• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - The Legendary DC Heralds Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why you think you would be the authority on what can be discussed in a thread when what you're objecting to is largely a discussion between several admins.
It wasn't me who said it, OP explicitly said so, if you have problems go take it up with Emirp.

Also, I'd suggest to tone down that elitist-like behavior, Deagonx. You're not exactly giving very good impressions like that.

A good chunk of the comments on this page are just your personal complaints about the discussion being had. It is not productive, and you're being needlessly hostile. It is an appropriate discussion to have here, and it isn't going to be tabled on your request.

A good chunk of the comments on this page are just your personal complaints about the discussion being had. It is not productive, and you're being needlessly hostile. It is an appropriate discussion to have here, and it isn't going to be tabled on your request.
To each their own I suppose. I'll let OP and Tracer handle this from here on out.

While I do think KLOL should tone with the caps, he's not exactly wrong about this derailing the thread, but moving on.

Hey ant, 2 non staff members gave their opinions on the feats, should I include them in votes
Firestorm said he was gonna update the votes.

Last I'm gonna comment on before I sleep but Mxy was stated to be weakened when Prime captured him, and Prime was amped during this arc, so even if this version of Prime scaled to Mxy (Which he absolutely does not), it wouldn't scale to his normal self. Even the weakened Mxy admitted he could've defeated Prime, if he really wanted to.
Well, Prime managed to severely hurt Mxyzptlk, and Mxyzptlk didn't state outright that he could defeat Prime in your linked scan as you claim.

Regardless, it seems like you admit that it was only due to being extremely amplified that Prime pulled off a tier Low 2-C feat in the first place, and at his regular power level he was repeatedly injured by characters that are tier 5 at best, and it was considered impressive that he could move around large planets, so I think that a considerable downgrade of the character in question in his base seems in order, rather than upgrading any characters that ever harmed him to Low 2-C or higher.

Last edited:
I agree with that given the nature of the upgrades being suggested here, a wider context needs to be discussed for whether they make any rational sense or not, and most of my recent arguments in this regard have been structured and rational as far as I am aware.

I also agree about that hostility doesn't contribute to any constructive progress here.

Regardless, it seems like you admit that it was only due to being extremely amplified that Prime pulled off a tier Low 2-C feat in the first place, and at his regular power level he was repeatedly injured by characters that are tier 5 at best, and it was considered impressive that he could move around large planets, so I think that a considerable downgrade of the character in question seems in order, rather than upgrading any characters that ever harmed him to Low 2-C or higher.
What? That's wrong. Prime wasn't amped when doing the Tier 2 stuff. The countdown stuff was a one off amp, as evident he only wore the black suit while amped. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from what I've stated.

And regardless, Mxy was weakened to an unknown level, so the feat itself is basically worthless, as he has not feats outside of getting tortured.

I thought that Prime fought Monarch in his extremely powered-up faux-adult form, or do I misremember?

Also, Mxyzptlk was just kept somewhat insensate by an alternative version of Zatanna. He was still severely injured by Prime.

I thought that Prime fought Monarch in his extremely powered-up faux-adult form, or do I misremember?

Also, Mxyzptlk was just kept somewhat insensate by an alternative version of Zatanna. He was still severely injured by Prime.
He did, but he has tier 2 scaling outside of Monarch. It's not his only justification.

Does Prime have any explicit feats that are possible to gauge or is he just illogically scaled from Pre-Crisis Superman, despite that even Prime's enormously powered-up state was still knocked unconscious by a universal scale explosion?

Last I'm gonna comment on before I sleep but Mxy was stated to be weakened when Prime captured him, and Prime was amped during this arc, so even if this version of Prime scaled to Mxy (Which he absolutely does not), it wouldn't scale to his normal self. Even the weakened Mxy admitted he could've defeated Prime, if he really wanted to.
This doesn't really seem like a great interpretation of the scans?

1. Mxy was stated to be weakened but he seems to say "you and the witch" saw to that, so at the very least, Prime is partially responsible for this weakening.

