• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Accuracy Scale [CONTINUED]

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Cal, the Mega Man X version is 420c; but he's got a much better speed feat in the Mega Man Zero series.
Edit: Here's the feat. And oh wait, Dark Elf is only trillions of C and was thinking of .EXE's feat.
The Dark Elf feat, correct? Sorry, one royally stupid question: how much is a "c"?

C is speed of light; trillions of c means trillions of times the speed of light. And the calc is linked to the profiles, so.

Current screwatrack supes (weaker than Shazam) is 3-B/4-A and Toei's Goku (since they used movies and GT) is 3-B to 3-A with dragon fist. So, Goku would have indeed won that battle.

Also, Goku fought meta cooler, hat could tag his instant trasmission. Outlier? Yes. But screwattack does use then a lot.

Ted Ed said:
Current screwatrack supes (weaker than Shazam) is 3-B/4-A and Toei's Goku (since they used movies and GT) is 3-B to 3-A with dragon fist. So, Goku would have indeed won that battle.
No shit

That fight was before V came out tho so it was good for the time (why even is DMC 3-A?)

Older bosses being reevaluated iirc

Vergil still lacks the speed to keep up with Sephy, and Sephy's hax can still negate durability such as with Transmutation.

Now, an important thing about these fights is we have to judge them based on the information available at the time of their release. This affects things like Dante vs Bayonetta, Vergil vs Sephiroth, Ragna vs Sol, and a few more.

However, due to the reevaluation of certain info, we can say that Dante was 3-A at the time of his fight because DMC4 was out at the time, so their reasoning of "yeah, Dante would kill her, but it would take a while for him to actually hit her" kind of make sense now, especially since she would tire out before he did.

But for clarity, Vergil was his DMC3 + DMC4 prequel stuff because 5 wasn't out yet and Nelo Angelo technically isn't Vergil.

Ragna did not have access to True BlazBlue because the game it was introduced in wasn't out yet.

Side note, Metal Sonic seemed to focus purely on the games, despite using comic panels, as they only referenced one feat from the comics that he should be able to do in game anyway.

LIVE, DISCUSSION THREAD! LIIIIIVE!!!

Anyway, so Green Lantern vs Ben 10 was not that accurate, because they used Pre-Crisis feats based on misinterpreted comic text. I'm sure people will complain about it on the podcast.

Also, a quick thing about this thread. We're judging purely on accuracy, whether it's a stomp or not. I think we can divide it into something like this:

1-25: Correct outcome, good research

26-50: Correct outcome, weak research

51-75: Wrong outcome, but decent research. Missed a few details

76-106: Wrong outcome, bad research.

Animation will be used to break ties if necessary

So going through the series again, I'll put together a list of Death Battles that fit the category, in no particular order:

Right, Good: TMNT, Haggar vs Zangief, Master Chief vs Doomguy (at the time), Thor vs Raiden, Batman vs Spider-Man (no prep), RoboCop vs Terminator, Godzilla vs Gamera, Deadpool vs Deathstroke, Ragna vs Sol (at the time), Iron Man vs Lex Luthor (mainly because of Luthor acting in character), Snake vs Fisher, Vader vs Doom, Dan vs Hercule, Hawkeye vs Green Arrow, Pokemon vs Digimon, Joker vs Sweet Tooth, Tracer vs Scout, Hulk vs Doomsday, Zoro vs Erza (only because she hadn't fought Irene yet at the time of release), Lara vs Nathan, Venom vs Bane, Voltron vs Megazord, Natsu vs Ace, Metal Sonic vs Zero, Balrog vs TJ Combo, Smokey vs McGruff, Naruto vs Ichigo, Black Panther vs Batman, Crash vs Spyro, Leon vs Frank, Ryu vs Jin, Jack vs Afro, Ultron vs Sigma, Roshi vs Jiraiya, Thanos vs Darkseid, Mega Man BR, Marvel vs Shazam, Wario vs Dedede, Weiss vs Mitsuru, Johnny vs Falcon Aang vs Edward, GR vs Lobo

