• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Sephi vs Vergil Discussion Thread

Assaltwaffle said:
Alright, but if the two above keep going at it and attacking personal details then I'll have to do something.
>Remember that time you were going to close a thread? Sonic? ovo

Been taking a look around at reactions and all that. Unsurprisingly, people are divided. Kinda more so than usual among a vocal minority. Then again, Dante and Vergil are kinda held on a pedestal among some people (they do have their cool factor through the roof, not gonna deny that) and while Sephy has tons of fans he also has many detractors.

There is stuff around like saying DB made Sephy win to please FFVII fans, that they nerfed Vergil and such. They kinda did, according to this wiki's info, but so they did with Sephy and much more so >_> Some say his healing factor should have been stronger, but I kinda guess that's mostly due to Dante's fight treating it as outright immortality.

The most amusing example, TvTropes says that even Sephiroth's fans think he should have lost and that Vergil didn't stomp because he was downplayed. If I had to take a guess, this sort of thing is because RPG characters get the "it's just gameplay" card pulled to them too easily and DBs previous fights with FFVII made Cloud and Tifa look unimpressive due to the previous cutscene only approach.

To be fair, Dante dodging Nevan's lightning and scaling that to Vergil would have made him much faster right? Then again, the Bahamut Fury feat and scaling to Zack makes Sephiroth faster than Vergil, so it kinda goes both ways, IMO.

Starryknight200 said:
Yeah this is a website where Mario is faster than Sonic and would beat Goku. I can see why people would doubt its credibility.
Enless your talking about dbz goku, I'm pretty sure super goku is a bit faster so he one shots and has a speed advantage

Starryknight200 said:
Yeah this is a website where Mario is faster than Sonic and would beat Goku. I can see why people would doubt its credibility.
To be fair, I honestly think we are becoming less 'fringe'. I am starting too see us being cited in db discussion.

So thats a plus.

It is hard to get over the pre 2016 Dark ages but we have improved a lot in quality. In time I hope we win the trust of the general public back.

Yeah most people don't care about this hobby anywhere near as munch as people here do so you gotta understand why they might seem ignorant to you

To be honest, it's quite a shock for a lot of new people just how crazy powerful some character in fiction turn out to be according to this site's information. Myself included. Many hold the likes of Goku or Superman as the highest you can get because of how much they embrace in story their power (Goku shakes the earth when powering up, fights bad guys who destroy planets on screen; Supes punches casually someone to another country and flies to the sun in the meantime, crazy stuff like that).

It isn't until you read feats and calculations that it begins to sink in how strong fictional characters can be, even if their story isn't visually over the top or something similar.

I think this whole idea of 'Verse Equalization is why people-- including myself-- will never truly see VSBW, Death Battle, or anything like that too seriously. The fact of the matter is these universes are anything but equal and to have each fight as accurate as it could be, you can't get rid of those differences. Of course I get why equalizing universes that are so ludicrously different makes debating easier and I don't know what you'd do differently but that's my two cents.

@Starry: I see what you mean, I don't really disagree. While you can make points here and there, when VS debating you still make a lot of assumptions and are choosing to interpret things in one way or another to even the grounds. You can establish criteria and make things work out according to it, but many may not agree with said criteria.

@Js: A nice surprise when I found Saint Seiya characters were so strong. And holeee crap Digimons are insane.

Absolutely true hell I was kinda surprised on how strong the strongest DC characters were especially when I'm more used to characters like Superman,Wonder Woman,Flash Ect.

TartaChocholate said:
Been taking a look around at reactions and all that. Unsurprisingly, people are divided. Kinda more so than usual among a vocal minority. Then again, Dante and Vergil are kinda held on a pedestal among some people (they do have their cool factor through the roof, not gonna deny that) and while Sephy has tons of fans he also has many detractors.

There is stuff around like saying DB made Sephy win to please FFVII fans, that they nerfed Vergil and such. They kinda did, according to this wiki's info, but so they did with Sephy and much more so >_> Some say his healing factor should have been stronger, but I kinda guess that's mostly due to Dante's fight treating it as outright immortality.

The most amusing example, TvTropes says that even Sephiroth's fans think he should have lost and that Vergil didn't stomp because he was downplayed. If I had to take a guess, this sort of thing is because RPG characters get the "it's just gameplay" card pulled to them too easily and DBs previous fights with FFVII made Cloud and Tifa look unimpressive due to the previous cutscene only approach.

To be fair, Dante dodging Nevan's lightning and scaling that to Vergil would have made him much faster right? Then again, the Bahamut Fury feat and scaling to Zack makes Sephiroth faster than Vergil, so it kinda goes both ways, IMO.
They did mention Dante's immortality limit in the previous deathmatch it just that Bayo didn't have what needed to kill him, meanwhile with Seph, he hit Vergil with a supernova

WeeklyBattles said:
@Zero No, Bayo does have what she needs to kill him, they just didnt allow her to use it
I am still salty via Dante vs Bayo.

