• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Hax and Versatility vs. Strength and Experience

I hope this is fair.

Speed Equalized.

Evil Karma Delsin.

Delsin starts with Smoke.

Delsin rowe by anubisdhl-db6t3a7
vs.
Garnetart

Oh me oh my

Well honestly, leaning towards Delsin. Even though he's hilariously outclassed in strength and fighting skill, his sheer ruthlessness and hax make this an easy him.

Evil Delsin is extremely liberal with his hax, and even though smoke doesn't have that much hax going for it, it's ability to let him turn into ashes makes it extremely difficult to hit him. This should give him enough time to switch to his other powers, which lets him one shot in numerous ways. Neon is especially dangerous since it lets him freeze opponents in time and transmute them from far away.

Eventually, Delsin turns Garnet into particles and calls it a day

Ok, what about precognition? Garnet can see and process at least three or four possible timelines, in vivid detail, in a single second. Just pointing that out for those that don't know.

I was gonna ask about that, how consistent is it? Cause I know she still gets tagged by other people on her level quite often like Jasper.

But even then, Delsin has multiple summons to overwhelm her and protect himself and can possible use Eugene's method of BFR to send her away. He does have several methods of blowing back and playing the range game.

Every single time we see it used it shows the same level of consistency. Garnet really isn't much one for dodging, preferring to leap into a fight head first and match her enemy blow for blow.

Yeah, I can definitely see that happening once Delsin gets his hands on Video and Neon, but with Smoke, Garnet's precognition would prove quite troublesome.

Well that kind of straightforward approach is gonna harm Garnet here more then help her. Delsin is primarily a ranged fighter, so once he see's that his smoke attacks have no effect and that she's trying to close the distance, he's gonna do everything he can to get away and switch to a new power, and the fact that he can turn intangible is gonna help a lot.

It may be a bit a bit difficult for Delsin to escape long enough to drain a new power source what with Garnet's precog, but considering that he can use vents and fan systems to travel through buildings and amp his speed via smoke dash, and he could potentially use his smoke to blind her long enough to break line of sight, it's more likely that he gets away from Garnet long enough to switch to a new power like Neon or Video (those are his usual go-to's when his smoke fails), which will let him one shot via matter hax

Doesn't Garnet's body being a hard light projection of her gem screw her over hard here? What stops him from absorbing?

Can Delsin even absorb video constructs like that? If not, then he probably couldn't absorb Garnet unless she had to reform or something.

Not too sure honestly, the way he drains video is weird. He can apparently only drain it from TV screens, but then he turns around and uses it to form hard light constructs fight with. There's also the fact that he can use it to turn into radio waves and travel around

He doesn't get one shot cause he can turn into whatever element he's wielding at the time, which protects him from physical damage. All this takes is a thought to activate and speed is equalized.

Also, even with precog, is she impossible to hit? I remember her being tagged by the likes of Jasper and the Lapis water clone of her.

Most of Infamous games relies you on hitting something big and shiny and something enemies use to recharge. Not all the time but see Bertrand and other glowing vulnerabilities of enemies. Heck Delsin deals with DUP troopers who use rock powers and can regenerate if you don't interrupt them. So high likelihood of Delsin interrupting any attempt to regenerate aka smashing that glowing bit that remains whenever Garnet 'dies'

If you get tagged despite having precog and your main tactic is charging in nonstop then it becomes not as useful as one might think. Yes, it's useful. But it also doesn't help when your enemy pulls off wide aoe based attacks. Most of Delsin's abilities have such effect.

Also, typically Garnet's respawn would often tire out opponents, but not Delsin. Heck he can go for concrete worst comes to worst. That'll be hard to put down considering concrete can be everywhere if we're going by New York standard battle field assumptions.

Also Delsin FPAMRA

I mean, if all her stuff is light but the gen, its not like there'd be anything left for him to attack. He'd find the gem by virtue of there being nothing else to hit.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because its made of energy and unless he specifically destroys her Gems she can regenerate
I thought they were made of photons? Also pretty sure that she isn't made of pure energy or she'd be intangible. The body is created from energy, sure, but it has to become matter afterwards, otherwise Garnet wouldn't be solid

Because it's not like she only has one set of gauntlets. She can summon as many as she needs. We see this with Pearl summoning multiple spears, and even Garnet herself creates new gauntlets after detonating the ones she fires off as rockets. He can "atomize" them all he wants but he's never gonna get rid of them for good.

I don't think you know what atomization is

She has Low High regen, the type of regen you need to survive from a blood drop

Atomization needs High to regenerate

Gem Regenerationn is weird; you can atomize parts of their body, but as long as the gemstone is fine, it grows back, because that body is not actually them, Garnet's real body in the gemstones, everything else is just a projection; Low-High is only if you damage the entire body at once.

That being said, Delsin FRA.

The "Their" in "That doesn't help when their gone" was clearly refering to her gauntlets, since you where responding to a comment saying "He couldn't find her Gems though, because her gauntlets cover them"; her gauntlets aren't her entire body, but whatever ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Don't think I've voted, so I'll go for Delsin for my reasons and the ones typed by others.

Back