• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deluge of the Abyss (Upgrade to High 1-A or 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duedate8898

They/Them
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So Deluge of the Abyss.
Bet you haven't heard about this one before.

Anyhow, as one of two supporters of this verse, I have taken the liberty of making both a cosmology page and this thread so as to both gain supporters (since I think that's actually one of the things required for the verse to even hang around here at such a high level) and get it placed where it needs to be.

Here is the blog by the way:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Duedate8898/Deluge_of_the_Abyss_Cosmology

Since it's a lot of information, I won't be restarting all of what's there, instead, I will speak about what I am unsure of and see what is to be decided.

Cosmology:​

So for sure, I believe it is unrefutable that Deluge of the Abyss reaches into High 1-A. And the reasoning for that is simple:
1. The verse in-story speaks of set theory as how existence is structured, the exact quote coming from Chapter 5 of Battle is an Art: Sharpening the Pencil being:
“Set theory,” Alex’s head twitched to the side then back, “Well not really theory at the moment, can be used to explain how our existence is structured. To a point at least, eventually you enter a realm where ideas such as logic can no longer exist.”

Herah noticed the small frown and another shift in Alex’s scent which told her the thought bothered him greatly.

“Anyhow, set theory is a math thing which I’m pretty sure the rest of you don’t know, so the simplest explanation I can give is that if you look at everything a certain way, you can get different sized infinities and that logic is what our Maker used when structuring our bit of existence.”

“Correct Soothsayer!” Sparks and lights erupted around Alex, showering him in a dizzying arrays of colors, “Axioms remind me too much of Chaos to not use them when structuring my Sandbox.”

2. There are two direct quotes of each separate level being inaccessible in comparison to the one below it in-text in the very same chapter:

Quote 1: “Because we come from a vastly smaller infinity.” Alex spoke low and quiet, the carefulness in his words easy to hear for everyone present, “An aU is larger than an inaccessible cardinal while what we come from is a part of an uncountable cardinal.”
Quote 2: “Well Artist, you see a single aU is large enough to fit every uA there is into it without ever getting full. No matter how many or how large the uAs you add up and stack upon one another, they’ll never be able to reach the size of an aU. Likewise, a single uA” Within each sphere, a single one of the white towers was plucked out and enlarged to the point that Herah could make out the dizzying number of black floors that filled them, “Can fit every ua there is and never get full. Once again, no matter how many or how large the uas within get, they’ll never be even a percentage the size of a uA. Infinitely smaller you see. You all come from a ua, or what you would refer to as a universe.”

3. The on-site page talking about the verse's cosmology has these statements:
By all accounts, you could fit every single aE into a single Ii.
Much like with iI, every AU can be placed within a single aE.
An AU could fit within itself every AUi if made properly
every single ua could fit within just a single uA.
A single aU could fit within itself every uA.

Which while not directly referring to anything as inaccessible, when combined with the previous in-story explanations, does seem to imply that every level spoken of is inaccessible to the one beneath.

That however is what leads me into my unsureness of what to do with the levels of existence starting from AU and going up. Is what's stated in the blog enough evidence for them to go past High 1-A and into 0 or is it all just larger levels of High 1-A?

With that covered, I will now bring up the feats that are present for characters to actually scale to High 1-A and possibly 0 below.

Feat 1: Norwe Survives the Destruction of and Restores An Infinite Number of aUis​

Occurring within the prologue of Battle is an Art on Title's Change:

Norwe’s smile actually warped to reach up to the sides of their face.

“Jock-“

The angry figure pulled back their blade and spun before cleaving straight through Norwe’s abdomen.

For only a quarter of a second, the top of half of Norwe’s body floated up from the bottom as their smile never left them.

And then the universe exploded into cosmic confetti.

“REEEWWWIIRRPAGASSKOBCHI!”

The squealing of many different species of children was heard as both Norwe and the other figure appeared within a blank and endless white “space” with a twister of green tearing through and away from them while a glowing orange and rapidly shapeshifting baby screamed in joy from within said twister.

“Look at what you did War,” Norwe mockingly scolded the other figure as they summoned the baby to themselves, causing the tiny orange thing to fly out of the twister and into their arms. Its form shifted to that of a pile of tendrils, a cherub with the head of a lion, a stack of nearly blank papers, a tadpole, etc. “You destroyed five iterations of my Sandbox’s aUs with that swing of yours.”

“If that’s what it takes to get you to call me by my name,” War put their blade back on their back as they let out a sigh that signified their voice shifting back to that of a little girl’s, “Then I’ll shed no tears.”

“But did you have to destroy every one of the parallel AUi that those aUs inhabited?” Norwe looked down at the baby once again, its form now that of a pink amoeba wriggling around in their grasp with a tac sized hole in it, “You know I purposely make it so they can exist independently of each other.”

War rolled their eyes.

“As if restoring an infinite amount of AUis takes any sort of strain on your part,” Norwe watched as War looked towards the twister that was getting “further away” with a hard stare, “Earlier you asked what was on my mind.”

