• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I think this is the first short from Death Battle which outright spoils the outcome of an episode as opposed to keeping it in the "dark". I don't know why I find that funny, but it's nice for them to tell the viewers how the episode ends instead of feeding them enough so they would want to watch the episode

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't read titles

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't read titles
I can't really say that I'm free of committing that mistake so I don't want to say anything that could be used against me, lol.

Ronald McDonald VS Colonel Sanders when???
I looked into the way future and DB will in fact do Ronald vs Sanders in the future. Spoiler alert: Just as they're about to finish off each other, Wendy's comes in clutch and erases them out of existence by roasting and insulting them so badly that they end up being annihilated.

But better question...who has better food on a consistent basis between McDonalds and KFC?

oh....
I mean, just....wow. Like I have suspected for months that Rooster Teeth was on its last legs of existence, but actually seeing it happen in the flesh brings out this surreal and almost hollow feeling in me.

Regardless of my personal feelings to the company, I genuinely hope that the people who work at RT can find new jobs really soon and that any ongoing RT franchises can either conclude or continue on without RT, it sucks ass but hopefully others can flourish from this

You know, I just realized something: Assuming that Season 10 is going to be the last season of Death Battle, and assuming Season 11 never happens, it's pretty ironic that the hypothetical last episode included a character who is essentially meant to personify the inevitability of the end itself and the death of all things in the form of Unicron.

It is a very big coincidence tbf and I don't think Death Battle was trying to be serious about it, but there is poetic irony in the fact that one character they brought represents the end and now Rooster Teeth is coming to an end.

I was just about to share a screenshot of this same tweet from Casey, but I'm glad someone shared it instead.

Though yeah...it's becoming a little apparent that this announcement came out of left field and no one was told by the higher ups at RT that they were shutting down, which is likely why Casey was so surprised by this. So even as they die, Rooster Teeth can't help but continue their tried and true tradition of ******* over their employees without a single shit given by them.

431794077_3477706972495010_8639663930942008095_n.png

Welp they gonna sell their IPs

You know the more tweets that come out that reveal people were left in the dark about Rooster Teeth's closure and that they didn't know about this until new outlets started reporting it, the more I think to myself: "Wow! WB Discovery and David Zaslav are real pieces of shit right now!"

I mean obviously RT was on its last legs of being a thing, but it's absolutely disgusting that no one was told about in advance till it was too late...and the fact WB didn't say anything to them is frustrating. I can say that without hesitance that, alongside other recent **** ups, David Zaslav continues to shred away the good reception WB has while simultaneously canning movies and following trends which have been met with universal panning and bomb financially. I hope that the guy ends up getting canned as CEO if WB continues down this road under his leadership.

You know the more tweets that come out that reveal people were left in the dark about Rooster Teeth's closure and that they didn't know about this until new outlets started reporting it, the more I think to myself: "Wow! WB Discovery and David Zaslav are real pieces of shit right now!"

I mean obviously RT was on its last legs of being a thing, but it's absolutely disgusting that no one was told about in advance till it was too late...and the fact WB didn't say anything to them is frustrating. I can say that without hesitance that, alongside other recent **** ups, David Zaslav continues to shred away the good reception WB has while simultaneously canning movies and following trends which have been met with universal panning and bomb financially. I hope that the guy ends up getting canned as CEO if WB continues down this road under his leadership.
Look while zaslav is an asshole I don't think this was his decision

Look while zaslav is an asshole I don't think this was his decision
Hmm...that's a fair point to be honest. Though a part of me feels like that since Rooster Teeth was one of their subsidiaries, Warner Bros could've done something with RT in order to keep people interested and invested in them. But I suppose it is too late for that and, at the very least, I hope all the employees at RT can find new work and that things like DB can exist independently.

Regardless of what lead to this point, it is still dickish that none of the higher UPs from RT or anyone from WB told anyone about this

Back