• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Porygon-2

KingEzran

He/Him
Post New Hope Vader is used. Let's get into the details of this versus thread.

-Speed Equalized

-Both in Character

-Range: 5 meters

-Win via death

Votes:

Vader: 0

Porygon: 0

The way that someone said it to me was that Pokemon have access to all of their moves and abilities, not just 4.

i think he might mean: does porygon have all of it's moves (meaning all tm/hm moves, all pokemon go moves, all iQ skills etc.) or does it only have the moves/abilities it learns by leveling up?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Soldier_Blue/Star_Wars_-_Giants_of_Living_Stone

Okay, so that's 476 kilotons then. He's about 4.6 times stronger than Porygon2, which isn't enough to oneshot, but it still means that it won't be taking hits from Vader very comfortably, and given the latter's range, Porygon2 will always be subject to telekinesis.

A solid case for Porygon2 could also be made since it can boost its speed, create illusory copies of itself via Double Team, and hide behind substitutes, all while spamming electrical moves that Vader is weak to, but Vader's precognition and telekinesis could still give him the upper hand.

I'll admit though, I have a very strong bias for Porygon2 here, since it is my favorite Pokemon.

I think a psychic typing would only allow it to resist raw psychic energy attacks, not being lifted up off of the ground or slammed into the ground.

Plus, there's also a Pokemon equivalent of Telekinesis which lifts foes into the air, and you can still be affected by it just as much if you resist psychic type moves.

Okay, so if he scales to the asteroid feat I listed earlier, does he scale to the 135.6 kt end, or the 500+ kt end?

Also, how does his precognition work?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Soldier_Blue/Star_Wars_-_Giants_of_Living_Stone
Okay, so that's 476 kilotons then. He's about 4.6 times stronger than Porygon2, which isn't enough to oneshot, but it still means that it won't be taking hits from Vader very comfortably, and given the latter's range, Porygon2 will always be subject to telekinesis.

A solid case for Porygon2 could also be made since it can boost its speed, create illusory copies of itself via Double Team, and hide behind substitutes, all while spamming electrical moves that Vader is weak to, but Vader's precognition and telekinesis could still give him the upper hand.

I'll admit though, I have a very strong bias for Porygon2 here, since it is my favorite Pokemon.
Vote Vader?

I don't know, apparently Vader doesn't scale to either of the feats linked above. I'll need to see the calc for the feat he scales to in order to argue for either side.

If that's the case I might change my vote to Porygon2.

Vader should be a lot stronger to some degree, but Porygon2 has many ways to play around it. It can ceate illusory copies via Double Team, hide behind substitutes, block Vader's attacks via protect, boost its stats via Sharpen, Defense Curl, and Agility, use Lock-On to ensure hits land, use Conversion 2 to adapt to the lightsaber blows, and Heal itself via Recover.

None of that is counting the six electrical attacks that Darth Vader is vulnerable to. I can't imagine him having an answer to Porygon2 using Rain Dance to guarantee a hit with Thunder.

Back