• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS spacetime has several contradictions (staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the main point, we should note that every time someone time travels in time, it creates a different branch. If so, Goku & Co. travelled to the future a total of three times in that arc IIRC, so that should have created three extra branches of Future Trunks' timeline, albeit very similar. It could be that Whis was talking about one of these branches. Zeno destroyed a single branch, but that is still timeline destruction.
Tbh this doesn't make any sense as I don't see any reason why whis would be talking about another timeline entirely and not the one zeno nuked.

We need actual blog for DB verse, or this kind of thread will keep popping up
Would somebody here be willing to handle it? Perhaps we should ask Dominodalek and SSJRyu1?
We actually have a whole thread dedicated for the DB Cosmology stuff but it's been inactive for a while. Zamasu-chan was working on his blog.
@Vietthai96 @Dominodalek @SSJRyu1 @Zamasu_Chan

Would you be willing to collaborate to handle it please?

I believe it's because Zamasu already worked hard on a different blog; albeit that one is more in line with trying to upgrade Universe 7 to 2-C and the Macrocosm to Low 1-C. Which then got rejected and that. And as such, Zamasu does not appear to be interested in constructing another super lengthy blog. At least based on my understanding.

I believe it's because Zamasu already worked hard on a different blog; albeit that one is more in line with trying to upgrade Universe 7 to 2-C and the Macrocosm to Low 1-C. Which then got rejected and that. And as such, Zamasu does not appear to be interested in constructing another super lengthy blog. At least based on my understanding.
DDM is right. I’m simply done. You need scans for anything feel free to ask but do not bother me about DB’s universe unless it has to do with non canonical stuff.

Okay then.

Would somebody else be willing to handle this instead?

Okay then.

Would somebody else be willing to handle this instead?
We gotta have a CRT to conclude facts that can be used on the blogs…banning threads on such topics is counterproductive. I’d be willing to do it, but I’m not going to waste hours of my time working on something that’s going to potentially get rejected when it could’ve been discussed far in advance.

Well, I am not sure what we should do here, if nobody is willing to handle writing an appropriate instruction page.

But there aren’t any more corresponding time rings to justify that.
That's probably an inconsistency or something that was never addressed in the show. I remember the room where the time rings were kept was a big room with many drawers so I don't think there are only as many timelines as the number of time rings shown to us in that one box. Whis only talked about the time ring Beerus created, but because from what we know of DB's time travel, each time Goku and Vegeta visited the future, it should have branched out from that particular point.

Tbh this doesn't make any sense as I don't see any reason why whis would be talking about another timeline entirely and not the one zeno nuked.
Future Trunks' timeline in which he defeated Androids and Cell is the main one. Until the point Goku travelled there for the first time, it should not have any branches, so let's call this timeline till the start of Future Trunks arc "The Trunk". When Goku and Vegeta travelled there for the first time, it should technically split into two branches. Let's call them branch 1 (the one we followed till the end) and 2. Goku and Vegeta travelled to branch 1 two more times after that, so it should split further to form branches 3 and 4. Whis talked about going to a time before Zamasu killed Kaioshins, so he was referring to the trunk, meaning the trunk was not destroyed. He wanted to create another branch directly from the trunk, not from any of the four branches. This means that what Zeno destroyed would only be branch 1 and makes sense since branches 2, 3 and 4 would have their own Zenos.

At least that's what my understanding of the events is.

That's probably an inconsistency or something that was never addressed in the show. I remember the room where the time rings were kept was a big room with many drawers so I don't think there are only as many timelines as the number of time rings shown to us in that one box. Whis only talked about the time ring Beerus created, but because from what we know of DB's time travel, each time Goku and Vegeta visited the future, it should have branched out from that particular point.
Are you suggesting that each of those drawers all contain boxes of time rings? Nothing proves that but it would also mean that there are countless alternate timelines. Also I think timelines in DB are only affected if something significant happens, we aren't shown a new timeline is created purely from traveling, history would need to be interacted with. Otherwise there'd be several branching pairs of timelines being created every time the time machine is fired up, which we also don't see.

Are you suggesting that each of those drawers all contain boxes of time rings? Nothing proves that but it would also mean that there are countless alternate timelines.
I am not suggesting anything like that. I am saying we should not assume those are all the rings that exist because it's never stated.

Also I think timelines in DB are only affected if something significant happens, we aren't shown a new timeline is created purely from traveling, history would need to be interacted with.
Goku and Vegeta fighting with Zamasu and interacting with people is a significant change. Just like how there exists a timeline where Z-fighters never interacted with Future Trunks before the Android saga, while interacting with him branched off a new timeline, there should be a timeline where Zamasu never fought with Goku and Vegeta in Future Trunks' time which led to a different set of events. In the manga, Future Trunks' also explained that any action like that can change the course of time.

I am not suggesting anything like that. I am saying we should not assume those are all the rings that exist because it's never stated.

Goku and Vegeta fighting with Zamasu and interacting with people is a significant change. Just like how there exists a timeline where Z-fighters never interacted with Future Trunks before the Android saga, while interacting with him branched off a new timeline, there should be a timeline where Zamasu never fought with Goku and Vegeta in Future Trunks' time which led to a different set of events. In the manga, Future Trunks' also explained that any action like that can change the course of time.
Well literally any possibility could exist. But if we're only going by what's shown, then the number of time rings doesn't support most of the theories that we attempt to use with DBS. And Whis directly stated he could time travel in an erased timeline.

If nobody is still interested in creating an explanation blog for our current tiers, should we close this thread?

Cosmology discussion time. Great.
And yeah I’d close the thread since I don’t think it’s going anywhere
And it's never going to. Staff doesn't want to have the cosmology discussion, but keeps pestering regular users to make a cosmology blog. Stupid af, but yeah, close it.

Rejected is an understatement.

I am personally neutral about that suggestion, but other staff members disagree.

Staff doesn't want to have the cosmology discussion, but keeps pestering regular users to make a cosmology blog. Stupid af, but yeah, close it.
I mean, nobody is pestering you to create a blog if you don't want to. And you have to understand where staff members come from, they have had these discussions hundreds of times so it's natural they'd lose interest in repeating the same things again and again without any new DB content. It's not even about cosmology, but DB in general receives way less staff input now than it used to.

If there is nothing else to do here, then I guess I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back