• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prime Zeus and Ares should be High 6-A

• Zeus splits the motherbox alone

Screenshot 2018-03-02-12-14-08
• Ares one shots Steppenwolf

Screenshot 2018-03-02-12-13-45
• Ares kills all the other Gods himself

Screenshot 2018-03-02-12-28-22
•People argue that Ares is only comparable to Zeus when he created Themiscyra but in the movie it is said that Zeus the the last of his power to stop ares and created Themiscyra in his dying state

• Ares himself confirms that he has gotten weaker

Screenshot 2018-03-02-12-12-33
Screenshot 2018-03-02-12-12-54

So i suggest new keys for Prime Ares and Zeus putting them at High 6-A

I suppose that this may make sense, but you should ask Matthew to comment here.

I am sorta doubtable if this is even legit as it makes issues with the scaling. In fact I disagree with some of my previous choices with the DCEU.

Okay. What would you prefer to change, and why?

Now that you mention it, I recall a previous discussion as well.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I am sorta doubtable if this is even legit as it makes issues with the scaling. In fact I disagree with some of my previous choices with the DCEU.
This doesn't seem to cause any scaling problems as only Zeus and Ares gets prime keys and Diana fought a weaker Ares

Ares didn't one-shot Steppenwolf, that's an exaggeration, Ares only leapt on Steppenwolf and wounded him with sharpened weaponry.

Let me remind you that defeating Steppenwolf does not necessary mean Multi-Continent level. Separating the Motherboxes might though.

Zeus separating the Mother Boxes is an outlier, and Ares killing all the other Gods only makes him a solid 6-B at best, as opposed to the other Gods who should be closer to Zeus's 6-C feat.

Iirc ares hit steppenwolf and then Zeus shot him with lightning causing steppenwolf to be dragged away by his minions. I might agree with Zeus shooting the unity as an outlier except his largest feat in Wonder Woman was done when he was near death. So not quite sure where the top of his abilities are. This is why i think we should wait for the blue ray to come out to see if bonus material will rectify any of our questions.

Yeah because im expecting them to add more to the History Lesson scene (especially since Thewlis is credited as Ares making me think hed have a far larger role in the flashback and perhaps we could also see more feats) Also if we're thinking of adding images to his page we could use potentially this concept art

I don't consider deleted scenes to be accepted as part of the evaluation, just whatever the crew says in the featurettes.

And Thewlis's face is nowhere to be seen in the theatrical version we got. The Ares we saw could probably be an entirely CGI creation voiced by some no-name actor.

Ares during something that happened thousands of years ago =/= Ares in Wonder Woman during World War I

Him getting weaker is meaningless when it's in such a distant past tense.

Well, we still have to wait for Matthew to get the time to handle this.

I obviously disagree, High 6-A Zeus is an outlier that leads to circular scaling.

High 6-A Zeus = Ares < Wonder Woman = Pre-Rebirth Superman < Post-Rebirth Superman who scales to the High 6-A thing who also scales to Zeus who is = Ares < Wonder Woman...

@Spino

To that, I repeat my statement from earlier.

Ares during something that happened thousands of years ago =/= Ares in Wonder Woman during World War I

Him getting weaker is meaningless when it's in such a distant past tense.

So we shouldn't feature a separate statistics key for past Ares?

Alright. Perhaps this should be closed then?

Should there be two separate keys for Wonder Woman, Pre-Awakening and Post-Awakening?

In Wonder Woman, when she fought Ares, she firstly got rekt. But then she fully embraces her powers and one-shot Ares.

Spino raises a good point Diana's best feats in WW before the Ares fight are in the 9-A range with Class 100 or so lifting strength. Whereas she is able to best Ares, Trade blows with Steppenwolf and be even with a Pre Mother Box Supes.

In my opinion, Ares and Zeus should only be At least Island level, for Zeus created an island in his dying breaths.

Wonder Woman would be At least Island level, possibly Country level after awakening.

@Hellbeast1 IIRC that tank is only Class 25.

1) So we only scale Diana to Pre Motherbox Supes? Not sure if i agree with that since Zeus appeared to be on a similar level to WW (What with Zeus stalemating Ares amped with conflict, Zeus injuring Steppenwolf seemingly as much if not more so then Diana etc)

2) Really? Oh i'm a little surprised.

Violence-enhanced Ares < Zeus > Steppenwolf and Base Ares < Wonder Woman

Ares wounding Steppenwolf with sharpened weaponry does not mean he is as strong as Steppenwolf.

I'm not sure I understand why Zeus being 6a is outlierish. He was able to do something in one strike that took both the hax of cyborg and the power of superman to accomplish. Ares being his equal makes sense as only he and Zeus we able to harm steppenwolf, who himself is considered country level. The only problem seems to be whether or not Ares was weaker when he fought WW and judging by the dialogue above, he was weaker.

Using this feat

Zeus < Ares < Wonder Woman < Post-Rebirth Superman < Zeus, and so on.

It creates a massive train of circular scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back