• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Accuracy Scale [CONTINUED]

TitanCrusher101 said:
Bump, anyone wanna argue Sorvoe's top 10 and bottom 10? I would start to, but I'm sure it makes the most sense for multiple people to debate about it.
I did say that both of Shadow's matches were accurate as base gets sh*tstomped by the Saiyan and the Pokémon well before he goes super.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Um, really? Regarding the animation alone, what was that ending?
Yeah, it was over the top and out-of-character, tho every Death Battle ending was supposed to be brutal back in the day.

The real cal howard said:
TitanCrusher101 said:
Bump, anyone wanna argue Sorvoe's top 10 and bottom 10? I would start to, but I'm sure it makes the most sense for multiple people to debate about it.
I did say that both of Shadow's matches were accurate as base gets sh*tstomped by the Saiyan and the Pokémon well before he goes super.
Saiyan used Archie Shadow, so that one was actually inaccurate.

I'm going to say this right now, joke battles shouldn't really be anywhere near top or bottom 10.

Joke battles include: Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro, Deadpool VS Pinkie Pie, Rebecca Black VS Justin Bieber, and Pikachu VS Blanka. I believe these are all of them, let me know what you guys think of this.

You can't judge it as a joke battle just for the ending. You need to see their reasoning for the results

I thought their reasoning was a joke as well. Kidding, my bad guys. I understand now that it's just a very very stupid fight.

If I wasn't too lazy, I'd make top 106 most stupid fights.

Calaca Vs said:
They said that Bayo is physically stronger so no. Try again ovo.
Yeah another right verdict for wrong reasons.

They say Bayo is stronger but Dante is faster and tougher

We say Bayo is faster but Dante is stronger and tougher

We need to upgrade Base Bayonetta back to Massively FTL+ from Weekly's calc.

@Medeus: Do you have the link? I am curious about it.

How does Astro Boy vs Mega Man hold up? While it's true that Mega was pretty downplayed back then, especially given how much stronger he was considered in later matches, Astro still is a 4-C due to his GBA game.

Right here, it was considered an outlier a while back due to it being done by a fodder character, but if 3-A Dante is back... I'm joking by the way, Argosax isn't fodder and is not quite the same case

And yes, Astro Boy as his peak is 4-C atm, but he's much slower than Mega Man's combat speed; plus Mega Man has a bunch of more hax with black hole manipulation and times stop among other things.

Ah, I remember that, yeah I read the discussion where it was argued whether or not it counted as legit. So 3-A Dante is a thing again? Neato, at the very least the argument is a good more detailed this time (while I never had an argument or proof, I always had the feeling he was below is actual level... and I feel similar with Bayo, tbh.)

Right, I had forgotten equalized speed is more of a local optional rule. Though, Combat Speed? I thought we considered all speed appliable. Or you mean, that Astro's top speed is still slower than Mega's reactions?

Edge of Time Astro Boy is probably 3-A, too bad obtaining gameplay of the game is practically impossible.

Oh yeah, Mega Man does have Massively FTL+ travel speed with teleporters, but he is Massively FTL normally; though he doesn't usually run that fast in game yes. Combat speed is the most important speed category regardless though.

The strongest Astro is the one from a children's card game. Lol

I am starting to see a pattern here, japanese VN and similar really like their OP characters.

I also like Bowser better, he just has more personality and really shines whenever he's given prominent roles in the RPG games. Also yeah Bowser vs Ganon should be near the bottom of the list for several reasons.

For me is a thoughie, I love both for different reasons. It was one of the battles where more than seeing two winners I didn't want to see any of them lose.

But I agree with the disdain here for the battle, especially the NLF.

I hate Nintendo vs Nintendo matches. I hated Peach vs Zelda, I hated Bowser vs Ganon, and I didn't want Wario vs Dedede.

Kirby and Mario are legitimately god awful in debating communities it's why I'm not looking forward to waiting for it ay all.

I don't mind Ninendo vs Nintendo matches, but whenever they do it the only thing that pops into my mind is that there's more fitting opponents from outside Nintendo they could use for these characters. Ganon for example should've have fought Dracula due to having more stuff in common with him than he does Bowser, but they instead went with "Hey look two Nintendo villains who kidnap princesses" which is...bleh.

The debates of ether's power levels are tiresome, exhausting and often extremely irritating due to constant fighting among both. The fact people there tend to act arrogant condescending and toxic about one of them when they don't agree with the others viewpoints Ect Ect.

This mainly my experience so people here probably don't see it but it's mainly why I don't enjoy ether series in a vs premise.

Ah, I see what you mean. Can't talk much about Mario, but Kirby does have some fans that take offense when he is not considered the most powerful character in fiction, or just won't stop talking how invincible he is (go to any Smash related parody vid/comic/meme and you'll see it). So I get your point.

Though I initially thought you meant that given the many appearances both characters have, their many games and power-ups, pinpointing an accurate analysis was annoying due to all the inconsistent stuff. My bad.

It can be bad in the opposite direction of that to tbf. I don't like Kirby getting disrespected cause if this hobby. Especially when some feats are debatable right.

The real cal howard said:
I hate Nintendo vs Nintendo matches. I hated Peach vs Zelda, I hated Bowser vs Ganon, and I didn't want Wario vs Dedede.
I agree with the first two being pretty horrible (I would not say that I hate them), but Wario vs Dedede is a very good idea; They can safely approach the Kirby-verse without risking a lot as Dedede stomps. ..Or in this case is just more likely to win, which works too.

Js250476 said:
It can be bad in the opposite direction of that to tbf. I don't like Kirby getting disrespected cause if this hobby. Especially when some feats are debatable right.
I get what you mean, and don't get me wrong Kirby is undoubtedly formidable, and I can imagine there are people who underestimate him due to the cutesy designs of his games and such. But I meant more extreme cases, such as talking about Shulk or Rex or other powerful Nintendo character being strong in their own right, and some will pop over and talk down them and hype Kirby, or a parody comic or meme where Kirby is part of a joke and fans will go on rants on how since Kirby beats abominations repeatedly (which nobody denies is true) the comic is wrong, yadda yadda.

Yeah, it's annoying how a lot of Nintendo characters get horribly downplayed.

Yeah, Luigi is the true hero of the series; no one cared with Ridley smashed Mario's head, but everyone freaked out by what happened to Luigi's confrontation with Shinigami.

Back