• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory and FLDSMDFR Upscaling

Here is a small upscaling I am thinking of for two of Flint Lockwood’s most powerful inventions within the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs verse. I do think that the Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory should also scale Flint Lockwood much higher due to it being by far his most powerful invention, so keep that in mind as well.

The FLDSMDFR
Sorry I couldn’t find the clip for this feat, but in the first movie, when Flint asks Sam how much time they have before the end of the world, Sam replies with about 20 minutes. I feel like this line could upscale the FLDSMDFR a lot, as it confirms that not only the FLDSMDFR could "destroy the world," but it could do so within around 20 minutes (though this is likely an estimate, it would probably be around this time frame). As for the "destroying of the world" statement, I think it is pretty vague wether or not this means the FLDSMDFR would kill all life on Earth or destroy the planet itself, so I would say at minimum the FLDSMDFR would be Multi-Continental level and the maximum it would be is Planet level. I also think the island form of the FLDSMDFR could scale to Island level with its abilities, as Chester V stated that the FLDSMDFR drastically reshaped the island within a matter of 3 days.

The Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory
I know that I already made a page for the Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory, but I wanted to mention two things that could possibly scale the machine even higher. So at the end of the episode, we see that Old Man Rick gets sucked into a random portal right before the episode ends. While it is unclear what this portal is meant to represent, it could likely be the Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory, as it did form into a portal-like shape when sucking up the various planets and galaxies. If this was the case, then the Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory’s durability could scale to its AP. The second more bigger point of discussion is an update on the Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory’s AP. While I am fine with it being Universe level, there is a bit of evidence from a different episode of the series that could likely make it scale even higher. In the season 2 episode "Flint TV," it is confirmed that various television shows are their own separate universes (which can be seen at the end, where two aliens from one of the shows were capable of invading Earth with their technology, as well as one of the characters in the show having a mental breakdown after realizing they were in a show), which can also be further proven in the fact that Mayor Shelbourne has a switch that is capable of turning off all of television if they do not stop Brent from interrupting various shows (which he also stated that anything on television will be gone forever upon doing so, with Sam also stating that this would make anything on television (such as Brent) be stuck in a sort of TV limbo). With this in mind, it could be very likely that the Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory destroyed these said television universes when itself destroyed the universe (as the switch that can cause all of these TV universes to be destroyed is in the school, which was likely destroyed by the Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory). I feel like this could upscale the Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory to at least High Universal-Multiversal level, but if anyone disagrees with this evidence, I still think Universe level is fine enough for the Flint Lockwood Vacuum Factory.

So with that being said, what are your overall thoughts on this rescaling?

Back