And trust me when I say this, I like both basically equally.

But the dante regen wank made me want to jump off a cliff.

Although to be fair, it isnt as bad as Yang vs Tifa...

I almost dropped rwby because of that collab. I was that salty </3

The only Death Match I was salty about was Sups vs Goku

They kept wanking that Superman is literally unbeatable which is BS

ZERO7772 said:
The only Death Match I was salty about was Sups vs Goku
They kept wanking that Superman is literally unbeatable which is BS
I feel like DB needed to look up the definition of 'No Limits Fallacy' after that episode tbh.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Zero Do you want to look at the profiles to see for yourself or should i just explain it? :p
Ruin my opinion weekly san~ Lul

(I only have a Goku bias when it comes to against superman ngl)

Edit: Which is the worst db?

Superman vs Goku or Bayo vs Dante?

KinkiestSins said:
Bruh, as a huge fan of RWBY I find that match extremely stupid, horribly innacurate, and a ridiculously blatant advertisement. Doesnt help that Yang's VO tried to make the fight canon later on in an interview...

WeeklyBattles said:
@Zero Do you want to look at the profiles to see for yourself or should i just explain it? :p
From what I gathered she have one weapon that can vaporize her enemies thus making Dante's regen useless, that is the main argument I saw for Bayo side

WeeklyBattles said:
KinkiestSins said:
Bruh, as a huge fan of RWBY I find that match extremely stupid, horribly innacurate, and a ridiculously blatant advertisement. Doesnt help that Yang's VO tried to make the fight canon later on in an interview...
Especially around that time, rwby was still getting good.

I think we can all rwby has only gotten better since volume 1.

Volume 1-2 were like the rwby dark ages.

Thankfully I kept watching, RWBY is building an identity for itself and becoming great.

KinkiestSins said:
Which is the worst db?
Neither. Tracer VS Scout has both of those beaten by a country mile.

(And yes, I knew Scout was outclassed the minute the match was announced. But the episode itself still managed to suck in spite of getting the outcome right.)

MrKingOfNegativity said:
KinkiestSins said:
Which is the worst db?
Neither. Tracer VS Scout has both of those beaten by a country mile.
(And yes, I knew Scout was outclassed the minute the match was announced. But the episode itself still managed to suck in spite of getting the outcome right.)
Tracer vs Scout is only bad because overwatch is toxic and tf2 is elitist.

Play both, but jesus they can be bad fandoms--

Yeah, despite numerous flaws in the research, at least the outcome is legit. To be honest, it is a massive stomp in Seph's favor assuming accurate research. Much of the comments section do seem really upset; most noticeably those people trying to push for 3-A Mundus again. And they think Vergil scales to it for some reason.

ZERO7772 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
From what I gathered she have one weapon that can vaporize her enemies thus making Dante's regen useless, that is the main argument I saw for Bayo side
Physiclly she's immensely more powerful than him, about 2.0302553e+15 times stronger. Even if they wanted to disregard the part about Madama Khepri controlling the sun, she still beat the crap out of Jubileus, who can tank the destrcton of Jupiter like its nothing.

In her BASE form she is roughly 11332546598 times faster than him in his strongest form

Contrary to what they claimed, Quicksilver is not a counter to Witch Time

Her weapon Bazillions can desintegrate opponents on an atomic level

Her sword Shuraba has a more potent soul manipulation than what Dante has shown to be able to resist

Madama Butterfly is more than powerful enough to kill Dante, he is nowhere near strong enough to take her down

She has multiple ways to cancel out damage such as the Yellow Moon Lollipop (Invulnerability), Pulley's Butterfly (Damage Negation), Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa (Attack Reflection), hell, her normal forcefields are more than capable of taking what Dante can dish out.

She can literally go into three alternate realms parallel to the human world and attack him from there while she's invisible and intangible, or she can just straight up BFR him to Inferno with any one of her demons.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, despite numerous flaws in the research, at least the outcome is legit. To be honest, it is a massive stomp in Seph's favor assuming accurate research. Much of the comments section do seem really upset; most noticeably those people trying to push for 3-A Mundus again. And they think Vergil scales to it for some reason.
Lol I swear the devil may cry fandom likes to basically dartboard some wonky scaling in hopes their character to win.

I honestly think dmc fans don't know half the characters they are debating against.

@KinkiestSins:

I found it bad due to how poorly they managed to research both sides.

Like, even Tracer's analysis had inaccuracies all over the place, and she wound up being the victor.

Plus, the fight itself made it clear that the whole thing was just a steamroll for Tracer. All they had Scout do throughout the animation was:

• Miss a bunch of swings
  • Activate Bonk
  • Get a couple of hits in
  • Lose
@Medeus:

I don't think the DMC fandom is ever going to drop Universe level Dante, even in spite of how stupid the whole concept of it is. This means I get to keep making fun of it though, so it's not all bad.

Back