• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Accuracy Scale [Part 8, The Rebirth]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Black

Quan Chi and Shang Tsung only scale to Liu Kang and Raiden in Deadly Alliance, where Tsung is being boosted after absorbing thousands of souls. They don't showcase such power any other time. They're both scheming jobbers who only perform well when they get boosts.

Sonya was two-shot by Shinnok in the opening of MKX; she never landed a proper hit against him, even though she and Johnny were attacking simultaneously. Johnny lasted longer because his Inner Power is Elder God kryptonite. When Scorpion comes for Quan Chi, he's holding back. He doesn't want to kill anyone there, going so far as to explicitly state to his warriors "wound, do not kill." Yet he's still able to beat Sonya with little damage to himself. Later, when Shinnock is brought back, she is one-shot along with the other Earthrealm members. Sonya clearly does not match up the higher tiers of MK

You realize the green energy doesnt come out until Shinnok tries to blast Sonya and Johnny jumps, so the excuse he had that to last more is faulty, Johnny still held is own to him before the green energy kicked in

Also again hope you realize Shinnok one shot her and the others with the amulet that Raiden points out Elder Gods cant do shit to it

Ok and? Shang Tsung with souls absorbed still loses to Quan Chi, yet Tsung gets the backwards scaling, i dont see any excuse here, plus Shang Tsung overall scales backwards from Kang and Raiden

I also remembered now the Scorpion from MK9 fights his future self in MK11, then Subzero and then Raiden, both Johnny and Sonya fought him in MKX, if i am to research deeper into this bet i can find even more things suggesting she can scale to backwards too

Same you can say for many other franchises, Sonya has more then enough imo to get backwards scaling, again if she was high 8-C only, it should end as a one shot, especially cutscene wise

Also let alone scaling from injustice which can add more if looking for the crossover fights that are legit

So, Archie vs Wally is iffy, right?
If we go by our profiles, its an outright stomp for Sonic. But if you were a bit more lenient with Wally's abilities, and give me his 2-C/2-A keys from fighting the AM, scaling to Bart who was able to hurt Superboy Prime, fights against Blue Cobalt, potential environmental destruction of the Multiverse, his Unmoored form being way faster than Sonic, and him using the full capabilities of the Speedforce (plus the BFR) then i think their reasoning (especially Ultraguys blog) makes it one of their better matches.

But again, if we're basing it on the profiles as they are now, Sonic would easily win.

Quick question.
Out of all the matches (not counting same setting matches like the Pokémon battle royale.) which was the closest?

@Abyss

Yeah, Jon had pretty much every advantage when it came to this fight, being much faster, stronger, more experienced, properly trained, and having ki. Sabrewulf is unpredictable and has shown that he is capable of going up against those more experienced than himself, but Jon was not one of those cases.

@Potato
It would probably be Iron Man vs Lex Luthor, Mob vs Tatsumaki, and TMNT Battle Royale

So I just saw this.

57. Pokémon vs Digimon (aka Red & Mega Charizard X vs Tai Yagami & WarGreymon) | Even if it wasn’t Tai’s specific Digimon, the speed and power gap between them and Charizard is way too big for him to stand a chance. | Animation: 9/10

you guys do realize that Red has a Profile on here that says his Mega Charizard scales to Mewtwo right? Also Tai's Wargreymon caps out at scaling above Baseline Planet Level and FTL without any outside power ups based on his Profile here, meanwhile Mega Charizard X scaling to Mewtwo means he's also Planet Level, to a higher degree I might add, and is MFTL+. So....

1 I don’t think they composite like we do anyway (we are fixing that soon anyway.)
Also if you want to play profiles, digital hax and regen go brrrrrr and he die.

Not especially? Even if it is Charizard would be pressed to actually kill him because of the regen. Grey just needs one hax usage to win. Even then why are you using profiles for the one verse we still composite?
It is sorta dishonest when we treat composites as composites when DB is clearly using them but also when they aren’t.
Even then if you use the profiles than he should still win via lol hax, I mean look at the digimon physiology, how can he kill greymon?

He could totally kill Tai, right? He doesn't have any weird Hax I overlooked that prevents Charizard from Blitzing and and Killing Tai?

