• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darquesse VS Aiz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still going with Ainz becuz of Dark Wraiths' reasoning

Ainz can summon an army of undead and actives TGoALID while she is busy fighting undead

Undead hordes get fodderised by atomisation or existence erasure with a glance.

Only reason Ainz doesn't immediately suffer the same fate is her curiousity about his magic.

Not sure how relevant this is either but Ainz has a ring that "protects the user from detection by all kinds of divination-type magic." which would probably block the precog in the first place.

@Web, it's pretty much instant. The moment the person even has the intention to use their magic, she sees the magic and what it is going to do, then hijacks control of their magic and stops it from working.

And Darquesse's seeing magic isn't divination. There are sensitives who do actual divination in the SP verse and what she does is different.

And even if she couldn't see his magic, the last time she saw something without magic, she used laser eyes first, and existence erasure second. Her laser eyes would bounce of Ainz due to the AP difference, but then her existence erasure would hit him and he'd be gone. And like I said above. Curiousity about his magic is the only reason she doesn't just atomise him. If she can't analyse the magic, she'd just turn him to atoms and be done with it.

There is already a divination magic in overlord that works in a similar way though. A spell called Mana Essence allows you to see the magic aura of your target and presumably it would be blocked by this ring. I don't see why it shouldn't prevent her from seeing his magic aura using her ability.

Even if she couldn't see his magic aura Ainz hardly seems like a random mook anyway. He still absolutely looks magical. Also we don't even know that the ring makes it look like there is no magic it could look like a wall of magic preventing you from seeing what is happening.

If she leads with her laser eyes as you stated as Ainz leads with Grasp Heart or Death which is completely in character for him. Both spells have instant cast times. The laser eyes would fail and even if Darquesse survived Grasp Heart the spell activates a strong stun effect. Which would give Ainz plenty of time to time stop and cry of the banshee or death curse putting her down for good.

By that reasoning I think Ainz takes it.

Except you are using words like "presumably" and "we don't know". Things we don't know aren't applicable to a match.

Except everyone is a mook to Darquesse.

Except she wouldn't be impressed at all by his fancy lich robes, and this isn't her first time seeing as living skeleton before either.

Except Grasp Heart does not have an instant cast time.

And is that ring even part of Ainz's standard equipment?

Regardless, I will count your vote.

Darquesse: 4 (FDryBob, OPMasada, Kaltias, KingofNegativity)

Ainz: 1 (Webcamparrot)

Dark's swung over to "Darquesse stomps" and I wouldn't count that has a vote, Hit's reasoning was debunked before he ever posted it, and PaChi took back his vote.

I'm using words like "presumably" so I don't come across as too condescending and rude but if you want me to be blunt fine. Mana Essence is a low level divination magic that lets you see magic auras. The ring blocks all levels of divination magic. So Darquesse will not be able to prevent Ainz from using spells and she wont be able to tell that he's casting a spell.

"Except everyone is a mook to Darquesse" directly contradicts your previous statement that she likes to analyse opponents with a high amount of magical ability. And it is going to be her first time seeing someone that can block her ability to see magic.

Grasp heart is just a higher level version of the Death spell. It's death manip that instantly kills the target without activation time or requirements. The only difference is that Grasp Heart also crushes your heart which stuns creatures otherwise immune to death magic. The only time it takes is the time to close your fist which should at least be comparable to Darquesses speed at summoning her atomization flames if not faster.

The ring is one of the 10 rings that Ainz always wears. So yes it's part of his standard equipment.

Alright. So she goes for eyebeams first to see what it does, and existence erasure second.

By the time she reaches her full power, everyone in her universes is a mook to her. And I'm theorising about her sparing him long enough to analyse his magic based on her desire to grow and evolve. You can't grow and evolve if you're dead, so she's not going to prioritise learning if it threatens her life. She doesn't like it when things threaten her life. When things threaten her life, she destroys them.

As you said, Grasp Heart requires Ainz to take the time to reach out his hand and crush an image of the creature's heart. Extending a hand and making a crushing moment is not instant or without activation time or requirements. And Darquesse can summon existence erasure flames instantly at her targets location, or atomise them with a thought.

Ok.

Darquesse see's what comes next with precog, slaps power null, and haxes to death.

Also known as Darq FRA

You hate Ainz don't you :)

Ah I didn't realise she could Atomize with a thought. It's been awhile since I read the books where she turns into Darquesse. If she's going to lead with her beams first I would still give it to Ainz though because I think that gives him the time to Time Stop or Grasp Heart and essentially do what I mentioned above.

