelve Demon Moons on the pages.
Lower Moons:
  • Rui took in weak demons and gave them power and he already has Power Bestowal for that on his profile. This was done with Muzan's permission, so other Lower Moons wouldn't have been able to do the same thing. He never turned humans into demons and this has exclusively been shown as an ability of the Upper Moons aside from Muzan and they can only do that with Muzan's permission. This would give them what is currently on Kokushibo, Doma and Akaza's profiles which would be Limited Corruption (Type 1) and Power Bestowal.
  • The examples you are naming for Weapon Creation are all from Upper Moons and Hairo from the Rengoku Gaiden needed to look for a weapon to use against Rengoku when he ran out of ammunition, so you should probably move that to the Upper Moon section. I'm rather neutral about Upper Moons having this though.
  • Rui is a spider demon which is reflected by his fake family, so him being able to make threads makes sense for him specifically in a way that cannot be applied to other demons of the Twelve Demon Moons. I also wouldn't automatically generalize supernatural abilities unrelated to Blood Demon Arts without further evidence since it should be entirely possible for a demon to develop skills that other demons don't have without them necessarily being Blood Demon Arts.
  • Genya's cells fusing with his gun seems to be related to his Blood Demon Art since it involves bullets and we haven't seen any demon do anything that is comparable to what Enmu did with the train.
  • Telepathy was only displaced by Kokushibo, Doma and Akaza, so this shouldn't be applied to the Lower Moons without further context and we don't know how the situation is with the Upper Moons either, so I would just leave that on those three's profiles.
  • The examples for Biological Manipulation involving Rui and Gyokko are valid but I wouldn't agree with Doma's case since that might just be a habit he developed as a demon for whenever he tries to remember something and there is no direct indication of him actively manipulating his brain. I don't see a reason to generalize this without further context.
  • Generating clothes from one's flesh seems to actually be a general demon ability since the demons from the Final Selection apparently disintegrated together with their clothes and Nezuko had a regenerated and clothed foot in the battle against Susamaru.
  • No Lower Moon has displayed that and Gyutaro, Hantengu and Nakime don't seem to have that, so I would just leave that as something specific for Daki, Kokushibo and Muzan.
  • The Poison Manipulation Resistance makes sense based on the statements. The poison that was used against Gyutaro had a statement of working against Lower Moons, so this indicates that Lower Moons have that as well. Shinobu having a sheath specifically for the purpose of switching between poison mixtures implies that she needed to switch mixtures before and the strongest demons she would have fought before the events of the Infinity Fortress would be the Lower Moons.
Upper Moons:
  • I think Reactive Evolution can be applied to demons in general since Kokushibo stated that Gyomei's growth in the middle of battle rivals a demon's and there was a statement about demons being able to release explosive strength when driven into a corner.
  • I think Gyutaro might be a better example if you want to drive the point home that all Upper Moons have Absorption.
  • I agree with Regeneration Negation Resistance but disagree with Nichirin swords as one of the reasons for the Regeneration Negation Resistance. Kokushibo regenerated after being decapited with Bright Red Nichirin swords which have Regeneration Negation. Nichirin swords in an ordinary state rely on the sunlight contained within them to kill demons upon decapitation and do not stop a demon's Regeneration otherwise, so this should just remain as part of the Adaptation justification on the profiles. I wouldn't generalize this for the Upper Moons either.
The idea of a verse-specific page for demons is alright for me since that will be applicable for a good number of profiles.

