• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
So... yeah whoever made the profiles of Death Stranding really mucked things up big time.

So let's begin!

Beached Things

Sam Scaling​

Wall level for them is okay but... Sam is scaled to them on his profile. BTs have this nasty tendency to cause Voidouts when they interact with any living matter. This means Sam can't touch the dang things without a boom. This is ALL types of Beached Things by the way, this is why you can't just leave dead bodies lying around, Beached Things will pop up and another porter will walk into one accidentally, boom, Voidout. So Sam cannot scale to Beached Things. His vehicles can though.

Durability problems​

All right so first of all, Sam has weaponry made with his blood that can attack BTs and dissipate them. The stronger ones scale to him in Durability, and we'll cover him later.

The other problem: Universe level Durability, even under a possibly, is a HUGE nono, Beached Things are not Beaches, this is proven by Sam and Higgs not being Beached Things despite their connection to Beaches(that's where he gets his immortality type 4, BTW).

Immortality​

Beached Things only dissipate and cannot be killed, the soul destruction listed on the weakness section never happens in-verse to my knowledge so that's bunk, and I don't know quite what kind of Immortality this this.

Voidouts​

These things need to be a much bigger note then they are on the profile for above reasons. Voidouts happen when a Beached Thing contacts Living Material, it's to the point where their active AP actually doesn't even matter for most fights, if it's living, a Beached Thing is bad news bears.

Higgs Monaghan

Ability additions

Fusionism+Damage Transferal:

Higgs fuses a bunch of Beach Things and is the ONLY weak point on the thing, this could also be argued as some kind of Inorganic Physiology, for reasons of a Voidout not occurring

Sam Strand​

Durability​

Death Stranding is pretty futuristic... Sam is listed as eating Anti-Tank rockets on his profile. The M1 Abrams was made in the mid-1980s. Do you see what's wrong with Sam being only Wall level in Durability? If you didn't, that's a 9-B+ or 9-A feat, but it's also questionably an Anti-Tank rocket and not some kind of RPG so there ya go, scale under a "poesibly" to an M1 Abrams in Durability, for the rocket feat and call it a day.

Oh, and NOTHING can fly, so don't know where the whole helicopter thing comes from,

AP​

Every enemy in the game can harm Sam, and he can harm them back, 9-A, scaling to those who can harm him.

Oh, and everybody scales to this!

Speed​

Supersonic travel speed is good at first glance... then you realize it is physically impossible for Sam to cross those 900 Kilometers in 20 minutes, he uses a whole lot of zip-lines to do so, so it goes under "Supersonic Travel Speed with Preparation"

And I havent a damned clue what to replace the travel speed with!

Abilities and Resistances​

All right so, you can't go underwater in Death Stranding, so Underwater Breathing is posh.

Construction via Preparation is a baseline power for Sam, to create shelters from Timefalls and whatnot, though it must be connected to the Chiral Network to work, hence prep.

And Resistance to Poison Manipulation... Sam takes it a little better then normal humans and requires a massive power-draining Oxygen Mask to go through the poison.

God damn it, It's been a good long while since I beat death stranding😭😭😭 shoulda made a discussion thread first man

I can't even comment on this since there's a lot to brush up on and a second game coming out😭😭😭

Also Supersonic would still be consistent with his bullet dodging and perceptions so just his travel speed will be downgraded

God damn it, It's been a good long while since I bear death stranding😭😭😭 shoulda made a discussion thread first man

I can't even comment on this since there's a lot to brush up on and a second game coming out😭😭😭

Also Supersonic would still be consistent with his bullet dodging and perceptions so just his travel speed will be downgraded
LMFAO, honestly I just saw problems and talked to the person in my household who completely finished the main story at the beginning of the year to review profiles and note what's wrong with them, and then combined those reviews with my own active scaling knowledge

Yep!

Yeah, I even noted that it'd be Supersonic travel speed with prep

LMFAO, honestly I just saw problems and talked to the person in my household who completely finished the main story at the beginning of the year to review profiles and note what's wrong with them, and then combined those reviews with my own active scaling knowledge

Yep!

Yeah, I even noted that it'd be Supersonic travel speed with prep
Fair man I'll have to put death stranding on my major backlog for series I need to do calcs for

Back