• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems fine. What do the rest of the staff members here think?

Im not familiar with DBX so if anyone absorbed him or fused with him or such, then whoever did that scales.

But again, we are not giving DB any special treatment.

Well, Azathoth said that infinite speed could probably be argued for. What do the rest of you think?

In that regard I could buy a ''possibly infinite'' speed rating for Demigra.

I think that giving Infinite Speed for Demigra due to very shaky statements and then admitting it is an outlier and not giving it to anyone else just feels really dishonest, and an attempt to appease people more than anything.

Infinite speed Demigra is the best we can get with the statements. And nobody scales to that.

Still, I dont know about XV, so I wont argue it.

Well the Future Warrior ''did'' have a battle in the Crack of Time against Demigra and is portrayed as comparable to him.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
Well the Future Warrior did have a battle in the Crack of Time against Demigra and is portrayed as comparable to him.
No. You like comparing dbz with digimon? Fighting in the dark area doesnt grant you infinite speed.

But fighting in a void does in Sonic. Erazor Djin has a singular void feat for less than 5 minutes and gets infinite speed. The only reason I am even arguing about infinite speed is because some franchises get it for void feats while others don't. I don't even care if it scales to the rest of the cast of DBX, I simply want equality for void feats and the such.

@Pachi Sonic gets infinite speed for fighting beings that have moved in a void even though he has been almost always been portrayed as finite speed prior.

I've never once compared DB with Digimon.

Anyways I have no idea how this whole speed scaling thing works but giving someone a speed but not to those who fought said person doesn't make much sense for me (except outliers of course).

Higher-End Super Sonic level characters are Infinite Speed not only because of that Bluetrekking, it's also mainly because Super Sonic restored the destroyed/devoured time and space at the end of Sonic and the Secret Rings, Generations and 06, they can also act and move after the latter completely collapsed.

I dont know about Sonic, but whatever is done in other verses is of no concern here (same with using SMT or Digimon here as an arguement).

At this point Im leaning towards that regulation.

Im not following this any more.

DodoNova2 said:
.... I will not read everything ..... can we summarize why DBX should have infinite speed?
Stop being lazy.

It might be necessary for some staff member to start a new thread with a summary of the arguments for and against infinite speed for us to get anywhere at this point.

I agree, and I also think we should let a few important non-staff members comment on the thread.

I am fine with letting sensible non-staff members commemt.

I don't think you're careless. You probably know how to pay attention to a lot of stuff.

ovo

So, can anybody write a summary of the points for and against infinite speed, and post it here? Afterwards some staff member can use it for a new thread.

This feels very outlier-y and circumstantial to me, so count me as against it.

You can't use outlier as an argument here, though. There's plenty of arguments you can use against this, but not that it is an outlier.

There are roughly 4-5 statements, which would be enough to be consistent if they weren't misinterpreted.

1. Demigra lives and functions in a timeless void (crack of time) for 75 million years and can even influence the main timelines from there consistently through the entire game.

2. Demigra and FW have there final battle in this place, along with Goku.

3. Towa and Mira have always existed outside the flow of time.

4. Mira and Bardock battle outside time and space in the crack of time destroying part of history.

5. In DBH Demigra was warping and distorting space and time on a multiversal scale, and trancends it to the real world to, and was about to destroy the entire multiverse and real world and act in the reesulting void, freely creating his own new world from nothing.

6. Demigra in DBH created his own castle in the crack of time on purpose (timeless void) and can freely function in it and go in and out of it (as can all his minions and the pattrolers). Even stated to be "like it doesn't exist."

7. All the masters can physically fly through time, across timelines and reach you of their own accord from conton city where they normally are, and are shown flying into the field, and flying out if beaten on their own speed. None of which are pattrolers, most of which do not have teleportation or any of said hax, and many of which are even villains and completly opposition to the time pattrol sans you.

8. There are many statements of trancending time etc. You can say exageration or interprit them diffrently but if you take them literally they support these points, which is more valid given these feats tahn assuming they are exagerations.

*additional points*

9. Demigra can act in multiple timelines and multiple points of time and space simoltainiously with many clones that share a collective conciousness in DBH and can freely be moved or created wherever and whenever. They can do what he does and continue to act as an extension of his will even if his body is gone. I would see this as a form of immesurable speed if one conciousness can act in past present and future simoltainiously.

10. Demigra's dark energy permiates all the multiverse and trancends it to go beyond to the real world. It is controlled by Demigra completly, and continuously passively gives him kiri, supresses or nulifies foes power and abilities etc. Can create clones, wormholes that can transport things and shoot energy blasts anywhere and when, mind control and posses people, ressurect the dead etc. Also it can act on it's own even taccording to his will when he's not around showing it's collective conciousness further. This would likely be a form of omnipressence or nigh-omnipressence.

I beleive this covers the speed feats in general. Any more that I missed?

At this train it would be better to make a thread with the staff and SSJRyu who knows Xenoverse 2 better than anyone

So you say, but acting in a timeless void consistently is considered a speed feat according to the speed page, so I disagree with your analysis.

5. acting in a void is speed feat.

6. acting in a void is a speed feat.

7. freely flying through time and space in any direction is a speed feat (see Flash profile)

9. having your conciousness in multiple places at once acting in unison with multiple connected bodies is not time manip.

10. Having your conciousness spread across the multiverse in the form of concious dark energy is not time manip, similar case as shin budokai janemba who is nigh-omnipresent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back