• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBZ minor speed addition

Hear me out.
Beginning of Series Piccolo and Goku (408 and 416) = 0.43c
Kaio-ken Goku (16,000 | 24,000 | 32,000) = >0.86c | >1.29c | >1.72c
Great Ape Vegeta (180,000) = >8.6c
Post-Namek Training Kaio-ken Goku (160,000) = >17.2c
Post-Zenkai Kaio-ken Goku (6,000,000 | 60,000,000) = >34.4c | >344c

Post zenkai goku was 3 million, and i doubt we are using power levels like that, or else first kaioken goku would be over 16c

I'm not comparing the Power Levels in order to find multipliers.

Beginning of Z Goku scales to 0.43c, and using Kaio-ken, he'd scale to 0.86c (16,000), 1.29c (24,000), and 1.72c (32,000) respectively.
Vegeta scales above Kaio-ken Goku, so he scales to 0.86c, and with Great Ape, he becomes 8.6c.
Post-Namek Saga Goku scales above Kaio-ken x4 Goku from the Saiyan Saga, so he scales to 3.44c with Kaio-ken.
  • I messed up and scaled Post-Namek Saga Goku's Power Level to Saiyan Saga Kaio-ken Goku's Power Level, which gave me 17.2c with Kaio-ken.
Post-Zenkai Goku scales above all of that, so he scales to 8.6c. With Kaio-ken, this becomes 17.2c, and with Kaio-ken x20, we get 172c.
It's the current system we use now, but only with multipliers established in-universe (Kaio-ken and Great Ape).

Vegeta's page only has higher as oozaru in both strenght and speed and the notable abilities section doesn't mention the multiplier so no.

Agreed, idk about it being used on speed unless it is stated to be, but it is definitely a strenght and AP multiplier.

And it would make sense to increase speed as well, since great apes can move super quick and they need to get faster to do so due to the increased body mass and volume.

Agreed, idk about it being used on speed unless it is stated to be, but it is definitely a strenght and AP multiplier.
It should be a speed increase as well, there is nothing to suggest that a Oozaru would be slower than a regular saiyan.

I mean the Wrath Form, which was compared to the Great Ape Form, made Broly both stronger than faster.

Last edited:
The problem is that the wiki doesn't consider it a speed multipliers without direct statements, even if the logic makes sense.

And it would make sense to increase speed as well, since great apes can move super quick and they need to get faster to do so due to the increased body mass and volume.
How would that affect Kid Goku's AP though?

Couldn't you technically shorten the timeframe a bit since we see the glow of the attack travel to the viewer on Earth from the moon at the 3 seconds mark?

If it took 3 seconds for people on Earth to see the return glow, then it technically took the attack 1.7 seconds to reach the moon. So, about 76.4% SoL.

Last edited:
******* finally. Someone finally takes my word to heart and carries it out.

Yeah this is fine, I did the calc myself in the Roshi Moon Bust thread and I used both Kai and OG anime, the results check out just fine.

Couldn't you technically shorten the timeframe a bit since we see the glow of the attack travel to the viewer on Earth from the moon at the 3 seconds mark?

If it took 3 seconds for people on Earth to see the return glow, then it technically took the attack 1.7 seconds to reach the moon. So, about 76.4% SoL.
I originally assumed a 3 second mark as a low-ball based on the visuals of the actual beam travelling from Piccolo's hand to the moon (The feat itself cuts to the moon glowing after those 3 seconds). I didn't actually take the moon glowing brighter as a result afterwards into account.

Yeah I can edit the calc.

Oh, one more thing, keep both ends of the calc with both of their reasonings just in case.

If that's so, then should this upgrade be implemented? This is a pretty straightforward upgrade and all staff members who commented here seemed to agree with the calc

Hear me out.
Beginning of Series Piccolo and Goku (408 and 416) = 0.43c
Kaio-ken Goku (16,000 | 24,000 | 32,000) = >0.86c | >1.29c | >1.72c
Great Ape Vegeta (180,000) = >8.6c
Post-Namek Training Kaio-ken Goku (160,000) = >17.2c
Post-Zenkai Kaio-ken Goku (6,000,000 | 60,000,000) = >34.4c | >344c

This is scary now.

If that's so, then should this upgrade be implemented? This is a pretty straightforward upgrade and all staff members who commented here seemed to agree with the calc
Agreeing with Piccolo's feat calc and discussing the scaling chain for a lot of major characters from a popular verse are two different things. The latter is a much bigger revision for the verse and should require its own thread.

Back