• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Profile Clean-up and Revisions Part 3

I agree with Matthew about the Orrery of Worlds.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Sera EX said:
Limiting DC to Low 1-C just because mentions of 6D is ridiculous for reasons Matt already pointed out. The Monitor Sphere has statements that are High 1-B. The Source similarly has 1-A statements. Grant Morrison's superstring theory cosmology is anywhere from 1-C to 1-B. Like Marvel, many writers throw around arbitrary numbers for dimensions, it makes most sense to accept 6D as a low ball and not the high end.
This.
Ok, do far there is no information of higher dimensions in an infinite number, as quoted the layers of Lucifer, and have already agreed up there, it does not have the slightest sense in being high 1-B because there is not even space and time there.

@Matthew Schroeder

But that's right inside the bleedspace. This also does not collaborate with infinite higher dimensions.

This is talking about an infinite number of parallel universes that even, is a part of the orrery of Worlds. In the same scan it is a function of the metaverse to secure new universes to reality.

"Thus, a metaverse that is made up on a infinite number of universes, an infinite number of shadow realities."

Here it says nothing about higher dimensions, but about parallel universes.

The Bleedspace in itself is explicitely fifth dimensional. The multiverse being 6th Dimensional makes no sense

The Metaverse is like, infinite^infinite universes.

Well, no matter how many 4-D universes there are, they never reach infinite higher dimensions on their own.

But even if the universe has an infinite size, it does not collaborate with higher dimension.

And I also agree that it doesn't have much sense to be 6D. Unless we begin to separate the DC from now as a retcon, for it will not be very conciliatable the current stories with those of other epochs.

Anyway, even if we let things remain as they are (except for possibly removing that Lucifer scan as evidence), we still need to plan how to acknowledge this new information within our profile pages, as otherwise we will get plenty of new threads about the same incident in the future, which is too bothersome for me to constantly deal with.

People could have a "At least" and a "Likely" rating like how D&D Tier 1s work. Or have separate retcon keys like with Molecule Man.

Qawsedf234 said:
People could have a "At least" and a "Likely" rating like how D&D Tier 1s work. Or have separate retcon keys like with Molecule Man.
I agree with that.

Qawsedf234 said:
At least Low 1-C, likely High 1-B. Though that would only affect Mandrakk and the Thought Robot. Vertigo people who affect the whole multiverse explicitely would stay the same.

Matthew Schroeder said:
At least Low 1-C, likely High 1-B. Though that would only affect Mandrakk and the Thought Robot. Vertigo people who affect the whole multiverse explicitely would stay the same.
I am fine with this solution.

I think Mandrakk and the Thought Bot should be left alone. We only need to remove the Lucifer scan as evidence for High 1-B.

Listen guys, dimensions in DC get arbitrarily thrown around all the time. Therefore we should use the high-end number (infinite) for the verse's top tiers. Mandrakk and Thought Robot are certainly top tiers.

Characters simply have different levels of power in different stories, stories may I remind you that are decades apart in publication.

But that would just be more messy, it's still better to separate by retcon, just like Molecule Man.

Anyway I need to go to bed, but please keep that in mind and not let another arbitrarily defined dimensional size downgrade these characters.

I am neutral regarding which solution to use.

Sera EX said:
Anyway I need to go to bed, but please keep that in mind and not let another arbitrarily defined dimensional size downgrade these characters.
This. No downgrade should be done.

Are we still going to upgrade Monitor, Anti-Monitor and Barbatos to Low 1-C?

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, we still need to acknowledge this new information within our profiles somehow, or we will have to deal with these types of threads over and over.

Sera EX said:
Anti-Monitor > Mr. Mxy was confirmed in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths.
when

I already made a comment which has yet to be refuted by matt and anyone else who doesn't think the presence is the source and overvoid, so you already know my thoughts on it.

y'all can resolve the infinite D DC stuff yourself but honestly the arguments against it are pretty weak

the 6 dimensional scan can literally be brushed off as just being the basic multiverse, nothing more nothing less, you'd have to prove that it refers to the sphere of gods, because just a random picture of mxy pulling out a map is vague as he could just be pointing towards a specific aspect of it.

also Perptua is inconsistent as hell, just throwing that out there.

@Hykuu

Ant already refuted my point about that and I acknowledged it.

@Hykuu

The whole "Anti-Monitor > Mxy" point, as Mxy's power wasn't even defined back then. The 6-dimensional stuff isn't my point. I'm against using it myself.

I agree with Matt and Sera about using the "6-D" statement being a bad reason to limit the god tiers to the low. But Monitor, Anti-Monitor, and Spectre upgrades seem pretty solid.

If Anti-Monitor and the others are going to be upgraded to Low 1-C, what are we going to do with New 52 Anti-Monitor/Mobius and Sinestro Corp War Anti-Monitor?

We don't even have keys for those versions.

I don't think that either of them are quantifiable. One of them was so weakened that he could only such energy from planets rather than universes, and the other was one-shotted by Superboy-Prime.

Mobius was only 1 shot because he was the anti monitor was drained from his power in order to charge the black lantern battery, essentially the entire force which is > new gods.

Anti monitor in the new 52 cracked the multiverse, 1 shot metron, consumed multiple universes, was going to cause another COIE, embodies the ALE which is also > new gods in their true forms, caused convergence, etc.

No, he did not. That was never shown on screen as far as I remember. All that we saw was the Crime Syndicate Earth turned into a wasteland due to him sucking it dry of energy, and references to destroying universes during the Crisis of Infinite Earths.

I would much prefer if we avoid listing or scaling from that version of the Anti-Monitor, as it would cause other profiles to get severely inflated results.

The true forms of the New Gods were also not used, only their regular avatars.

I am talking about the SBP feat, that was blackest night iirc.

who would it inflate lol, it wouldn't upgrade true form darkseid afaik.

Back