Norwe took note of their sibling’s tone, the quiet contemplativeness having caught their interest, as they gave a glance to the hole where the eye of the now human-looking and happily wiggling baby should’ve been. With a rapidly collapsing star now in their grasp (no hole in sight) Norwe tilted their head to the side and let out a curious hum.

Comparing this to the blog, Norwe has just recreated five separate groups of infinite High 1-A structures this feat would qualify as High 1-A.

Feat 2: Norwe Destroys and Recreates Three aU​

The following feat occurs in Chapter 5 of Battle is an Art, Sharpening the Pencil:
“Think about it Artist,” Norwe waved a hand and the three spheres alongside all but one of their towers shattered and collapsed into nothingness. This single tower then crumbled, leaving only one of its black floors to be enlarged until it resembled an expanding universe, filled with clusters of galaxies. Further zooming, led to a familiar looking star system with a white dwarf as its center.
“Now, we’ve spent far too long off-topic,” Norwe gestured towards, “To summarize, if you fail to win, I’ll destroy your aUs again.”

“Again?” Max and Herah asked together, both glancing at one another just after they said it.

“Earlier when I said those were your aUs, I meant that in the literal sense.”

Herah’s mind immediately went back to when the spheres shattered. Herah’s nose twitched, the abrupt shift in Max’s and Owen’s scent telling her of their own revelations.

“Oh my go-,” Owen’s face paled as he placed a hand to his chest and began to take deep shallow breaths while breaking out into a cold sweat.

“Owen,” Max had gotten up from her chair and walked over to the gnome, petting his head, “You’re okay.”

Owen paused, blinking a few times before looking at Max a bit confused.

“Oh yeah, I am.”

Max smiled at Owen and gave him a pat to the head.

“Good, I’d hate for you to feel torn up.”

Herah paid little attention to this, her eyes beginning to glow green as flames of the same color began to waft from between her clenched teeth and flaring nostrils.

“Why?” Herah’s question came out low and harsh, her hands flexing and popping their claws.

“Because he felt like it Ashbrain, simple as that.” Glancing at Alex, Herah found the human sitting in his chair and tapping his nose while glaring at her, “Any question you have for him, the answer is going to be he felt like it. That’s how Maker’s work, they do whatever they want without a thought.”

“You’ve met three of us Soothsayer,” Another Norwe stood next to Alex, patting the now wide-eyed humans head while shaking their own, “If only you weren’t so blind.”

With a blink, the Norwe clone was gone and the only one to remain was the original Maker still seated in their chair. With a snap of their fingers, the three translucent, orange spheres from earlier reformed themselves and disappeared.

Referring back to the blog, these should be High 1-A structures as well, so another High 1-A feat.

Feat 3: Jeffery Cracks Norwe's Sandbox​

Occurs within the same chapter as the feat right over this one:
Jeffery swung their butt end up towards Norwe, as the Maker flung out their bottom right hand to intercept.

Jeffery imagined an orange glowing baby shattering into nothingness.

I will nullify most of Jeffery’s attack with my own.’ Was the thought that Jeffery caught from Norwe.

KRSSH!

The subspace the two stood within shattered as they made contact, red lines of Presence spreading out and shooting through the endless and timeless void that surrounded them at a speed beyond that of linear time. As the lines traveled through the liquid black, Jeffery felt them pass what were best described as millions of grey boxes that easily dwarfed both the pencil and Maker in size. A proton compared to a universe would describe something infinitely larger than Jeffery and Norwe compared to the boxes. Each box held within itself uncountable amounts of oranges spheres, like the ones Norwe had summoned earlier except much larger in scale, with watery black separating them into equally as uncountable groups. Orange chains larger than Realities bound these spheres together, an endless amount for each group to stay connected.

In an instant, everything and the nothingness it floated within was red.

The liquid blackness cracked.

The boxes cracked.

The spheres cracked.

The chains cracked.

In that same instant, everything within Norwe’s multiverse had cracked.

“No worries Jeffery,” Everything and the nothingness they floated within vibrated violently as the Maker laughed, “I won’t tell her a word.”

Norwe dropped their hand down as Jeffery flipped themselves back over to have their lead pointed at the Maker.

“Whoo, it’s been a while since I’ve done an eA.” Norwe looked around, a low whistle somehow filling the void, “Would’ve destroyed my entire Sandbox if I hadn’t chosen to nullify most of your greeting with my own.”

Jeffery spun slowly in place, their tip always aimed at Norwe’s neck.

“In fact, your oE managed to reach and crack the iI.” Norwe winked at Jeffery, “Let’s hope your Expression didn’t wake up the idiot.”

Depending on what's decided for the levels of existence starting from AU and going up this is either another High 1-A feat or a 0 level feat.

The affected profiles would be the only three for the verse at the moment:
Herah
Jeffery
Norwe

I think that's pretty much all of it, hopefully this goes well.

