• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Extended Universe Revisions

You got a source for this? Such a statement would help us immensely.
Do you have the scan for base DD >>> Zod? That would really help put an end to the idea that DD doesn't scale to Zod.

What puts post-nuke Supes at full power? Unless that is stated somewhere, nothing actually makes that the case. Snyder Cut has multiple things that point to Superman's full power being beyond that of DD and his power in the BvS final fight so the very fact that Superman directly lost out to DD in a contest of power means he can't have been at full power in the final fight. There is also the fact that Zack had full control to make JL as he intended without studio interference so any inconsistencies with prior statements would be retconned as this is what is actually intended to be the case.
It was an interview about the VFX or something. I’ll find it.

I don't see anything in that which says that Pre Nuke Doomsday was stronger than Zod. It literally says that only after it started having bones grow through its body (which was after it got nuked), it reached its peak capacity and eventually beyond its maximum capacity. What this only means is that Pre Nuke Doomsday < Zod < Post-Nuke Doomsday.

I don't see anything in that which says that Pre Nuke Doomsday was stronger than Zod. It literally says that only after it started having bones grow through its body (which was after it got nuked), it reached its peak capacity and eventually beyond its maximum capacity. What this only means is that Pre Nuke Doomsday < Zod < Post-Nuke Doomsday.
How else do you interpret “the genesys chamber expands the body to extreme physical capabilities”? That’s pretty cut and dry. Zod’s body with more muscle mass would obviously be strong than his body with less mass. They literally say as much.
Edit: The first part says it “expands the body to its maximum capabilities with little regard to the aesthetic.” It’s all about efficiency. Then Doomsday builds his strength and after the nuke expands beyond those capabilities.

How else do you interpret “the genesys chamber expands the body to extreme physical capabilities”? That’s pretty cut and dry. Zod’s body with more muscle mass would obviously be strong than his body with less mass. They literally say as much.
It does say that, but not when it was newborn, like the interview itself says that the body was still expanding and didn't surpass its previous limit till its started growing bones.

It does say that, but not when it was newborn, like the interview itself says that the body was still expanding and didn't surpass its previous limit till its started growing bones.
It does. They said they wanted to explore the effects of the genesys chamber. The genesys chamber expands it to the maximum and Doomsday comes in contact with things that allow him to expand beyond those. Newborn Doomsday is still Zod’s body expanded to its max.
Edit: It expands them to “extreme capabilities.” It’s Zod’s body but buffed, essentially.

It does. They said they wanted to explore the effects of the genesys chamber. The genesys chamber expands it to the maximum and Doomsday comes in contact with things that allow him to expand beyond those. Newborn Doomsday is still Zod’s body expanded to its max.
Edit: It expands them to “extreme capabilities.” It’s Zod’s body but buffed, essentially.
Again, nothing states that it outright does it all together, "it expands them to extreme capabilities" yes, and the interview said it was still expanding, meaning the "extreme capabilities" was not reached till it fully expanded. The lines after that straight up said that it eventually reached its peak power, which I'm assuming is peak Zod, and then surpassed it, both of which Snyder states happened after the bones started growing from his body. Not before he got nuked.

Last edited:
Again, nothing states that it outright does it all together, "it expands them to extreme capabilities" yes, and the interview said it was still expanding, meaning the "extreme capabilities" was not reached till it fully expanded. The lines after that straight up said that it eventually reached its peak power, which I'm assuming is peak Zod, and then surpassed it, both of which Snyder states happened after the bones started growing from his body. Not before he got nuked.
So you agree that Zod’s body was made stronger initially? There’s no point in responding anymore if you agree. MoS Zod << Pre-Nuke Doomsday <<< Post-Nuke Doomsday.
Zod’s body being amped to any degree beyond its initial state (remember it didn’t decompose at all) would be > Zod. That’s the fact of the matter. And since we know it’s to a point that ends up with a body several times the mass of Zod we know it’s far stronger than him. There isn’t much else to debate here.
Edit: I’m not denying that Doomsday continued to get stronger. It’s clear in the movie and I outright admit it. But the body is already just as strong as it was when Zod was alive. So let’s say the chamber added 150 to Zod’s body. Zod’s body being at its normal state would be 100. So you’d have 250. It’s just expanding upon what’s already there. In this case, a perfect Kryptonian body.

So you agree that Zod’s body was made stronger initially? There’s no point in responding anymore if you agree. MoS Zod << Pre-Nuke Doomsday <<< Post-Nuke Doomsday.
Zod’s body being amped to any degree beyond its initial state (remember it didn’t decompose at all) would be > Zod. That’s the fact of the matter. And since we know it’s to a point that ends up with a body several times the mass of Zod we know it’s far stronger than him. There isn’t much else to debate here.
Edit: I’m not denying that Doomsday continued to get stronger. It’s clear in the movie and I outright admit it. But the body is already just as strong as it was when Zod was alive. So let’s say the chamber added 150 to Zod’s body. Zod’s body being at its normal state would be 100. So you’d have 250. It’s just expanding upon what’s already there. In this case, a perfect Kryptonian body.
Ok, this I can agree with.

This is in the movie too and they just say that it's "like a black hole". If it was a Black Hole Lois would be paste.
How dare you imply Lois is beneath planetary?

As for tie in feats, I recall hearing in the epilogue of the MOS prequel novel (the book with young Clark) that Supes evaporated a tsunami and in the BVS comics he might have some Tier 7 stuff (ask Matt)

Can I have a scan or link to this curiously?

As for tie in feats, I recall hearing in the epilogue of the MOS prequel novel (the book with young Clark) that Supes evaporated a tsunami and in the BVS comics he might have some Tier 7 stuff (ask Matt)
The BVS comic had Luthor stating that Supes can easily destroy a city.

