• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathwing vs Kratos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
Deathwing vs Kratos (God of War)

Rules:

Kratos: 7 (EliminatorVenom,ItalianGuy1234,Delta3000,Burning Full Fingers,Byakuya "Senbonzakura" Kuchiki,FDrybob,God-King Superman77)

Deathwing: 3 (Zanybrainy2000,Preds43,WilliamShadow)

Inconclusive: 0 ()

Bump Counter: 20

Character Stats

Kratos Render
The hands of death could not defeat me, the sisters of fate could not hold me, and you will not see the end of this day, I will have my revenge!
~ Kratos​
Summary
Born and raised in the ranks of the violent Spartans, Kratos became a respected general in his ranks but had to beg the God of War, Ares, during a battle with the Barbarians to avoid the Spartans' defeat. Ares listened to Kratos and bounded a pair of curved, chained blades to his forearms to physically represent Kratos' servitude to the god of war. This, however, ended as Ares tricked Kratos into slaughtering his own wife and daughter. After having the white ashes of his deceased family bound to his skin, Kratos headed out and sought revenge against his former master.

Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-C, likely higher | At least 8-C, likely higher normally. 6-C with Gauntlet of Zeus | At least 8-C, likely higher normally. 6-B with Pandora's Box | At least 6-B | At least 6-B, likely higher | At least 6-B, likely 6-A | High 6-A | At least High 6-A

Name:
Kratos.

Origin: God of War

Classification: Spartan, Demigod, God of War and Death.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Weapon Mastery, Time Manipulation, some form of Magic Dispelling, Electricity Manipulation, Soul Summoning, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Can create a shadow clone of himself, Can drain the life force and magic energies of opponents on contact with them, Can channel his divine energy into other objects such as weapons to amplify their effectiveness | Fire Manipulation, Light Projection, Can breathe underwater | Electricity Manipulation (Zeus' Fury and Poseidon's Rage), Petrification, Soul Summoning | Can create Pseudo black holes/voids, Ice Manipulation (via Boreas' Icestorm) | Can project Sharp gusts of wind, Petrification (via Medusa's Gaze), Earthquakes, Energy Projection, Time Manipulation (Amulet of Uroborus), Resistance to Fate Manipulation (The Sisters of Fate, who determine the destinies of the Gods and Titans, were unable to use their powers to actually force Kratos to lose, resulting in Kratos killing them instead) | Summoning (Army of Sparta and Soul Summon), Energy Projection, Electricity Manipulation, Light Projection, Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Soul Manipulation (Claw of Hades) | Telekinesis (can wipe out entire armies), Telepathy, Pocket Reality Manipulation, Can materialize various weapons out of thin air, Can sense beings thousands of miles away, Size Manipulation, Shapeshifting, immortality (Type 1), thousands of years worth of combat knowledge, Regenerationn (Mid-Low), Flight

Attack Potency: At least Building level+, likely higher (Capable of overpowering massive monsters of this size) | At least Building level+, likely higher normally. Island level with Gauntlet of Zeus | At least Building level+, likely higher normally. Country level with Pandora's Box (Killed Ares) | At least Country level (Killed Thanatos, who is at least as strong as Ares) | At least Country level, likely higher (Has the powers of a God of War and Death) | At least Country level, likely Continent level (Battled Zeus, although only hurt him due to the Blade of Olympus and trickery, killed Poseido) | Multi-Continent level (Equal to Zeus) | At least Multi-Continent level (Killed Zeus with his bare hands)

Speed: Transonic+ with Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed | Hypersonic+ reactions (Double digits Mach range, reacted to a point blank explosion from Persephone) | Massively Hypersonic+ reactions (Able to evenly match and overpower Ares in CQC) | Massively Hypersonic+ reactions | Hypersonic+ movement with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions | Massively Hypersonic+ combat and reaction speed | Hypersonic+ with the Boots of Hermes via power-scaling (Should be faster than the Leviathan, which scale Olympus in about a second or two), far higher in short bursts with Massively Hypersonic+ combat and reaction speed | Unknow, likely higher