3. Mxy doesn't seem to be saying he could've defeated prime. He says "If I was up to it."

But the most important thing, and the reason Ant brought it up in the first place, is that Prime is particularly wacky when it comes to his power level, and using him for scaling in general is not a good idea.

This doesn't really seem like a great interpretation of the scans?

1. Mxy was stated to be weakened but he seems to say "you and the witch" saw to that, so at the very least, Prime is partially responsible for this weakening.

3. Mxy doesn't seem to be saying he could've defeated prime. He says "If I was up to it."

But the most important thing, and the reason Ant brought it up in the first place, is that Prime is particularly wacky when it comes to his power level, and using him for scaling in general is not a good idea.
That was not the point I was illustrating. I was saying that using Mxy as an example for why Prime is inconsistent is not a good example.

Well, Prime managed to severely hurt Mxyzptlk, and Mxyzptlk didn't state outright that he could defeat Prime in your linked scan as you claim.

Regardless, it seems like you admit that it was only due to being extremely amplified that Prime pulled off a tier Low 2-C feat in the first place, and at his regular power level he was repeatedly injured by characters that are tier 5 at best, and it was considered impressive that he could move around large planets, so I think that a considerable downgrade of the character in question in his base seems in order, rather than upgrading any characters that ever harmed him to Low 2-C or higher.
I don't think anyone scales to countdown prime on profile.

He did, but he has tier 2 scaling outside of Monarch. It's not his only justification.
Don't think it's a good idea to illogically scale Superboy Prime's normal AP to that of Pre-Crisis Supes. The only aspect I could find of Prime being relative to Pre Crisis Supes is speed. Now there is a statement where PC Supes vouches for him, but this only indicates that Primes powers are not useless. Vouching =/= being relative or comparable. The only things really that make Prime tier 2 are his "Retcon Punches" and his Guardian amp in Countdown. Nothing that I could find indicates Prime's normal AP is tier 2.

Don't think it's a good idea to illogically scale Superboy Prime's normal AP to that of Pre-Crisis Supes. The only aspect I could find of Prime being relative to Pre Crisis Supes is speed. Now there is a statement where PC Supes vouches for him, but this only indicates that Primes powers are not useless. Vouching =/= being relative or comparable.
Emirp didn’t even mention this though?

My favourite thing about the long ass tiering-related threads y'all do for comics and shit is, except MAKE NUMBER BIG or MAKE NUMBER SMALL, the page quality remains the most subpar shit all across FANDOM.

Y'all do fuckall to actually represent character mechanics on the page, everyone's missing a bajillion or so abilities, the "Power-Scaling Rules" page is a ******* meme and composites both the verses as one for some reason, major damn character are missing pages or ANY representation whatsoever, stats not tiering have godawful-to-non-existent elaboration, everyone's a pseudo-composite ENTIRELY IGNORANT OF VERSE HISTORY because y'all can't be bothered to make keys, and aesthetical representation of the pages make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Here's a suggestion for the next big wiki comics thread: A P&A update revision, or a Powerscaling Rules page rework. You know, actually productive shit?

My favourite thing about the long ass tiering-related threads y'all do for comics and shit is, except MAKE NUMBER BIG or MAKE NUMBER SMALL, the page quality remains the most subpar shit all across FANDOM.

Y'all do fuckall to actually represent character mechanics on the page, everyone's missing a bajillion or so abilities, the "Power-Scaling Rules" page is a ******* meme and composites both the verses as one for some reason, major damn character are missing pages or ANY representation whatsoever, stats not tiering have godawful-to-non-existent elaboration, everyone's a pseudo-composite ENTIRELY IGNORANT OF VERSE HISTORY because y'all can't be bothered to make keys, and aesthetical representation of the pages make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Here's a suggestion for the next big wiki comics thread: A P&A update revision, or a Powerscaling Rules page rework. You know, actually productive shit?
But number big and should be small.

