• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Daruma (Samurai 8) vs God of Darkness (RWBY)

ZephyrosOmega said:
It's still planetary AOE in either case
I mean, yes it is Planetary AOE but there is really no indication it would work on a Cyborg. I don't watch RWBY so I could be wrong here but that attack of his was specifically meant to target human souls from what I read about it. Even if we assume it somehow works on someone like Daruma, he still should be more than fast enough to dodge it.

Why are we assuming it is EE or Matter hax in the first place?

With the AP the guy has and the range dusting people with some attack is very easy to do so why go to the extreme and say he has such strong abilities without any but headcanon behind it?

I assumed matter is 1. It turned Evey human only into ash 2. All the rest of life and everything else was fine and Salem probably also got turned to ash but she lived because lol type 3 immortality

Because it is not EE, you are simply assuming it with no evidence provided. It only worked on humans, Daruma is not a human. Speed is equalized among the combatants, not their attacks or are we assuming all attacks are as fast as the combatants?

Spinoirr said:
I assumed matter is
1. It turned Evey human only into ash 2. All the rest of life and everything else was fine and Salem probably also got turned to ash but she lived because lol type 3 immortality
I mean, with the AP difference an AoE attack like that can make them dust/ash/vapor without any problem so I kinda still don't get why we assume it is matter hax

If it was just a massive aoe attack then the surface of the planet would be Destroyed

But it wasn't, it only affected humans

The Prince of Counters said:
I disagree with EE as well, it's in the profile as Deconstruction, nothing more nothing less.
It was actually agreed in a previous CRT to be EE

Even if it was, God of darkness is too corny to just insta-aoe the hell out of people. First time he appears he contort his body, makes himself do noises similar to bones being crushed, and overall acts like some third rate horror movie villain for no reason beyond making a theatrical appearance.

Second time he takes the form of a dragon and takes a good few seconds to roar in the human armies' face at a few meters distance.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Even if it was, God of darkness is too corny to just insta-aoe the hell out of people. First time he appears he contort his body, makes himself do noises similar to bones being crushed, and overall acts like some third rate horror movie villain for no reason beyond making a theatrical appearance.
Second time he takes the form of a dragon and takes a good few seconds to roar in the human armies' face at a few meters distance.
Neither of those were combat scenarios. At that time, The gods lived in harmony with humans and Salem was just asking him to bring Ozma back.

Obviously it was an army in the last one, but before they attacked they were trying to find out why humanity had turned on them. As soon as the humans attack he succs their magic to show off then AOEs in the one time we actually see him fight.

How is an army going at you, wielding magic to kill you, not a combat scenario? He won't take Daruma any more seriously then your average village person for no reason, you know?

Humans also weren't in harmony with him. His pet monsters destroyed all that is good, he created famine and all the other bad stuff, and he only even heard Salem out because she was the only person that came to him to actually ask anything.

You can't tell me that the way he acts isn't overly theatrical. He crashed through the moon and beamed through the universe just to be flashy when he should by all means be able to just teleport like his brother, he did the whole horror thing when meeting Salem, and he did the angery dragon act for the army. He has no way to know Darui is anything but some weird human, and certainly no reason to assume that he is even close to his power or that he can negate his regen.

Characters acting non-combative when not in a fight is not a means to tell how they would act in a fight

Because he can just create a new body without the need toregenerate as the Gods freely travel between life and death on a regular basis

WeeklyBattles said:
Because he can just create a new body without the need toregenerate as the Gods freely travel between life and death on a regular basis
And he can do that on thought? If he requires limbs to do so I dont think he would be able to.

Daruma literally has an ability that creates a tornado large enough to destroy hundreds of km of land and rip everything in it to shreds coupled with his durability negation GoD wont even have a body.

So, the question comes down to if he Daruma can put him down or not. Nothing I've seen from GoD suggests he can hurt Daruma so far... what are the limits of his supposed body creation?

Spinoirr said:
He can just think and he can telport like his bro
ok he can teleport but he would still be in pieces and unable to fight. Still a loss by incap. As Daruma is in a fighting state.

Rocker1189 said:
And he can do that on thought? If he requires limbs to do so I dont think he would be able to.

Daruma literally has an ability that creates a tornado large enough to destroy hundreds of km of land and rip everything in it to shreds coupled with his durability negation GoD wont even have a body.
Yes

GoD cause planetary Existence Erasure

If he can just think out a body then yeah Daruma has no win con. Maybe in 2 weeks he might get something else but that is unlikely since Ata is likely going to kick his ass.

Yes

GoD cause planetary Existence Erasure

What evidence is there behind assuming it is EE? If it was indeed EE, then the surface of the planet would be wiped at least along with all animal and plant life. Given what I've heard, only humans were harmed. That is not EE. His "EE" only specifically targetted humans... nothing else, so, why exactly do we assume it can harm a cyborg?

Given what you are saying about his Type 5, it is a stalemate imo, Daruma cannot exactly put him down if he can just create new bodies endlessly.

Targeted hax isn't anything special, and it also targeted everything human made item as far as I remember.

I'd argue it's simply Thanos snapping enemies tough, since sometimes we get to see dust, and their souls are left intact too.

@B023 Because he can target who he erases? That actually more supports it being EE rather than straight AP as if it werestraight AP it would have killed everything on the planet

The CRT is above guys, you can talk about this in the said thread.

That said, as long as this not in the profile (currently in discussion on a CRT), this argument can't be used.

well without EE it would be an inconclusive, due to Daruma having a massive AP advantage(not that it matters cause dura neg but it helps with durability), can buff himself 100 times with princess buff and hie Yoken on top off that allows him to 1 shot enermies of his level. But he cant finish off GoD.

With EE its a straight stomp since he has no win con and he cant dodge forever with equalized speed.

But yet again Daruma is yet to show us his true level of strength, actually his current showings have all been far weaker than prime and he scales quite far above the current 5-A feat. He likely has a few more abilities not shown yet.

Back