Lifting Strength:
Class K+ | Class K+ normally. Class M with Gauntlet of Zeus | At least Class K+ normally. Class M with Pandora's Box | Class M | Class T+ | Class G | Class P | At least Class P, likely higher

Striking Strength:
At least Class GJ, likely higher | At least Class GJ, likely higher normally. Class EJ with Gauntlet of Zeus | At least Class GJ, likely higher normally. Class ZJ with Pandora's Box | At least Class ZJ | At least Class ZJ, likely higher | At least Class ZJ, likely Class YJ | Class NJ | At least Class NJ

Durability:
At least Building level+, likely higher | At least Building level+, likely higher normally. Island level with Sun Shield (Can deflect blasts from Persephone, who damaged the Pillar of the World with her death explosion) | At least Building level+, likely higher normally. Country level with Pandora's Box (Tanked many attacks from Ares. Tanked Ares'Death Explosio) | At least Country level (Tanked a volcanic eruption that destroyed the island of Atlantis, also battled and killed Thanatos) | At least Country level, likely higher | At least Country level, likely Continent level (Endured hits from Poseidon) | Multi-Continent level (Equal to Zeus) | At least Multi-Continent level

Stamina:
Massively Superhuman+

Range: Several dozen meters melee range, possibly several hundred meters with magic | A few hundred meters melee range by sheer virtue of size, likely several kilometers with god powers

Standard Equipment: Blades of Chaos, various bladed weapons, Amulet of Uruborus, Oath Stone of Orkos, Eyes of Truth | Gauntlet of Zeus, Sun Shield, Triton's Lance, Charon's Mask | Blade of the Gods, Blade of Artemis, Poseidon's Trident | Blades of Athena Arms of Sparta, Thera's Bane, Automaton Gear | Barbarian Hammer, Spear of Destiny, Blade of Olympus, Golden Fleece, Icarus Wings, Head of Euryale, Typhon's Bane, Amulet of the Fates | Blades of Exile, Claws of Hades, Nemean Cestus, Nemesis Whip, Bow of Apollo, Head of Helios, Boots of Hermes, Hades Soul

Intelligence: Kratos was a Spartan Commander who won many battles, experience battling many supernatural foes. He comes up with brutally creative ways to kill his enemies, so they won't be a future obstacle. He has also solved numerous puzzles throughout his adventures, most of them created by some of the most brilliant architects of his time, such as Daedalus, who built the Labyrinth of Minos, and Pathos Verdes the 3rd, who built the Temple of Pandora.

Weaknesses: Kratos has immense anger management problems, making him prone to reckless and needlessly violent behavior, and impeding normal judgment.

Key: Ascensio | Chains of Olympus | GoW1 | Ghost of Sparta | God of War Kratos | GoW2 | GoW3 | With the Power of Hope

Deathwing

Pain... Agony.... My hatred burns through the cavernous deeps. The world heaves with my torment. Its wretched kingdoms quake beneath my rage... But at last... The whole of Azeroth will break... ...And all will burn beneath the shadow of my wings...
~ Deathwing​
Summary
Deathwing the Destroyer, formerly known as Neltharion the Earth-Warder, was one of the five Dragon Aspects and leader of the black dragonflight.

Thousands of years ago, Neltharion was empowered by the Titans with dominion over the earth and the deep places of Azeroth. However, driven mad by the Old Gods, he turned against the other Aspects during the War of the Ancients. Among both mortals and dragons, his name became one whispered with a feeling of fear and contempt.

Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 6-B

Name:
Deathwing the Destroyer, formerly: Neltharion the Earth Warder

Origin: Warcraft

Classification: Dragon Aspect

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Immortality (Types 1 and 2), Earth Manipulation Magic, Fire Manipulation, Telepathy, Status Effect Inducement, Possession, Can Summon lesser Dragons to his side to aid him in combat, Resistance to Low-level Magic, Can attack souls, Can ignore Intangibility

Attack Potency: At least Large Country level

Speed:
Unknow (Flew from Blackrock Mountain to Stormwind in less than a minute)

Lifting Strength: Unknow, likely at least Class T (His awakening reshaped Azeroth.

