• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Extended Universe Revisions

I'm fine with the Theatrical Scaling as it stands since we don't really have anny new information here

I'm neutral about whether Superman was at full power fighting Doomsday (scaling indicates he's not however), but I do think he's stronger in BvS than MoS plus disregarding that he's definitely in worse shape with the World Engine than versus Doomsday imo.

disregarding that he's definitely in worse shape with the World Engine than versus Doomsday imo.
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to be weaker after the effects of the Kryptonite? I say that because the World Engine definitely weakened him significantly, but it didn't take him down to the point of getting pummeled by Armored Batman lol. I personally think the Kryptonite weakened him more tbh.

I know, but his performance against the 7-A Doomsday wasn't really improved Post-Sun Charging. I rationalize this through the possibility that maybe the Sun Charging just undid the ill effects of the nuke, and essentially brought him back to where he was Pre-nuke more or less.

So basically my thought process is: Full power BvS Supes >= MoS Supes > Post-Sun Charge Supes >= Pre-Nuke/Post-Kryptonite >>> Kryptonite Supes

I know, but his performance against the 7-A Doomsday wasn't really improved Post-Sun Charging. I rationalize this through the possibility that maybe the Sun Charging just undid the ill effects of the nuke, and essentially brought him back to where he was Pre-nuke more or less.

So basically my thought process is: Full power BvS Supes >= MoS Supes > Post-Sun Charge Supes >= Pre-Nuke/Post-Kryptonite >>> Kryptonite Supes
I disagree, with some details, but I completely agree with the sun point, supes was kinda in a rush, wasn't gonna wait around to recharge.

Also in agreement that the Sun Charge didn't bring him back at full power. Just made him stronger than before he got nuked.

This ignores the fact that base DD >= Zod = MoS Supes.

BvS/JL >>> Stepp > Final DD > base DD >= Zod = MoS Supes > WE Supes >>> World Engine >>> High 7-A.

BvS/JL >>> Stepp > Final DD > base DD >= Zod = MoS Supes > WE Supes >>> World Engine >>> High 7-A.
This is wrong on a lot of things. JL Supes is way above BvS Supes, BvS Supes is relative to base Steppenwolf, the Base DD fought a super weakened Kal.

Not for the SnyderCut he isn’t. The very blatant implication is that Supes was always way stronger than the rest, the Mother Box was used to reset him back to when he was alive, everyone treats him as the key to winning against Stepp even though they have two people on the level of Doomsday and Barry who can blitz and hit as hard as them.

Supes post nuke wasn’t at his full power and Diana even considers Superman to be more powerful than Doomsday despite witnessing DD overpower post nuke Supes. You have to be purposefully ignoring context and the fact that Superman gets stronger overtime to argue your stance.

No. Diana says that Stepp is the most powerful being she has ever seen with the possible exception of Supes. She herself did better against DD than Supes, Supes got directly overpowered by DD multiple times, and Superman was previously weakened twice before getting some sun. The fact that he was clearly weaker than DD but she still considers him to potentially be above Stepp means that she didn’t see his full power. It’s either you accept that she hasn’t seen his full power (he wasn’t full power post nuke) or assert the opinion that Diana is a raging moron who lacks basic deduction skills.

The above also ignores all of the other context clues in the movie that support Supes having always been stronger.

Ok, so POSSIBLE is key word. Diana is a combat genius, she can deduct he wasn't at full power. Also, the Steppenwolf Supes bullied was amped by the Unity, context matters. Like, he goes from going relative with Diana to being above her, Victor, and Arthur combined.

So you agree that Diana didn’t see his full power and doesn’t know his limits? Because the moment you agree to that, there is nothing that limits Supes to Stepp’s tier when he specifically comes back in a previous state without the possibility to be weakened and instantly bodies the whole League before pulling up to Stepp and planting him in the ground.

But he clearly isn’t. Unity Stepp isn’t any stronger than base when you look at their feats. Base gets tackled by Diana when he has no weapon but once he has his axe, he dominates her and she can only land a glancing hit to his calf because of how she is positioned below him on the wall. Unity dominates Diana from the beginning because he already has his axe in hand and Arthur barely even hops in which gets negged anyway with neither doing a thing to him unless he is doing something else. Want to say he is stronger? Sure. He becomes some inconsequential amount stronger which makes no difference as Diana still fights him just like base.

