• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
8g7y3p.jpg
LuigiShaggy enjoyers….. real….

Angry guy with absurdly high innate power who basically killed his teacher, who wanted to be killed.
that's....well i guess I've heard worse connections but that's about as vague as you can get, if Kenpachi is fighting anyone from Star Wars anyway, it's gonna be Darth Sion

Ehh, maybe DB will stretch things and say that GER's attacks count as "almighty" which in most cases can't be resisted, nulled, absorbed, or reflected
I don't think modern DB is that braindead. Technically Giorno has age manipulation and could summon poisonous animals, both of which Joker doesn't resist (I think?)

However even with equalized stats,Joker still wins out thx to better hax. What is Giorno gonna do against fear,despair,sleep, insta-death, almighty etc

His only way to win or even reach an incon is hoping RTZ works or the Infinite death loop is instant

I don't think modern DB is that braindead. Technically Giorno has age manipulation and could summon poisonous animals, both of which Joker doesn't resist (I think?)
I know death battle isn't so lenient anymore, but never say never

Also poison from what I remember isn't an ailment in P5, but it is in previous games which I'm pretty sure could be resisted/nulled, or at least could be dispelled by items. Either that or I'm recalling other games.
However even with equalized stats,Joker still wins out thx to better hax. What is Giorno gonna do against fear,despair,sleep, insta-death, almighty etc
Yeah not arguing that. Joker should pretty much win.
His only way to win or even reach an incon is hoping RTZ works or the Infinite death loop is instant
You have to kill to proc the infinite deaths iirc. Unless the research team doesn't have the persona stats reflect onto the user, it's not happening.

Yeah, Infinite Death Loop is out of the question, and Joker himself can literally harm other personas in just his base iirc. So RTZ is Giorno's only option and at best it'll be a stalemate

Yeah, Infinite Death Loop is out of the question, and Joker himself can literally harm other personas in just his base iirc. So RTZ is Giorno's only option and at best it'll be a stalemate
This is one advantage Persona users have over stand users. Their own stats are enhanced, this makes the figth into a 2v1 with Giorno being a burden due to being a glass cannon

This is also why Adachi beats Kira. His number of ranged AOE attacks are very effective against Kira, a glass cannon who needs to get close to do his wincon.

Personas also don't have range limit like stands (although GER is an exception)

However, I do think Giorno wins if RTZ works. He could accelerate Jokers age or poison him while being immune to anyhong he does. But that's not going to happen when Joker resist RTZ.

This is also why Adachi beats Kira. His number of ranged AOE attacks are very effective against Kira, a glass cannon who needs to get close to do his wincon.
Not to mention it can get even higher thanks to M Izanagi's Heat Riser. Or it can be ended instantly with Evil Smile + Ghastly Wail
However, I do think Giorno wins if RTZ works. He could accelerate Jokers age or poison him while being immune to anyhong he does. But that's not going to happen when Joker resist RTZ.
Actually, as pointed out by Josh, the aging could be nullified by certain spells. Such as Amrita as shown in the P4 anime.

Wat are the arguments for Joker resisting GER again
Like what it's strongest case

According to the interpretation of the Megaten staff Maruki has this:
Maruki cognition type

This means that he has this:
Layered Verse-Wide Causality Manipulation

Why this is important is that Giorno has Causality Manip but it's not layered to the extent that Maruki's was. Joker famously did this during the arc where Maruki was the main antagonist:
Joker reversing Maruki's 1-A causality manip

It's worth mentioning that he was immune to the Causality Manip:
Joker's confusion from seeing his cat become a human
And Joker in the process of reversing the Causality Manip

If Death Battle interprets that as anything close to what we interpret it as (even if they say Joker is simply 2-C which doesn't make much sense to me even if you only consider Persona 1 and up as canon to the cosmology considering the wild cosmology stuff in Tatsuya's scenario but I digress) then RTZ will not work on Joker and it's a one sided stomp also considering:
Joker's Supernatural Willpower that he has maintained even after being erased from all of existence conceptually

Again, it's still possible for them to miss all of this as they have done for certain feats for certain characters in the past but I feel like this is too important to miss.

Aren't SMT and Persona the same?
So they both exist under the umbrella that is Megami Tensei, and there's a whole lot of other spinoffs. While both are in the same cosmology, both series take place in their own spaces (and even then SMT games also are disconnected between some of them), with the only exception being SMT: IF. That game is connected to the persona series, along with the Devil Summoner series (Devil Summoner, Soul Hackers, the Raidou games, and Soul Hackers 2).

I think something about Joker breaking fate or some shit. That's the only thing I can think of?
Something something being a trickster who defies fate. Being able to escape his fate of dying and changing the fate of others. Defeating a God even after he was erased from existence, had his powers nullified, and was fated to lose, but still shoots him in head. Defeated another God who is even more powerful and outright resisted his reality warping.

Also Joker has a persona who controls fate ig and almighty bypasses the Omnipotent Orb, which bends reality to protect the user (sounds very similar to a certain golden stand ngl).

I think a cool climax would involve Satanael firing sinful shell, GER attempts to reverse but the bullet proceeds to pierce causality (due to being almighty) and kills Giorno in a explosion

Back