Striking Strength: At least Class YJ (Can easily shake entire continents and cause massive natural disasters)

Durability: At least Large Country level (Tanked attacks from the other Dragon Aspects, including Alexstraza, is an equal of Mannoroth)

Stamina: Extremely high (Was only felled by a massive raid of the finest Adventurers, but even then he was gravely wounded by the other Dragon Aspects at the time)

Range: Several dozen meters due to his sheer size, Several hundred meters with fire breath and magic, Multi-Continental with the use of his Aspect

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Deathwing is ruthless, cruel, and cunning, using every resource he has at his disposal with no regard for the lives of others. In the past, he has enslaved his arch nemesis and rival, Alexstraza, to the Horde in order to remove her as an obstacle for many years and helped conduct countless experiments on his fellow Dragons in order to generate a twisted army under his command. In addition, he has an innumerable number of years of experience in combat as a Dragon Aspect, allowing to duel armies of Azeroth's strongest Adventurers even with the assistance of the Dragon Aspects.

Weaknesses: Deathwing is rather overconfident and completely insane

Reasoning?

Bump

While Kratos is outclassed in raw power, his haxxy capacities are greater than Deathwing's own, and with a combination of great stamina, time manipulation, life-force draining and pseudo-black hole creation, he should be able to win after a lenghty, hard fight.

ItalianGuy1234 said:
Kratos mid difficulty, his hax is a counter to everything Deathwing has.
Not possession.

@Krukov Possession will be useless, for one Kratos blitzes and again he possesses some incredible telephaty with reality warping, force drain, time stop and telekinesis. To add on: how does his possesion work? If it's via mind Kratos is extremely resistant to it, if it's with via Soul Kratos is potentially resistant to it since he absorbed the power of Pandora's box which corrupted all of humanity and took control of all the gods.

Speed is equal. Kratos does not have reality warping, or time stop on his profile. And this is God of War 1 Kratos.

I'm unsure as to how Deathwing possession works, you will have to ask a Warcraft expert for input.

@Krukov I missed that part. That's just wrong then, GoW1 Kratos has the same powers as Ares who has pocket dimensional manipulation and mind hax.

Pocket dimension manipulation and reality warping are different powers. I have also added your vote to Kratos btw.

About Deathwing possessions, i can't remember him possessing anyone. But I looked up battle.net forums and apparently he did it to archbishop Benedictus by just looking at him.

Also IIRC during the spine of Deathwing encounter one of his tentacles can mind control you.

@Bepo

Doesn't matters much. Kratos is resistant to mind manipulation, and should be resistant to possession, given his soul and mental resistances.

Kratos could win this with his hax but with extream difficulty due to Deathwings stat advantage.

What kind of status effects can Deathwing use?

I can't find the list of his powers as there not available on the WoW wiki page.

I did manage to find this:

"Deathwing is a terrifying opponent who is as cruel as he is vicious. He cares nothing for honor or nobility, striking with whatever weapons and cunning he has at his disposal, reveling in causing earthquakes and ripping open volcanic fissures. He often sends his minions into combat while he surveys the battlefield, striking at whatever weaknesses he discovers." source

Hmmm, I'll try to find some info. The stuff @Krukov mentioned here is the kind of thing that Kratos is used to.

From the little that I've managed to find about Deathwing (mostly here. Tbh, I could find more, but I am a bit too lazy atm), the Congealing Blood ability will be really problematic if Kratos doesn't strategizes and starts to use his AOE attacks. Overall, I still see Kratos winning this, but with even more difficulty at the beggining of the fight.

From the little that I've managed to find about Deathwing (mostly here. Tbh, I could find more, but I am a bit too lazy atm), the Congealing Blood ability will be really problematic if Kratos doesn't strategizes and starts to use his AOE attacks. Overall, I still see Kratos winning this, but with even more difficulty at the beggining of the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back