• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
IMG_7015.png
image.png
the only parts i really liked

Gotta say, I enjoyed this fight for what it was. Felt maximum levels of respect for both characters, though I still personally feel this battle should've been saved for the final season.

That being said, aside from the fight itself, where they scaled Super specifically has some interesting implications. I don't know if y'all were paying attention, but they legit used Goku breaking through Hit's timeskip as proof for him being immeasurable. If that applies to anyone who upscales from that fight, including Hit himself, who improved a good deal since then, and during the fight, was still somewhat keeping up with a Goku who did that, then the next few DB fights with characters in that tier are going to be interesting, to say the least.

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but I just took a second look and....the section at the end where Goku and Superman are looking at glimpses into other universes shows that, in each picture, is other versions of Goku and Superman being friends with each other regardless of what universe it's in.

I'm not going to lie, that shit genuinely made me feel emotional unironically just seeing that Goku and Superman are both wonderful characters and friends even in a multiverse of infinite worlds. Just seeing that makes me rate GvS3 a solid 10/10 and without any hesitation on my part.

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but I just took a second look and....the section at the end where Goku and Superman are looking at glimpses into other universes shows that, in each picture, is other versions of Goku and Superman being friends with each other regardless of what universe it's in.

I'm not going to lie, that shit genuinely made me feel emotional unironically just seeing that Goku and Superman are both wonderful characters and friends even in a multiverse of infinite worlds. Just seeing that makes me rate GvS3 a solid 10/10 and without any hesitation on my part.
So are GvS 1 and 2 in a dark muliverse or something?

Considering how much sleep I lost balancing my own life and getting this edit done, glad yall liked it so much! (for the most part) Means a whole lot especially for an episode we were apprehensive could easily go wrong. By the way...
the next time teaser is the animation, there's a reason it took so long to come out.
Congrats

So are GvS 1 and 2 in a dark muliverse or something?
Yeah. And just like the actual Dark Multiverse, GvS 1 and 2 were essentially pathetic and complete total mischaracterizations of beloved stories and characters which we all love and admire, thankfully GvS3 takes place in the positive multiverse so its dark counterparts can be discarded like trash thrown out the window.

Also to be honest, GvS1 is pretty flawed by today's standards and especially now that GvS3 is out for the public to enjoy but I think it's still a pretty decent episode fight wise....GvS2 on the other hand is complete pig shit and is deserving of all the hate and scrutiny it gets from both Dragon Ball fans and from Superman fans alike, I'm glad from the bottom of my soul that it's no longer relevant

Okay, why does Thought Robot vs Xeno's screenshot just go so bloody hard?
jfb4P949eLE5h9DnAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

https://tiermaker.com/create/death-battle-season-10-110713 - Link for those who want it

May change, but outside of at least 4 moments
(seeing clips of InuYasha, Sailor Moon, and YuYu Hakusho - Thought Robot vs Xeno, the tears of multiple Goku and Superman fights in general, and Superman flying across the galaxy to sundip)
- just still feels shorter than it should.

OK no bullshit wtf this might genuinely be my favorite episode. Like it hits every mark I wanted to and more. The characterization of both staying true why people love them, so much the explanation of the analysis going into how strong they are. The animation to show how incredible this fight would go and the music scoring it as well being on point. And conclusion hits every point of why the Victor should win.

Whoever did this episode did a ******* outstanding job. I know we give you shit sometimes but you guys genuinely did phenomenal job here. New fav.

Mind you I still didn’t want a 3rd one but still

Last edited:
This might be my favorite Death Battle of all time, holy shit.

That was beautiful. In every way. The analysis, the animation, the after-thoughts, that speech about Versus Debating at the end. Hell, even the next-time is some hype. A perfectly crafted episode that clearly came from a lot of passion in the Death Battle team.

It would be downright awful to call this anything less than a 10/10. SSS Tier in the Top 5 of all time, if not Top 1.

The analysis was pretty-much on point for both characters, though if I had to give a criticism I would say they should've hyped Goku a little more so he could at least feel comparable to what they did with Superman. I don't see how anyone would watch this and think that Goku even stood a chance, but maybe that's what they were going for. I reckon most people know who wins by this point, so it's fine.

Other than that, no qualms at all. I'm not a big comic reader, and even knowing of Superman's legacy, I still found the way they showcased him to be shocking. Superman is really ******* broken, lol.

The animation was just super amazing on every level. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I love how they leaned in to this being just another rematch between friends. It was so positive rather than deadly and edgy like some other battles. The progression was fire too. Very balanced and the last few moments were some of the best animated shit in the entirety of this show.

Goku's transformations were given a lot of love, and Superman's power was fantastically displayed. Voices were good. Everything was good, man.

God tier. Surpassed Frieza vs Megatron by leaps and bounds in my opinion.

I would keep going but I think it'd be unhealthy.
This was so beautifully well put man, an I agree this is an amazing episode 100%. you don't mind if I could quote this wouldya for reference?

Thank god they stated this part, DBZ Abridged unironically has created a number of blatantly untrue beliefs in the Dragon Ball fandom....to the point that I'd say it borderlines on character assassination.

Yes, Goku isn't winning father of the year awards anytime soon, but the dude's certainly a better father and grandfather figure then people would care to admit and I'm frankly sick of people parading Abridged Goku like he's the most accurate version of Goku out there.

Back