Last edited:
most of that seems fine to me
Nakime is far from being a low-level demon. Simply having a Blood Demon Art puts her above demons like those from the Final Selection and if the Upper Moons recognizing the Infinity Fortress despite not having been summoned 113 years is any indication, then she has been around for centuries just like the Upper Moons. That's probably why Muzan made her Upper Moon 4 and higher-ranked than Kaigaku. I think the Temple Demon would be a valid example of a low-level demon having Hair Manipulation since he managed to wrap his hair around Tanjiro's hatchet which we get to see more clearly in the anime.
that makes sense, daki also has it, when i wrote low level demons i basically just meant any demon that isn't one of the moons
Blood Manipulation is iffy since Blood Demon Arts like for example those of the Swamp Demon, Yahaba and Kyogai don't seem to involve any blood, so you'll need more context for this to be valid.
kokushibo also couldnt use his blood demon art (his crescent blades) because genya was using his to drain his blood, so it indicates that bda's use demon blood for this
  • Magic and caster differs based on the translation and there aren't a lot of details, so I can't possibly just agree with this with the currently provided evidence.
do we have an official translation we use or a japanese version for the scans?
  • I think we could add Extrasensory Perception since the Temple Demon could sense something off about Nezuko due to her being a demon, Spider Demon Sister identified her presence as that of a demon and part of the reason the Lower Moons couldn't recognize a shapeshifted Muzan was due to his presence being different.
the presence part makes sense, i thought this would just be more enhanced senses
  • Rui took in weak demons and gave them power and he already has Power Bestowal for that on his profile. This was done with Muzan's permission, so other Lower Moons wouldn't have been able to do the same thing. He never turned humans into demons and this has exclusively been shown as an ability of the Upper Moons aside from Muzan and they can only do that with Muzan's permission. This would give them what is currently on Kokushibo, Doma and Akaza's profiles which would be Limited Corruption (Type 1) and Power Bestowal.
wouldnt this imply that other moons can do it if they just need muzan's permission to do so? rui was the second-weakest demon moon
  • The examples you are naming for Weapon Creation are all from Upper Moons and Hairo from the Rengoku Gaiden needed to look for a weapon to use against Rengoku when he ran out of ammunition, so you should probably move that to the Upper Moon section. I'm rather neutral about Upper Moons having this though.
i forgot about it but enmu also makes knives from his bones and stuff
I think Gyutaro might be a better example if you want to drive the point home that all Upper Moons have Absorption.
what did gyutaro do, i dont remember him having any absorbing

that makes sense, daki also has it, when i wrote low level demons i basically just meant any demon that isn't one of the moons

kokushibo also couldnt use his blood demon art (his crescent blades) because genya was using his to drain his blood, so it indicates that bda's use demon blood for this

do we have an official translation we use or a japanese version for the scans?

the presence part makes sense, i thought this would just be more enhanced senses

wouldnt this imply that other moons can do it if they just need muzan's permission to do so? rui was the second-weakest demon moon

i forgot about it but enmu also makes knives from his bones and stuff

what did gyutaro do, i dont remember him having any absorbing
The Twelve Demon Moons only have twelve members and there are demons all across Japan, so that's a pretty broad definition for low-level demons though the term doesn't fit to Nakime either way since Muzan clearly values her more than the Lower Moons even before he made her Upper Moon 4 and she has been around for a time span comparable to the Upper Moons. You've already mentioned that Daki has this in the sandbox.

I guess that would be a weakness of Blood Demon Arts then? It doesn't seem like as if Kokushibo is actually directly manipulating his blood using his Blood Demon Art, so it seems more like a sort of dependency.

There should be an official English translation since there is an English dub for the anime.

It's Extrasensory Perception since it doesn't involve one of the standard five senses or any other sensory organ. All of the demon profiles also have as part of their Extrasensory Perception justification that they can sense malicious intent, determine how strong someone is to a certain extent and use this to detect an enemy in the vicinity.

Well, Rui got permission for bringing a group of demons together since they otherwise don't really work together. The Power Bestowal seems to be something that Rui is simply capable of and I can imagine that he developed that ability due to wanting to create a family for himself, so I don't see evidence of other Lower Moons having this.

Enmu is the strongest of the Lower Moons and this is also after he received a significant amount of blood from Muzan. It is also used in conjunction with his sleep and dream related abilities.