If you agree Supes is already above base Stepp, you agree he is also already above Unity Stepp.

Ok, Steppenwolf was amped. I'm not saying BvS Superman is not in the same tier as base Steppenwolf but not Unity Steppenwolf.
Yeah you are.

I have seen the tunnel fight more than enough to know I am correct. Stepp starts in a side room without his axe and has to go for it while Diana tackles him just as he gets a hold of it which is how they get to the tunnel. Cue Stepp constantly pressuring her without her being able to do a thing before he slams her into the wall and jumps to get her but she dodged down and tags his left calf with her sword. She jumps down to the bridge and loses her sword where he is about to slam her before the Crawler starts firing on him and he goes to bop Bats instead. The end of the fight with Diana. He dominated that fight.

So you are trying to argue a possibility over what we actually see? Bro. We see Diana losing the whole tome besides the very beginning when Stepp didn’t have a weapon and you want to argue the offscreen stuff (which is nigh non existent) didn’t also have her taking an L?

Has this been confirmed anywhere? If so, then I don't mind the scaling chain you proposed.

In any case, I do agree that Full power Superman is significantly above both Steppenwolf and Doomsday. I never said he wasn't iirc.

There are no conclusions. The Superman scaling is whack. He should honestly not been as far above the league, especially Diana, as he was.

It should have been fine with comic scaling where he's marginally stronger but JL made it seem as if he's tiers stronger than Diana hence putting into question characters like Doomsday (who people thought was > Superman before JL) and now even Zod.

Superman in MOS was just as physically strong as other Kryptonians who had been on Earth for a few hours while he was soaking in the sun for 33 years.

Basically, how long a Kryptonian has been on Earth doesn't affect their physical strength but mostly other abilities (senses, flight, etc).

So for him to get that much stronger in BvS then JL when he didn't for the past 36 years in this case makes no sense.

There shouldn't be a huge strength gap between MOS, BvS and JL Superman, otherwise MOS Kryptonians even being able to contend physically with Superman makes no sense if time is factor in their strength.

Well, that's not entirely true, I agree there are no conclusions, but Superman didn't test out his powers all too much really in combat, while the other Kryptonians were bred for combat.

Well, that's not entirely true, I agree there are no conclusions, but Superman didn't test out his powers all too much really in combat, while the other Kryptonians were bred for combat.
This^. Jor-El even tells Clark that he needs to push his limits to get anywhere which he never did before since he was always hiding and trying to stay low. Just from a few jumps he was even able to learn to fly and was progressively jumping higher and further with each hop skip in the Arctic. Supes even went from getting folded by Faora or Nam-Ek individually to fighting both at the same time and actually managing to fend them off.

Okay. So should we rescale any characters from that then?

Has anyone taken a crack at the HV breaking the scout ship calc yet? It’s a pretty good feat and would be better than the WE calc for tiering MoS Level characters since it would be a non weakened version of Supes who can do this.

Ok, so POSSIBLE is key word. Diana is a combat genius, she can deduct he wasn't at full power. Also, the Steppenwolf Supes bullied was amped by the Unity, context matters. Like, he goes from going relative with Diana to being above her, Victor, and Arthur combined.
I dont think he's ever described as amped

He has shiny blue eyes but his performance is about the same and he doesn't have any statements for growing stronger and I don't think the Unity is described as empowering people in the Snyder Cut

Has anyone taken a crack at the HV breaking the scout ship calc yet? It’s a pretty good feat and would be better than the WE calc for tiering MoS Level characters since it would be a non weakened version of Supes who can do this.
Which calc is this?

There is a new page for Darkseid that seems based on the inofficial Snyder cut of the Justice League movie. Should I delete it?

There is a new page for Darkseid that seems based on the inofficial Snyder cut of the Justice League movie. Should I delete it?

Well, we were planning on giving him a profile based on the Snyder Cut anyway, but I don't think we've discussed the specifics about his ratings and P&A yet.

Back