Also the Death spell is the one that "Instantly kills the target without any activation time or requirements. It is similar to Grasp Heart but does not require the caster to crush the heart and does not have it's secondary stun effect". For some reason I recalled Valk having to gesture in order to summon the black flames but if she can do it with a thought that's obviously faster than Grasp Heart and I guess it's comparable to the Death spell? I can't find the page where Death is actually used so I'm not sure if the above is just hyperbole.

Gargoyle One said:
Darquesse see's what comes next with precog, slaps power null, and haxes to death.

Also known as Darq FRA

You hate Ainz don't you :)
Her precog and power null come from seeing magic auras which is blocked by Ainz's ring as I've mentioned already.

Guys (Gargoyle and Heilergott)

Am I imagining things, or did Web just talk about a magic ring that prevents magic seeing, and thus precog, powernull and powercopy?

Darquesse cannot nullify nor predict Ainz's TGoALID since it isn't magic anyways, it's a special skill. Hmm, and since Ainz's ring blocks magic auras (based on Webcamparrot's reasoning), Ainz could still have a chance to win this if he plays his cards right (which he no doubt will, since that's within his character to do so). I'd say Ainz could win this, not quite easily though.

There's a lot of different types of magic in SP verse. Elemental, various Adept Disciplines, Free Magic, Pure Magic, Warlock Magic...

It being a "special skill" wouldn't stop her from seeing what it is if it's magical, spiritual or energy based in nature.

Monarch Laciel said:
There's a lot of different types of magic in SP verse. Elemental, various Adept Disciplines, Free Magic, Pure Magic, Warlock Magic...

It being a "special skill" wouldn't stop her from seeing what it is if it's magical, spiritual or energy based in nature.
And since when can Darquese replicate powers based on non-magical energy? Last I've checked, she can copy an opponent's power through their "magic", where are the evidence that she can replicate and nullify non-magic based abilities.

Also, Ainz's TGoALID being a special skill would stop her from using it, as it doesn't cost MP to activate it, and (again) where are the evidence of her being able to replicate non-magical attacks?

There are others in the Overlord-verse who can use supernatural attacks called "Skills" and, last I've recalled. they aren't mages, like "Touch Me".

Boi, it's a not a skill like some fancy sword move.

It's a fancy ability that buffs his magic. You're really arguing semantics if you want to claim that's not a form of magic she can replicate.

Monarch Laciel said:
Boi, it's a not a skill like some fancy sword move.

It's a fancy ability that buffs his magic. You're really arguing semantics if you want to claim that's not a form of magic she can replicate.
Hmm. And how is she going to get past his ring, where it can prevent detection from divination?

She might just have better Extrasensory Perception than it can block, considering she can sense souls, energy and magic across the planet / and potentially universe.

Or she doesn't bother "getting past" the ring and just atomises him because if he doesn't have any magic to analyse why would she care about him?

Monarch Laciel said:
She might just have better Extrasensory Perception than it can block, considering she can sense souls, energy and magic across the planet / and potentially universe.

Or she doesn't bother "getting past" the ring and just atomises him because if he doesn't have any magic to analyse why would she care about him?
I'm not sure about her EP being better than Ainz's ring, considering some of the capabilities he has are quite explicit on its extent (in particular, it was said to block detection from "all types of divination"), and the fact that the ring of his is one of the high tier equipments of his verse, so it logically shouldn't be some weaksauce item. Even if that sounds too much of a NLF for you, it shouldn't be that much of a difference when compared to her being able to sense souls, energy and magic across the universe, which I'm sure Darquesse isn't at that level, based from the novels I've read about her so far.

Last I've checked, her atomisation has only been used against enemies fodder to her, so we won't know what it does against opponents of Ainz's level, whether or not atomisation would work on Ainz is uncertain. She may or may not care about him, but there's no reason to say that Ainz can't go lethal on her either, especially if he sees how much of a threat she is to him (which shouldn't take too long, nor would it be too difficult for him to find out). Since Darquesse doesn't seem to have any resistance to instant death, Ainz can simply use Widen Magic and Cry of the Banshee to wipe her out (without needing to use TGoALID), and use True Death as an extra measure to keep her down. She might be able to take him down in an instant, but the same can be applied for vice versa. Plus, with speed equalisation in effect, he might be able to react fast enough to evade her black flames through Greater Teleportation, which is an instantaneous teleportation.