Gyutaro's profile lists Absorption and has a scan for it. It's specifically about Tengen believing that Gyutaro could have absorbed Daki if he wanted to and with the Absorption feats and statements for other Upper Moons this seems consistent for Upper Moons though I'm not sure if it can be applied to Daki since she is much weaker than Gyutaro.

the anime dub says the demon blood art is a "special spell" and the subtitles call it a "supernatural ability", would that still qualify as magic

edit: also, we see in the hand demon's flashback that he used to look normal, so i think it should still be used as an example, he uses his hands as weapons so it makes sense to me that he keeps them that way on purpose

the anime dub says the demon blood art is a "special spell" and the subtitles call it a "supernatural ability", would that still qualify as magic
Spell seems pretty vague on its own. Is that said on more than one occasion? I'd also say that supernatural doesn't count considering everything that is supernatural and isn't considered magic.

that was the only one i could find, maybe we could list it as "possibly magic"? demons do definitely have something that powers their demon arts as i mentioned with kokushibo

otherwise, i made all the changes.

oh and for the transformation thing, we technically see gyokko and the father spider do it too, just in a different form

oh and for the transformation thing, we technically see gyokko and the father spider do it too, just in a different form
The Spider Demon Father isn't part of the Twelve Demon Moons. There is also how Gyutaro doesn't transform for combat as far as we know and he is much stronger than Daki.

i guess

i think i have everything down now if you want to look.
Okay, you did make some significant changes but I also think that you missed some of the points that I brought up.
  • Self-Sustenance Type 3: The Discord image link still needs to be replaced since using Discord images on pages is currently prohibited.
  • Large Size Type 1 for Size Manipulation
  • Accelerated Development
  • Extrasensory Perception: I'm pretty that the Lower Moons didn't confuse Muzan for a human at that time. They just didn't recognize that it was Muzan. "Able to sense the presence of others and malicious intent, this can be used to differentiate humans and demons, determine how strong someone is to a certain extent or detect an enemy in the vicinity" should be fine to apply to the physiology page since all of the demon profiles have it and Spider Demon Sister could sense how dangerous Shinobu was for her.
  • Fusionism
  • Biological Manipulation
  • Reactive Evolution being exclusive for Upper Moons
  • Weapon Creation: I'm only neutral regarding this and it would be nice to hear more about why all Upper Moons should have that.

Last edited:
  • Weapon Creation: I'm only neutral regarding this and it would be nice to hear more about why all Upper Moons should have that.
Literally only Akaza doesn't do this.
Gyokko makes scales for himself from his flesh that are harder than diamonds.
Gyutaro makes flesh sickles.
Hantengu's clones and zohakuten makes weapons from his flesh also.
Doma makes fans from his flesh.
Kokushibo makes his sword from his flesh.

Literally only Akaza doesn't do this.
Gyokko makes scales for himself from his flesh that are harder than diamonds.
Gyutaro makes flesh sickles.
Hantengu's clones and zohakuten makes weapons from his flesh also.
Doma makes fans from his flesh.
Kokushibo makes his sword from his flesh.
Scales are technically not weapons and their function for Gyokko is more akin to armor. You also have to consider that Nakime is an Upper Moon as well and she doesn't have Weapon Creation as far as I'm aware.

Scales are technically not weapons and their function for Gyokko is more akin to armor. You also have to consider that Nakime is an Upper Moon as well and she doesn't have Weapon Creation as far as I'm aware.
The biwa is made from her flesh I'm pretty sure.

The biwa is made from her flesh I'm pretty sure.
I can see that being the case but we lack confirmation for that as far as I'm aware. Also, I've realized that only Hantengu's Emotion Clones have Weapon Creation with the main body not having that though that might be due to how Hantengu usually acts and fights.

The biwa seems to be made from her body iirc and is specifically used as a weapon to control the fortress so makes sense.
The scales should probably be considered weapons, given shields are weapons, hard scales would be too.

The biwa seems to be made from her body iirc and is specifically used as a weapon to control the fortress so makes sense.
The scales should probably be considered weapons, given shields are weapons, hard scales would be too.
Do you have scans or scenes in mind that indicate this? The possibility is there but that is not enough for indexing purposes without any further evidence. I guess you could view it as a sort of weapon due to her using her Blood Demon Art with it but this would be due to the nature of her Blood Demon Art and not due to any inherent properties the biwa might have as a weapon.
Shields are indeed weapons but they are separate from the body and can be used for ramming. If the scales qualify as weapons, then they would be Natural Weaponry.

We can probably just presume the biwa is made from her flesh since every other upper moon does that, why wouldn't Nakime do that?

Arkenis, do you also mind taking a look here

Back