• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. This seems to have been accepted then. Is somebody here who knows how to edit properly, and what to add, willing to apply the revisions please?

Last edited:
  • Amelia's Nightwing Calcs
    • Nightwing dodges a blank, same one that Zamasu calculated - Supersonic. WEAKENED.
    • Nightwing dances around Killshot - Supersonic+ SOMEWHAT CASUAL?
    • Nightwing dodges Penguin's gunfire - Supersonic+
  • Spino's Re-Recalculations
    • Batman catches a cricket ball - Supersonic CASUAL + WEAKENED
I believe these are the feats we’re going with, so I drafted some justifications. How do they look?

Batman
At least Supersonic+ (Comparable to Nightwing. Casually caught a cricket ball while weakened)

Nightwing
At least Supersonic+ (Dodged gunfire from Penguin and casually danced around Killshot. Dodged a bullet at point-blank range)

Wouldn’t that be kinda redundant though? Especially since all of the Supersonic+ feats come from Nightwing himself.

Wouldn’t that be kinda redundant though? Especially since all of the Supersonic+ feats come from Nightwing himself.
You can probably just scale all of them from Nightwing via chain-scaling.
Are we not giving them Cassandra's feats cause she's faster, or because it's an outlier?
It seems like an outlier, but maybe we can give her an "At least Supersonic+, possibly Hypersonic+" rating, if that was the result of her speed feat? What do the rest of you think?

It seems too far above everybody else near her class, and only seems to have happened once.

I believe these are the feats we’re going with, so I drafted some justifications. How do they look?

Batman
At least Supersonic+ (Comparable to Nightwing. Casually caught a cricket ball while weakened)

Nightwing
At least Supersonic+ (Dodged gunfire from Penguin and casually danced around Killshot. Dodged a bullet at point-blank range)
The entire Bat family has had multiple instances of dipping in and out of places faster than a normal human can turn their head to, so I guess supersonic+ reaction/"combat" speeds are as good enough of an indicator as any.

The entire Bat family has had multiple instances of dipping in and out of places faster than a normal human can turn their head to, so I guess supersonic+ reaction/"combat" speeds are as good enough of an indicator as any.
Those are also all very casual.

I wouldn't say all of the calculated feats are casual, in fact the Supersonic+ one seems like it had some effort put into it.

The perspective is really weird, I'd assume it to be Transonic-Supersonic-ish though. It's definitely calculable I'm just not really interested in approximating it.

Nightwing’s highest feat is like Mach 2.6, Cass’ Hypersonic+ feat is Mach 16.22.

If we’re going with the idea that she’s not that much faster than them, that’s definitely an outlier.
8x difference doesn't seem like a great outlier. We had much, much bigger jumps. And Nightwing's feat had him weakened

8x is damn huge, more than blitz-worthy
Blitz worthy or not, that isn't how we determine outliers. There a countless of characters with best feats that are tens of times, if not more, stronger than their next best one. And again, Nightwing was extremely weakened.

Blitz worthy or not, that isn't how we determine outliers. There a countless of characters with best feats that are tens of times, if not more, stronger than their next best one.
Unfortunately those characters are not from DC Comics, which we have special standards for.
And again, Nightwing was extremely weakened.
In the Supersonic+ feat? I think that's a different instance. Plus that doesn't matter this is still one feat.

Unfortunately those characters are not from DC Comics, which we have special standards for.

In the Supersonic+ feat? I think that's a different instance. Plus that doesn't matter this is still one feat.
All the standards account for is the "everyone fights everyone", stuff like Batman kicking Spectre. Nothing there states brings up direct feats. And nearly every supersonic+ feat is casual. Batman's baseball feat was performed with his back broken

All the standards account for is the "everyone fights everyone", stuff like Batman kicking Spectre. Nothing there states brings up direct feats. And nearly every supersonic+ feat is casual. Batman's baseball feat was performed with his back broken
That is true. It is mainly the crazy powerscaling chains that we need to be wary of.

Is an 8x higher speed, when the lower speed feats were casual really that much of an outlier? I am uncertain.

I dunno, maybe it's not that bad? My main concern is that Cass is the one doing it and she's a lot faster than most other batfam people.

Well, maybe we could give her and comparable characters a certain "Hypersonic+" speed tier, and the slower characters an "At most Hypersonic+" or "At least Supersonic+, at most Hypersonic+" instead then?

I dunno, maybe it's not that bad? My main concern is that Cass is the one doing it and she's a lot faster than most other batfam people.
Thing is, it's not all about speed. It's also about how nimble and small she is, and how she can basically read people's movements. She generally overwhelms people with acrobacy, not sheer speed

And then there’s times like this (Batgirl Vol. 1 #1) and this (Batgirl Vol. 1 #9) that shows there is a pretty significant combat speed difference between her and Batman-level people.

And keep in mind that these are very early feats from her, and she improves later on.

Well, maybe we could give her and comparable characters a certain "Hypersonic+" speed tier, and the slower characters an "At most Hypersonic+" or "At least Supersonic+, at most Hypersonic+" instead then?
I suppose “At least Supersonic+, at most Hypersonic+“ could work.
So have we agreed to use this solution then? And if so, is somebody here willing and able to properly apply the changes?

What would the Hypersonic+ justification be for Batman and the others? Would it be something like; “Shouldn’t be drastically slower than Cassandra Cain”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back