The BVS comic had Luthor stating that Supes can easily destroy a city.
Doesn't Supes stop a falling satellite as well?

It’s this
Hmm this feels kinda strange to me.
It's definitely there but we've seen from the Motherbox and Karathen examples that these VFX statements might not fit with on screen and it's still super weird to think Zod is = Supes but is also decidedly < Steppenwolf who's << Superman

I definitely think that we can upscale from the World Engine (likely not to the same degree as the Theatrical Cut tho) for the mid tiers but I'm still very iffy on upscaling from Zod unless we get more statements from Zack or something

In all seriousness I am curious if we can quantify Clark;s flying feat or the actual blasts the World Engine hits him with

It is quite simple. Superman is at level of Zeus and Ares as shown in Snyder Cut. Ares and Zeus easily overpowerd young Darkseid( i know that he was younger and didn't used Omega beams, but that doesn't make him any less stronger), Zeus separated Unity with single blast while Superman had to use his full strength and showed signs of strain in the process. And as foe Wonder Women defeating Ares. Ares in Wonder Woman vas smaller and weaker, and that has been told several times in the movies. Even Hippol

It is simple. Superman is at or close to level of Zeus and Ares. Zeus and Ares both defeated young Darkseid in Snyder Cut. I know that Darkseid was younger and that he didnt used Omega beams in first invasion of Earth and that doesnt mean that he was way less powerful than now in present day. And as for Wonder Women defeating Ares. Ares in Wonder Woman was smaller and weaker than in Snyder Cut and in the movie there are several references that Ares is weaker. Ares himself stated that after battle with zeus he was left too weak, and even Hippolyta sayed that Ares may have died from his wounds as no one has seen Ares for very long time. Wonder Woman didnt defeated Ares because she was more powerful than him. She was easily dominated by Ares through entire fight. Ares died because of his stupidity. He summoned large lightning to kill her and didnt know that her bracelets could absorb his attack. It was seen in Ares´ face that he was shocked when he saw that her bracelets absorbed all that energy. She only redirected all that lightning to him and boom! Ares is gone. And as for Old Gods. Ares, Zeus and Artemis are shown to be larger than humans, Atlanetans and Amazons, and where seen to possess red glowing marks that went from their hands to their biceps. Obvious difference than Ares in Wonder Woman.

It is simple. Superman is at or close to level of Zeus and Ares. Zeus and Ares both defeated young Darkseid in Snyder Cut. I know that Darkseid was younger and that he didnt used Omega beams in first invasion of Earth and that doesnt mean that he was way less powerful than now in present day. And as for Wonder Women defeating Ares. Ares in Wonder Woman was smaller and weaker than in Snyder Cut and in the movie there are several references that Ares is weaker. Ares himself stated that after battle with zeus he was left too weak, and even Hippolyta sayed that Ares may have died from his wounds as no one has seen Ares for very long time. Wonder Woman didnt defeated Ares because she was more powerful than him. She was easily dominated by Ares through entire fight. Ares died because of his stupidity. He summoned large lightning to kill her and didnt know that her bracelets could absorb his attack. It was seen in Ares´ face that he was shocked when he saw that her bracelets absorbed all that energy. She only redirected all that lightning to him and boom! Ares is gone. And as for Old Gods. Ares, Zeus and Artemis are shown to be larger than humans, Atlanetans and Amazons, and where seen to possess red glowing marks that went from their hands to their biceps. Obvious difference than Ares in Wonder Woman.
We’ve already covered Ares is weaker in WW

Uxas is also very clearly weaker then Darkseid because of Zack’s statement putting him on Doomsday’s level and the fact he’s mentioned in the red carpet premiere to be stronger

Uxas is also very clearly weaker then Darkseid because of Zack’s statement putting him on Doomsday’s level and the fact he’s mentioned in the red carpet premiere to be stronger

I know that and i am not saing that Darkseid didn't became more powerful when he took the throne and became ruler of the Apokolips. I meant that young Darkseid/Uxas wasn't much weaker and that he was on level of Aquaman or something like that. It is stated that his only defeat was when he tried to conquer Earth. That statement puts him in highest level of power. He baceme more powerful as Darkseid, but i dont think that he is too much powerful. And as for Ares. If that topic was covered, then why is he put on the level below Superman?

Uxas is above Arthur's level.
I know that. I was just giving an example. Everyone is saying how Uxas became so much powerful after he took the throne and renamed himself to Darkseid. By reactions someonje would think that Uxas was the weakst being in DCEU and that defeating him is nothing worth mentioning.

Snyder said he did become a lot more powerful, which is also clear from scaling, doesn't mean Uxas is weak, its just that Darkseid is ridiculous in strength.

Snyder said he did become a lot more powerful, which is also clear from scaling, doesn't mean Uxas is weak, its just that Darkseid is ridiculous in strength.
That is why Darkseid, Zeus, Ares, Superman and Steppenwolf should be put above Large Island level. Superman's feat of shifting tectonic plate is at Country level. And that was before his death.

They are much higher than Large Island level. It doesn't say how big was the tectonic plate, but that would still put Superman at Large Country level or Continent level. Large plates are the size of continent and minor plates are at large country such as US or average country.

Because in both canons Superman couldn't separate them without Cyborg weakening the link firsz
Because in both canons Superman couldn't separate them without Cyborg weakening the link first.
Well, Superman used his hands and i dont think that he could just stick his fingers inside the Unity because 3 Mother boxes were merged togeather. And even when Cyborg weakend the link to separate them enough so that Superman could separate them, force that kept them togeather even when separated was so strong that Superman needed to apply all his strength to pull them appart. Zeus separated Mother boxes when they were fused and did not needed to weaken the link or anything. Just one powerful lightning strike and they were separated. That is quite impressive feat.

Back