So? He still can’t overcome the hax/regen against any form. In fact wouldn’t he lose via hax before transforming, he doesn’t seem like the type to insta summon Charizard X.

He would only use Mega Charizard X if Base Charizard is getting overwhelmed like with Mewtwo, who he was able to Damage and not get One-Shot by.

So hax gg? No matter what I don’t see how he can beat that (shouldn’t we make a thread for this to avoid wasting time?)

He could totally kill Tai, right? He doesn't have any weird Hax I overlooked that prevents Charizard from Blitzing and and Killing Tai?
Which is why I brought up this. Base Charizard was still able to somewhat keep up despite clearly being Inferior to Mewtwo, so couldn't he just Blitz Tai and kill him? Doesn't that sorta nerf Greymon? If not, then that Regen is his only saving Grace.

He BFRs him or something I guess? Or tries to throw a Pokeball at him. Idk, all I'm trying to say is that Red had the massive Stat Advantage, not Tai.

Why would a Pokéball work? Why would he even use it against a trained creature?
Even with the stat advantage (brought on partially by a composite, I don’t believe DB was using.) hax still wins.
If you want to talk more, make a thread anyway.

People wank this Pokeball shit and act like these Pokemon characters will just throw a Pokeball at everything in everyone. Especially when going by Red's perspective, WarGreymon is under the ownership of someone else. Also while Ebemon can be considered baseline, WarGreymon has a scaling chain making him far beyond baseline 5-B. And the Power of Darkness Power up (which isn't an outside power up) is still a thing on top of the fact that Digivice Tamers can amp their mons. So no, at his best WarGreymon is still superior to Red's Charizard as the Power of Darkness power up is still within the realm of possibility here. And really, Charizard is only on Mewtwo's level as Mega Charizard X, and WarGreymon kills Charizard before he Mega evolves. And killing Tai would simply cause WarGreymon to fall into darkness out of rage which would once again, signal Charizard's death.

Also, WarGreymon's regen is not that OP lol

Last edited:
With regards to Pokemon vs Digimon, my thoughts on it are this:

1. Pokémon's MFTL speed does not seem to have a proper number associated with it. All the MFTLs I can find have an explanation that's similar to this: "Fought this Pokemon, who blitzed either Zapdos, Articuno, or Moltres." or none at all (Rayquaza). Mewtwo is his rating for blitzing Articuno, who is Relativistic+. The Relativistic+ rating for Pokémon is 0.53c from Pokemon being able to dodge Solarbeam. The usual 5-10x speed difference required for a speed blitz would put Mewtwo around 2.65-5.3c. Digimon's FTL is at about 3.077c, so well within the range of being able to keep up with Charizard in combat. Unless there's a calc that puts Mewtwo firmly in the MFTL range, I don't think a speed blitz is possible.

2. Yes, Charizard is stronger than Wargreymon (the values for 5-B that I've seen mods accept put him at either 1.42x or 2.5x baseline), but since Tai's Mon existed before he arrived, Wargreymon should be similar to other Mons in the Agumon line and therefore should have access to their hax. The variety of abilities should be enough to overwhelm Charizard.

3. As shown in the animation of the fight, Charizard without Red is a far less effective fighter than with him. Plus, with DB rules and their rules in universe, Tai and Wargreymon are not going to hesitate to remove Red from the equation. Seeing him give orders would clue both Tai and Wargreymon in on what's going on and Red isn't going to gun for Tai since that's not how Pokemon battles work.

@Dragon

The Pokéball thing was a joke in the animation. Plus, while my knowledge of the Pokémon mangas is low, from what I've seen, trainers usually only kill the Pokémon, not the trainers. Tai and Wargreymon have no such hesitation.

Also, because of DB's Final Form Rule, the fight we're truly debating is Mega Charizard X vs Wargreymon. Because while the "Wargreymon blitzes base Charizard" argument could be true, the reverse is also true if we start with Agumon.

Still, I do like your further explanation of Digimon. It's not a verse I know much about.

Could you show this scaling chain? I'm curious how much higher Wargreymon is compared to Ebemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back