I say possibly universe because it took them moving Ravel to another universe to break her connection to him, though now that I think about it that might have been refering to her pain manipulation. She can sense him anyway across the planet, which is why I said her magic senses have a planetary range.

Atomisation is hax, not AP, so there's no reason it wouldn't work on Ainz, unless he isn't made of atoms or something, and even then she could just rip apart whatever particles he is made of. Black Flames are pretty much instant themselves, so teleporting out of the way isn't really an option once they've hit.

Monarch Laciel said:
I say possibly universe because it took them moving Ravel to another universe to break her connection to him. At the very least though, she can sense him anyway across the planet, which is why I said her magic senses have a planetary range.

Atomisation is hax, not AP, so there's no reason it wouldn't work on Ainz, unless he isn't made of atoms or something, and even then she could just rip apart whatever particles he is made of. Black Flames are pretty much instant themselves, so teleporting out of the way isn't really an option.
And when has her hax ever affected enemies equal to or above her level? There can be series where hax could be resisted by raw power, and Darquesse needs some feats to confirm whether or not her hax would work since it's only ever been shown being used on fodders to her. Not saying raw power could resist atomisation, but Darquesse needs at least one feat of atomising an opponent equal to or above her level to confirm that the hax can truly be used in a debate (plus, why didn't she use them against the likes of Melancholia, Lord Vile, Melvolent and Argeddion when they encountered her?). Her black flames are the only confirmed hax thing she has going for her here.

Also, if Darquesse can't sense Ainz's magic (which I still doubt she can sense him. She may have a lot of range with her EP, but range does not necessarily mean potency), he can use Complete Invisibility and Perfect Unknowable to make himself invisible and imperceptible to her. From that point, how can she properly attack something that she can't see nor perceive? What can she do to prevent him from surprise attacking her with an instant death spell? How would she be able to counter that combo and his strategic mindset through them?

Saying hax needs to have feats of affecting someone on their level defeats the point of hax. Unless the person is a dimensional level above them or something, any good hax won't care how much more physically powerful they are. And she didn't use it against Argeddion because she didn't have it at that point, she didn't use it against Mevolent because the first time she didn't have it and the second time she didn't even care about his existence, Melancholia she didn't use it against the first time because she didn't have it, the second time because she was overwhelmed and using her magic to heal herself so she never got a chance, and she never used it on Vile because the first and second times she didn't have it, and the third time she wanted to make his death special, and kill him when he was skulduggery.

You keep throwing out all these things Ainz could do. Except there's never going to be the time. If she can't see his magic, this battle ends about 5 seconds after it starts, with him being erased or atomised because there is nothing to learn from him, or her being Grasp Hearted because that's Ainz's go to spell. And if she can see his magic, he's never going to get the opportunity because she'll see and know his spells and power null them.

Gonna have to agree on the atomization thing. It would definitely work on Ainz. The only time hax is questionable in that way is when you are trying to use it on a higher dimensional character. Ainz has never shown any resistance to de-atomization. It's not even like de-atomization is that extreme of a hax. There are tons of characters like Darth Nihilus and the GEoM that can just straight up kill or erase characters that are higher tiers than themselves.

And yeah Complete Invisibility and Perfect Unknowable would be phenomenal here if there was prep time but there isn't which means it basically all goes down within the first few moments.

The first few moments are pretty uncertain on who would win. As Darquesse apparently doesn't care about beings without magic she can exploit and Ainz, being the cautious person he is, using an instant death spell as his first attack. At this point, due to the ring he has (which most likely makes Darquesse's magic precognition/nullification/replication ineffective), this battle would either result in an inconclusive match as it's who pulls the first trigger that wins.

Either inconclusive or Ainz by pulling out a lucky, which is unlikely. I'm going to need a few more information first before I make a final vote on either of the two.

Edit: I could however vote for Darquesse as well if you managed to convince me enough.

I will change my vote to inconclusive. Too many factors that could go either way. Super haxxed characters just aren't very good for versus battles; usually they either stomp hard, or it's difficult to tell who would use their winning move first.

Darquesse: 3 (OPMasada, Kaltias, KingofNegativity) (Gar and Heiller got both voted based on something that was debatably debunked, so I'm not counting their votes for now)

Ainz: 1 (Webcamparrot)

Inconclusive: 2 (FDryBob, DarkWraths)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back