I've asked both Ultima and Elizaha here since those are the two staff members who are supposed to know about this type of thing, and I've asked Ant what other members to contact for this. No responses yet

Question what would change in the current profiles?
From this, Norwe's profile would get a flat upgrade, while the other two would get upgraded while Presence amping. Also possible upgrade to speed for all three.

From what I read this is sure a 1-A+ but I’m not sure about High 1-A tho
I would think one level being inaccessible to the next even with stacking greater infinities is pretty much textbook High 1-A

I would think one level being inaccessible to the next even with stacking greater infinities is pretty much textbook High 1-A
I got that, but I’m still in doubt due to the High 1-A qualifications being very “strict” but no doubt that the Cosmology got 1-A and 1-A+ constructs, so High 1-A is possible, anyways we should contact Ultima to check this.

He's been contacted, more just waiting for him to reach back.

iI seems fine, to me at Tier 0, from reading the blog and the proposal.

Couple with the context of transcendence, A aU being larger than an inaccessible cardinal should be enough for High 1-A. Past c layer around 2^Aleph_null which related to the maximum numbers of dimensions (R^R [low 1-A]) you can have you get 1-A. Inaccessible cardinals dimensions/layers are High 1-A.

iI transcends aU time over, in short, to the point I could see this line from the Tier 0 requirement being valid: characters at this level must transcend High 1-A characters as High 1-A characters would transcend 1-A ones.

Edit: Which keys get updated?

Last edited:
iI seems fine, to me at Tier 0, from reading the blog and the proposal.

Couple with the context of transcendence, A aU being larger than an inaccessible cardinal should be enough for High 1-A. Past c layer around 2^Aleph_null which related to the maximum numbers of dimensions (R^R [low 1-A]) you can have you get 1-A. Inaccessible cardinals dimensions/layers are High 1-A.

iI transcends aU time over, in short, to the point I could see this line from the Tier 0 requirement being valid: characters at this level must transcend High 1-A characters as High 1-A characters would transcend 1-A ones.

Edit: Which keys get updated?
The keys that would get updated are the Presence Amping keys for Herah and Jeffery, while Norwe gets a flat upgrade.

Everything starting from the aUs being High 1-A seems fine by me, though most of the following levels would be just higher degrees of High 1-A, given how the comparisions done between them are pretty quantitative (The AUs containing every variation of every aU within their smallest units of time, for instance), and the whole "Each greater level can contain infinite amounts of the lower ones without ever getting full" thing can be accomplished pretty comfortably by being a single level higher into the tier.

On the other hand, the text does seem to state that there are levels where logic ceases to exist and formal systems like Set Theory fail to describe anything, which would be fine for Tier 0 by me, since they transcend the descriptive frameworks defining High 1-A layers entirely, instead of being quantifiably bigger in relation to them. Is there any information on what those levels are?

No direct statements nor solid hints really point towards which levels are being referred to in that instance. The only places that points to anything of such nature would be at either the iI, due to how the text seems to imply something strange about the space and how Presence is needed to make sense of it, or the IiE which is pretty much the same with the added benefit of unmaking even things that don't exist that are there.

I didn't think Norwe would really get Beyond Dimensional Existence (Type 3) and Large Size (Type 11) due to how the first two at seem contradictory to their Non-Existent Physiology and because they're never really attributed such things within the context of thier story. And speed is the same since it requires you to exist over the concepts and that isn't ever stated or really shown I don't think.

I mean, doesn't all 1-As gets BDE by default? Its the same case with the High 1-As afaik

>And speed is the same since it requires you to exist over the concepts and that isn't ever stated or really shown I don't think.

But wouldn't he get Irrelevant speed by default due to being High 1-A/0?

I mean, doesn't all 1-As gets BDE by default? Its the same case with the High 1-As afaik

>And speed is the same since it requires you to exist over the concepts and that isn't ever stated or really shown I don't think.

But wouldn't he get Irrelevant speed by default due to being High 1-A/0?
I think that kinda weird to reward that to characters in general, but in Norwe's case I really do think it's contradicted. And it's a definte no for both Jeffery and Herah since even with the amping both are still the same size.

And while Norwe is said to manipulate concepts, there is nothing stating their superior to them especially since a lot of the setting has it so both Time and Space can reach sizes such as High 1-A.

That was where Elizaha had suggested it starting and there was the place I best believed that statement to be pointing towards as well. Though I did not give as much evidence as I could've when presenting the idea:
When it comes to aE and below, what all is described is just one of the possible examples for how existence might be structured. As cited here:
Before moving any further, it most be noted that around this point is where the structures of existence will highly diversify due to Maker’s greater control in how their creations are structured. Moving forward I will be citing the model popularized, surprisingly enough, by Norwe.
This points towards the iI being outside of Norwe's own creation which is where Alex would be pointing to when he says that logic can't exist, since up top, he seems to only refer to Norwe's aE when speaking about Set Theory.

Though that's all the support that currently exist for it, which is why I can agree with removing the possibly if you don't think it enough as good support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back