• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Its not set in the mcu or tied with it, its their own thing, unless any possible revived 90s show wanna bring ultron in, not happening
Funny thing in decades of Marvel comics I don't think that plotline has ever been entertained either also I just assumed since the Avengers were already an established team in the OG X-Men cartoon, that at least one their main reoccurring major villains (Ultron) already existed in the continuity even though he has never been shown or mentioned.

Funny thing in decades of Marvel comics I don't think that plotline has ever been entertained either also I just assumed since the Avengers were already an established team in the OG X-Men cartoon, that at least one their main reoccurring major villains (Ultron) already existed in the continuity even though he has never been shown or mentioned.
The 90s Spiderman name drops the Avengers in the very 1st episode, so it exists in the 90s X-Men too given the two crossed paths

Though afair Ultron didnt get brought up or shown in either shows, except the Avengers United They Stand from 1999

Trying to be hopeful and at least gives some ounce of white pill

DB got till May 10th of Friday aka two weeks to give us something on the shows fate

So let assume DB managed to live somehow and someone gave enough shit to keep the crew the crew or whatever
How do they attempt a rebrand if they can't keep the name

@Tipper17 They likely just do what SNK did and just change the name to something similar but not 1 to 1. In terms of the actual name, the crew's creative enough to find some substitute for Death Battle, they can name it Grudge Match (Ignoring Peter Segal copyright issues) or something along those lines that can roll off the tongue the same way DB has for a while. If they do plan on bringing the show back it'll likely take some time.

@Tipper17 They likely just do what SNK did and just change the name to something similar but not 1 to 1. In terms of the actual name, the crew's creative enough to find some substitute for Death Battle, they can name it Grudge Match (Ignoring Peter Segal copyright issues) or something along those lines that can roll off the tongue the same way DB has for a while. If they do plan on bringing the show back it'll likely take some time.
Well being hopeful here
Do they just make season 11 the new season 1?
Cause assuming the crew pulls thru there more or less staring from scratch here

Pretty sure we had this conversation already but if they cannot use DB, they cannot say it's season 11 otherwise they'd run the risk of copyright infringement, and knowing WBs they'd likely screw them over if they did such a thing. It would have to be just season 1.

And acting they can just go independent would be sustainable is just lol
They can go independent, again ERB done that, thing is, they release new videos after long intervals between them with money given by fans iirc, Death Battle basically goes back to S1-S2 schedule, but youtube isnt forgiving you for long waits as such, let alone such gap will take 2-3 years to finish a season

They can go independent, again ERB done that, thing is, they release new videos after long intervals between them with money given by fans iirc, Death Battle basically goes back to S1-S2 schedule, but YouTube isn't forgiving you for long waits as such, let alone such gap will take 2-3 years to finish a season

OK and? It shouldn't be about view counts these days, so long as the loyal are keeping what remains alive.

OK and? It shouldn't be about view counts these days, so long as the loyal are keeping what remains alive.
Sad reality is, if you make money out of youtube and such, you gotta do constant uploads, whether you care of views or not, whats the point of making lets say 1000 views for a video which you payed money to make and be barely viewed too

Are there any MUs that are the equivalent of babies fighting?
maxresdefault.jpg

You wanna see babies fight?

I can only make assumptions as to why but tbh I believe that RWBY had better odds at continuing then Death Battle because, regardless of its quality and reputation, being an original IP that isn't reliant on utilizing other IPs is less volatile to buyers and is a less risky investment.

Of course this is all my speculation and I'm honestly surprised that RWBY has a chance of continuing, but the only thing we can do is wait and see the upcoming news.

I find it lowkey amusing how even the DB community hates RWBY to the point the show continuing is considered a curse.
The sad thing is that I actually like RWBY unironically, it's not great but after watching nine volumes I do think it's better than what I was told about it, so seeing it getting shat on constantly makes me feel bad even though it's not anyone's intention to do so

I can only make assumptions as to why but tbh I believe that RWBY had better odds at continuing then Death Battle because, regardless of its quality and reputation, being an original IP that isn't reliant on utilizing other IPs is less volatile to buyers and is a less risky investment.

Of course this is all my speculation and I'm honestly surprised that RWBY has a chance of continuing, but the only thing we can do is wait and see the upcoming news.

Rwby lives while DB gets the old yeller treament
thie timeline sucks ass

The sad thing is that I actually like RWBY unironically, it's not great but after watching nine volumes I do think it's better than what I was told about it, so seeing it getting shat on constantly makes me feel bad even though it's not anyone's intention to do so
I respect that you do bro, but after what they did to Ironwood….

I respect that you do bro, but after what they did to Ironwood….
You know on the one hand I'm probably one of the few insane individuals out there that doesn't mind what they did to Ironwood, but on the other hand I do acknowledge that the way they handle it was pretty bad in all honesty and I'm not going to defend the writing team for that.

Though given that I'm autistic IRL, I suppose that how I'm wired mentally makes me more willing to accept the flaws of the show and I think the positives are enough for me to look past the number of flaws. Still I completely understand why people don't like the show, and if they don't like it but don't hate on others who do like it then I'm okay with it.

Trying to be hopeful and at least gives some ounce of white pill

DB got till May 10th of Friday aka two weeks to give us something on the shows fate

So let assume DB managed to live somehow and someone gave enough shit to keep the crew the crew or whatever
How do they attempt a rebrand if they can't keep the name
Well being hopeful here
Do they just make season 11 the new season 1?
Cause assuming the crew pulls thru there more or less staring from scratch here
Pretty sure we had this conversation already but if they cannot use DB, they cannot say it's season 11 otherwise they'd run the risk of copyright infringement, and knowing WBs they'd likely screw them over if they did such a thing. It would have to be just season 1.
Season 1 for legal reasons, but season 11 in spirit is pretty much how I would see them going about it if they're able to rebrand.
These.

And with both fighters being babies it ironically alleviates the guilt of baby murder for some.

Back