Right, Bad: Samus vs Boba, Akuma vs Shang Tsung, Zitz vs Leo, Yoshi vs Riptor, Kratos vs Spawn, Mario vs Sonic 1, Luke vs Harry, Chun-Li vs Mai, Thor vs Raiden, He-Man vs Lion-O, Shao Kahn vs M. Bison, Ivy vs Orchid, Pokemon, Fulgore vs Sektor, Ryu vs Scorpion, Kirby vs Buu, Ragna vs Sol (at the time), Boba vs Samus 2, DK vs Knuckles, Mega Man vs Astro Boy, Pokemon vs Digimon, Dante vs Bayonetta, R&C vs J&D, Flash vs Quicksilver, Ken vs Terry, Amy vs Ramona, Scrooge vs Shovel, Thor vs WW, Sephiroth vs Vergil, Jotaro vs Kenshiro, Raven vs TS, Mario vs Sonic 2, Aquaman vs Namor, BW vs WM, Ben 10 vs Green Lantern (because of the Pre-Crisis stuff for GL)

Iffy: Starscream vs RD (Don't have a profile for Starscream), Link vs Cloud (Basic arsenal makes it up in the air), Felicia vs Taokaka (no Felecia profile), Fox vs Bucky (no Bucky profile), Beast vs Goliath (no Goliath profile), Wolverine vs Raiden (debate over vibro-blade effectiveness), Meta vs Carolina (Coin toss with AI abilities), 18 vs Marvel (depends on whether 18 would speed blitz before Binary appeared), Sora vs Pit (Always a coin flip here, depending on what calc happened most recently), Daredevil vs Nightwing (Again, coin flip)

Wrong, Decent: Vegeta vs Shadow, Eggman vs Wily, Zelda vs Peach, Ryu vs Strider, Batman vs CA, Bowser vs Ganon, Mewtwo vs Shadow, Cammy vs Sonya, Sub-Zero vs Glacius, Lucario vs Renamon, Shredder vs SS

Wrong: Bad: Rogue vs WW, Bomberman vs Dig-Dug, Pikachu vs Blanka, Goku vs Superman, Tigerzord vs Epyon, Gaara vs Toph, Guts vs Nightmare, Goku vs Superman 2, Yang vs Tifa, BB vs 2099, Carnage vs Lucy,

Joke: Goomba vs Koopa, Bieber vs Black, Chuck vs Segata, DP vs PP

Technically Goomba vs Koopa was a serious fight.

Technically Meta vs Carolina was partially made by RoosterTeeth, the creators of Red vs Blue, so it's like RT saying who they think would win canonically Or maybe I'm completely wrong

Sora vs Pit was right, Pit was only 6-C while Sora was Tier 4.

Carnage vs Lucy is iffy or at the very least to me, honestly. What did they calc Lucy's island explosion feat at in that episode?

Zelda vs Peach was right, but bad. This isn't Zelda as Hylia, remember, and I beleive Death Battle's rules would make Peach 4-A at the time.

Since GT stuff was used, Goku vs Superman 1 is wrong since they only used Post-Crisis Supes while Goku would be 4-A via Toei canon.

@General

Kind of, but the main thing that threw me with it is their idea that Akuma would go "Ooh, a new opponent! Let's see how this guy does!" made it seem wrong to me, since early DB used the story of the fight to explain their verdict

They used Super Saiyan 4, meaning they had to have used GT feats. Even ignoring the 3-A feat, GT is still really high end 3-B.

@Titan

Because Scrooge is way faster than SK and once the physics-breaking guns Scrooge has are used, SK can't do anything

I have some problems with SK's speed actually. There's a knight in the game who can use CtG lightning for his attacks after all.

@Smashor

While they analyzed G v K in a semi-serious tone, they did the same thing for Bieber vs Black, so I consider it a joke since it's between two jobbers

Yes I know, but according to our site, Meta vs Carolina can go either way based on their abilities, so that's why it's iffy to me

Base Pit vs Sora would make that right, but the gave Pit the Three Sacred Treasures, and since the calcs for both Pit and Sora frequently changed what level of Tier 4 they are at those levels, I put it as iffy

Carnage can regenerate from molecules, so even if Lucy nuked him, he would come back and wear her down eventually. He's also way faster than her except for her most powerful state, so it's wrong, as much as I hate to admit it

That was a typo on my part, Zelda vs Peach is right but bad

Yep, that's why G vs SM is in my Wrong, Bad category

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
TitanCrusher101 said:
Strange VS Fate is very accurate?
Going by our pages no.
We don't even have a page for Doctor Fate outside of versions that aren't canon anymore (or weren't canon to begin with), so I have no idea where you're getting this from.

Which is the main problem with your summation, since the Death Battle's outcome was based on the most recent versions of the characters as of that date, not their classic versions. (although a few classic feats were used for both anyway for basically no reason, because Death Battle is fucky like that)

Id say I would put Mega Man BR somewhere on the very top, as it looks like EXE hellablitzes and AP stomps.

Back