• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think at the end of the way, we can all agree

Hal Jordan would beat Superman

black-guy-in-suit-meme2.png
"Reality includes time, Hal"
"Time, huh? Thanks for the tip!"

I thought that the Spawn scaling to Mark didn't apply since, from what I've heard, Spawn fought a clone of Mark and Spawn's power in said crossover wasn't specified in the narrative. Though I'm not an expert on Image Comics in the slightest so maybe there's some context to make the scaling viable if Mark is composited
Well ur right it doesn't apply

I have that growing doomer dread.

I did want Goku Vs. Superman 3. Really I did. I wanted it as I've described before: Something on GvS1's level. Landmark analysis sections with a battle animation that covers so many forms, abilities, and busts out quite a number of references to go all out. I wanted that again but for Goku and Superman getting everything they've got, a debate that's a counterpart to the first episode (and completely replaces the second episode) that will show off so many abilities and forms and gear and ect that didn't make it into the first cut. Either because they didn't exist or just couldn't be worked in.

But that's...just not what it's going to be. Track's length has me worried, and Death Battle has a new standard for what they can do and how long it can be. The analysis won't be what I'm hoping for, it's not quite the levels of composite I was hoping for, and the animation isn't going to reach heights I imagine in my head. It's not realistic. And it sucks to be tethered by being realistic about your expectations sometimes.

...And watching people's reactions? And how they're talking as the clock is counting down? The aftermath isn't going to be fun. An unfortunate amount of people are already acting insufferable and I know from casuals to regulars, that number will increase for the people who didn't get what they wanted. It doesn't matter who wins, or how it's justified, I'm already seeing how people are going to make it a slog to read (or try to ignore because I don't wanna see it)

I'm genuinely scared of this being a 'Yeah it was fine' episode, 'But I wish it had been better' being how I remember it, 'and I can't stand the vocal members of the community' being the tone of me skimming the threads and feeling my motivation to contribute being drained as I doom scroll.

...But hey, that's just me venting to blow off some steam to shake the anxiety of possible disappointment. I never really want the show to fail at something, for the most part it tends to not do much good to root against people who are trying to create something even if you might not like it, I just sometimes dread what I see in the build up of certain episodes and in these last few moments I'm getting that feeling bad again...That feeling that I'm just not going to have any fun...

I don't like that feeling...It's lame. Makes ME feel lame.

W-What sort of Lovecraftian, cosmic horror, and philosophical shit is this? Because I don't see anything wrong with Kryptonians being a decently strong and technological race of aliens that were wiped out when Krypton was destroyed and Superman was one of the last surviving members, but apparently one author decided to make them these abstract and metaphysical entities beyond the universe at large.

Chronic I'm starting to understand why you like more grounded stories, this is ludicrous even by Superman standards
Yeah I agree with that, because what the actual hell did I read with those scans bro

W-What sort of Lovecraftian, cosmic horror, and philosophical shit is this? Because I don't see anything wrong with Kryptonians being a decently strong and technological race of aliens that were wiped out when Krypton was destroyed and Superman was one of the last surviving members, but apparently one author decided to make them these abstract and metaphysical entities beyond the universe at large.

Chronic I'm starting to understand why you like more grounded stories, this is ludicrous even by Superman standards
From what I can tell, this seems to be largely ignored by current DC canon. Which like, thank god.

Yeah Nem’s and G1’s predictions erased any doubts in my mind that Supes is taking the W (while some of G1’s claims are probably exaggerated, Supes resists and counters Goku in every way and the blog has more than enough legitimate feats in comparison to the sus claims). A Goku pity win would be the greatest upset in the show’s history, there’s just too much stacked against him. The verdict shouldn’t be much different from Trunks vs Silver.

Anyway, final predictions

IMG_2012.webp

IMG_2015.webp

IMG_2014.webp

IMG_2013.webp

Last edited:
Yeah Nem’s and G1’s predictions erased any doubts in my mind that Supes is taking the W (while some of G1’s claims are probably exaggerated, Supes resists and counters Goku in every way and has more than enough legitimate feats in comparison to the sus claims). A Goku pity win would be the greatest upset in the show’s history, there’s just too much stacked against him.

Anyway, final predictions

IMG_2012.webp

IMG_2015.webp

IMG_2014.webp

IMG_2013.webp
The first 3, I can take, but I don't think I'd want the 4th one. Samus just massacres badly afaik.

Better to pit Master Chief against someone like, Captain America.

Someone already send this form today but you know that this is REALLY bad when even the blog is confused
image.png

Also, why the fuсk did they turn Superman into Peter Steele?
UAb-3UTU0-MUYjfYCpM2-boRPt4CAyOqguhqvYHmeM6EaJS0WJ1flb_FLKgTe4C1UpKGlcDgnQO_SC43r6PfHwmyUGUg7yINSPE97ax8LLX1phedWbtBvCpp6tTIHcVWSIwi_EQyhFiIsXzSGErMU-I
For the first one, from what I was told, it's more or less just JMD being wild with philosophy shit, and that every being has an "Infinite self", so this kinda applies to every DC character, and it's moreso scaling for the collective unconciousness, rather than Supes. It's something that really does not scale to Superman's base and Supes has no way to access such a form.

The second one is just a death metal thing, it's not a new form, just a cosmetic change because DC was being edgy in 2020.

Back