there definitely should be a significant amount more of keys on comic characters profiles

Like Superman having "Post-COIE | Post Death of Superman | Post-Eradicator | Post-Worlds at War | Post-Infinite Crisis" etc. to actually give a scale to his level of power over the course of post-crisis

Honestly the two keys superman has still dont do enough justice for the amount of growth he goes through during post-crisis

but thats besides the point

Last edited:
there definitely should be a significant amount more of keys on comic characters profiles

Like Superman having "Post-COIE | Post Death of Superman | Post-Eradicator | Post-Worlds at War | Post-Infinite Crisis" etc. to actually give a scale to his level of power over the course of post-crisis
Agreed and I think it goes across the board, both in cataloguing and helping with consistency

I am surprised Zark mentioned it though since I recall her opposing the idea of keys like that

Well, I obviously think that base Prime should be downgraded to "At least 4-B, possibly 3-C" (due to usually being damaged by characters such as Cassie Sandsmark, but also severely damaging the Anti-Monitor in a story where the latter was explicitly portrayed as tier 3-C), that powered-up Prime should get a Low 2-C key (due to being knocked unconscious by a universe-destroying explosion), that all scaling to and from him should otherwise be forbidden, and that Post-Crisis Superman should get more power progression keys, as Impress suggested.

Also, our rules page for Marvel Comics and DC Comics is currently too lenient, and needs to get considerably stricter, or at least explicitly explained, in its regulations, as there is currently far too much chain-scaling from extremely inconsistent outliers going on, at least for Marvel Comics.

Impress is very welcome to send me a PM to discuss what she has in mind in private if she wishes.

Last edited:
The Retcon punches…?
The retcon punches are not truly quantifiable, and were likely a chain-reaction hax from being trapped in a state outside of conventional reality, as it isn't a feat that Prime can pull off normally.

Last edited:
Well, Prime managed to severely hurt Mxyzptlk
Mxy has always been a glass cannon. He and other imps have been knocked out by rocks before as an example. Just harming Myx isn't solid scaling imo, especially when he was nerfed for the event.

Yes, Mxyzptlk's durability has also repeatedly been treated as far lower than his scale of power, in a Looney Tunes characters manner, although he can usually regenerate very quickly afterwards, but all of my other examples of Prime constantly going up and down the power scale like a yo-yo still remain. One moment he was kicked bloody by Cassie Sandsmark and the next he was beating up The Darkest Knight, and he was also massively powered-up when surviving (but being knocked unconscious by) a tier Low 2-C explosion.

The retcon punches are not truly quantifiable, and were likely a chain-reaction hax from being trapped in a state outside of conventional reality, as it isn't a feat that Prime can pull off normally.
I don't think so especially as he did several against TDK that TDK decided to convince him to join him and stop fighting.

Retcon punches are his peak punch.

Really? I don't remember SBP using retcon punches against TDK. Please show me scans if possible.

the entire fight in an imgur. pretty sure hes using retcon punches

He also rediscovered the move before hand in issue 4 of death metal

Last edited:
Mxy has always been a glass cannon. He and other imps have been knocked out by rocks before as an example. Just harming Myx isn't solid scaling imo, especially when he was nerfed for the event.
Mxy ***** around a lot, but his durability is far beyond that. Judging by how he's unharmed by his own nuking of the universe and can easily trade blows with the likes of Bat-Mite. Hell, his sheer dimensional form would warrant him that durability

Really? I don't remember SBP using retcon punches against TDK. Please show me scans if possible.

the entire fight in an imgur. pretty sure hes using retcon punches

He also rediscovered the move before hand in issue 4 of death metal

Thanks.
Mxy ***** around a lot, but his durability is far beyond that. Judging by how he's unharmed by his own nuking of the universe and can easily trade blows with the likes of Bat-Mite. Hell, his sheer dimensional form would warrant him that durability
Myx is no different from a cartoon character scaling anyone to him especially durability is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back